SavedOnebyGrace

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,058
  • Content Per Day:  14.97
  • Days Won:  0

We hear these terms linked together throughout our places of worship and praise, but what do they mean?

Praise and worship are not only for a church service. Rather they should be an integral part of our daily lives. In fact, God is worshipped in heaven without ceasing. In Revelation 4:6–11 John wrote, "and before the throne there was as it were a sea of glass, like crystal. And around the throne, on each side of the throne, are four living creatures. … and day and night they never cease to say, 'Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come!' And whenever the living creatures give glory and honor and thanks to him who is seated on the throne, who lives forever and ever, the twenty-four elders fall down before him who is seated on the throne and worship him who lives forever and ever. They cast their crowns before the throne, saying, 'Worthy are you, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they existed and were created.'"

Source: Praise and Worship

Thoughts?

Edited by SavedOnebyGrace
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  263
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  1

Nice topic SavedByGrace. I think biblically, our worship must be only towards the Almighty; that is why the Apostles worshipped Jesus, after he walked on water and saved Peter who was sinking in the sea- Matthew 14:31-33. Praise though, may be to almost anyone.

-The difference between the two is more clear when one sees the somewhat wide-scope of the worship of God in the NT.

Considering worship, Dr. Michael Morrison- an evangelical prof from GCS - explains that we must worship God in spirit and truth as Jesus said in the Gospel of John 4 :22-24. In Matthew 15:8, Jesus criticized the Pharisees, by quoting Isaiah, saying that they worshipped God in vain by merely honoring God with their lips but their hearts were far from God. Morrison says that our lives will show whether we really worship God- or is it all just in vain?

In the Bible there are 3 types of worship:
     1.worship that involves speaking
     2.worship that involves listening
     3.worship that involves doing

Morrison says that there are several Koine Greek words in the New Testament for "worship". [He first explains that the word  "worship" comes from 2 Old English words: 1) weorth which meant worth
2)scipe/ship which meant shape or quality]

In Romans 12:1 Paul tells us to give our bodies as living sacrifices to God as spiritual worship. Morrison says because the born again believer is the temple of God, all of our entire self and life is an act of submission and worship.

Paul in Romans 1:9 and  15:16 equates worship to preaching the gospel.

In Phillippians 4:18 and 2 Corinthians 9:12 we are told that giving financial help to Christians is the worship of God. And in Hebrews 13:15-16 Christians are told to do two types of worship of God by uttering praises with our lips; and sharing  and doing good to others.

Every one of our acts of obedience is the worship of God. 

------------------------------

For the nonmembers peering in from the web: (These amazing photos from windowintothebible about genune objects which prove the Bible including  Matthew 1:10(we can be now certain that the Gospels are true) from over 700 years before Jesus, from the time of Christ's ancestor Hezekiah and the great prophet Isaiah. They are available in a higher resolution if you ask them. Normally photos like theirs would cost probably hundreds of dollars, not to mention copyright costs if someone puts it in in a pamphlet or other Youth/church ministry educational resource. I am truly blessed to be working with 2 evangelical churches from 2 different denominations to implement these proofs of our beloved Bible in teaching venues at the churches. One of the pastors was so shocked that we had this great a simple photographic proof of the Word, that he asked for evangelical scholarly attestation for the photos authenticity so I gave him a link and title:

Dr. Alan Millard book: " Discoveries From Bible Times"  (A R Millard is truly world-renowned at his craft.)

http:// https://www.google.nl/books/edition/Discoveries_from_Bible_Times/Hu9jQ0zptp8C?hl=en&gbpv=0

1500 evangelical churches in America closed in 2019-the first time such a large net loss of churches, according to Lifeway ResearchWe have to -every Christian has to role up their sleeves- at a grassroots level, meaning in our homes, churches, Sunday Schools, adult Bible studies and show our fellow Christians that the Bible really is true very simply. A little effort will greatly help the Body of Christ!

Our forbears died by torture to protect the Bible and Christian civilization. So many are retired and have so much time, so please , I'm begging everyone peering in from the Web(not directed at you SavedByGrace or Worthy members) to find one of these retired Christians  who have the time and love for Christ and at the very least get their own, or a local church to teach a bit of what Professor Alan Millard has shown us through the Spirit of Christ using the free photos from "windowintothebible" (in the link below.) [The simple Christian New Zealand family's photos will not be up on the web forever-so download them soon. Their small Bible museum closed a few years ago.] https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/290431-pauls-arguers-proven-pic-of-2000-yrs-ago-from-acts-26-do-you-think-you-can-convince-me-to-become-a-christian-in-such-a-short-timenkjv-footnote-60-to-9o-of-us-christian-youth-left-the-faith-kirk-cameron-josh-mcdowell-british-are-druids-today-why/

May God bless you all.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,398
  • Content Per Day:  12.16
  • Days Won:  31

On 8/9/2023 at 11:35 PM, SavedOnebyGrace said:

We hear these terms linked together throughout our places of worship and praise, but what do they mean?

Praise and worship are not only for a church service. Rather they should be an integral part of our daily lives. In fact, God is worshipped in heaven without ceasing. In Revelation 4:6–11 John wrote, "and before the throne there was as it were a sea of glass, like crystal. And around the throne, on each side of the throne, are four living creatures. … and day and night they never cease to say, 'Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come!' And whenever the living creatures give glory and honor and thanks to him who is seated on the throne, who lives forever and ever, the twenty-four elders fall down before him who is seated on the throne and worship him who lives forever and ever. They cast their crowns before the throne, saying, 'Worthy are you, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they existed and were created.'"

Thoughts?

Hi @SavedOnebyGrace The Psalms also offer huge scope for interlinked definitions of praise and worship which continue to amaze and comfort. :)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Brother

I've thought alot about tye difference between Praise and Worship throughout the years as it seems they go together like " food and drink".... or something like that,lol

Of course we do find our Answer in God's Word..... Praise is a Declaration,it's all ABOUT God- for me personally Praise is the "warm up" thst leads into Worship -which brings us TO God,in Relationship to Him,bowing down before Him,with Him-entering into His Glorious Presence offering ourselves in adoration,submission,humility

Those are my thoughts from what I see throughout the Scriptures

With love in Christ,Kwik

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,398
  • Content Per Day:  12.16
  • Days Won:  31

1 minute ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Brother

I've thought alot about tye difference between Praise and Worship throughout the years as it seems they go together like " food and drink".... or something like that,lol

Of course we do find our Answer in God's Word..... Praise is a Declaration,it's all ABOUT God- for me personally Praise is the "warm up" thst leads into Worship -which brings us TO God,in Relationship to Him,bowing down before Him,with Him-entering into His Glorious Presence offering ourselves in adoration,submission,humility

With love in Christ,Kwik

@kwikphilly Some words and themes in Scripture do indeed seem to go together............

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,058
  • Content Per Day:  14.97

21 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Brother

With love in Christ,Kwik

Some church services seem to run them almost simultaneously.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

1 hour ago, SavedOnebyGrace said:

Some church services seem to run them almost simultaneously.

They do and thats fine imo...... we can  proclaim His Wonderful Attributes,Awesome Mighty Works,His Glorious Character and Give Thanks as well as we bow down before Him in Worship.........we should be giving our ALL in All just as He Gave ALL of Himself for us

God Bless you,this is a really good Topic for discussion

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  222
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

On 8/9/2023 at 10:35 PM, SavedOnebyGrace said:

Thoughts?

I would think it is all one and the same . .  we praise him as worship or vice versa..  Worship him as our praise. .  singing his songs in our heart . . . one work. .  His labor  .

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.16

praise: the expression of approval or admiration for someone or something.

worship: to honor or show reverence for as a divine being or supernatural power.

I may praise my dog, but I will never worship him!

Seriously, praise is admiration, worship is exaltation.