IGNORED

Salvation is in your hands, Jesus did his part.

Bro.Tan

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.55
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Robtay7123 said:

I had missionaries in mind. You can go to people who don't have Bibles and teach them the true gospel and they can be saved. Obviously they can't live the same way we can if they don't know God's law, but salvation can still be achieved with 1 faithful person to show them the way.

I think it is possible to go out and point someone in the right direction, but I don't think one could/should try to enter into a covenant relationship not knowing what all it entails.  I think MAYBE people are being pushed/asked before they should be and because of that might end up hear words they never even knew were said to anyone...

BUT I AM NOT ONE WHO IS 'CALLED' in that direction AT ALL,

SO PLEASE DON'T LISTEN TO ME. 

I have a hard enough time performing my labor of love correctly 

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,613
  • Content Per Day:  7.97

9 hours ago, DeighAnn said:

Better hope those assumptions that GOD just 'says some things' that have no real meaning, is truly HIS TRUTH and not just yours...

What a disgusting comment.  I never "assume" that God just says some things.  The real problem here is that you IGNORE the specific things that He HAS said.  It is the height of hypocrisy to emphasize "IT IS WRITTEN" all the time, and then ignore or reject what has been written in the Bible.  It's phony.

Apparently you just don't like some of the things that Jesus has said.

"And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book." Revelation 22:19 KJV  but I am thinking this also somehow will turn out like everything else, me just :th_frusty:

And what is your point here?  How does this verse add any relevancy to the discussion?  Can you clarify?

"The LORD will not spare him, but then the anger of the LORD and his jealousy shall smoke against that man, and all the curses that are written in this book shall lie upon him, and the LORD shall blot out his name from under heaven." Deuteronomy 29:20 KJV

"Let them be blotted out of the book of the living, and not be written with the righteous." Psalms 69:28 KJV

Why in the world would ANY believer think any verse that they ASSUME refers to loss of salvation will trump what Jesus SAID about eternal security?  

In the OT, to "blot out a name" referred to the fact that the person DIED physically and their name was removed from the rolls of the town, city, etc.

Now that I've explained the real meaning of these 2 verses, please address John 5:24 with John 10:28 and explain what exactly Jesus was teaching, if not eternal security.

I sometimes wonder if people actually see God as the author of confusion.  To me, it just looks like GOD IS THE SAME as He has ALWAYS been, always will be.

I believe you just described yourself.  

Hearing 'can't lose salvation' to me is no different than someone saying there is no 2nd death, there is no need to fear destruction of both body and soul, like GOD IS NOT A CONSUMING fire, or the most ridiculous of all... souls don't perish in the Lake of fire because the lake itself is eternal.  :39:   How is it the meaning of smoke or the morning dew 'vanishing' isn't a good enough, I just don't get it.  Such simplicity.

Obviously your hearing isn't so good.

Then again, if one can DEMAND a single resurrection doesn't happen ONCE but twice...nothing is off limits.

Who has said that?  Please name the source.  Much less "demand" such nonsense.  I really don't expect a response because there isn't anyone who demands such demented ideas.

So, that is where I find conflict that you don't find.

All the conflict that you either "see" or "hear" is within your own skull.

That is where I see things that you don't see.

Then you are in need of spiritual glasses.  I've shown you very clear and UNAMBIGUOUS verses by Jesus Himself who taught eternal security and you can only mock the doctrine.  That IS a real seeing/hearing problem.  All between your ears.

These are why our understanding is never the same. These are just more areas in which we don't agree.  This is why I understand it is time to part ways, wouldn't it be something if we could agree on that?

DeighAnn, the problem is one of discernment.  Your views are contradictory with the Bible.  Jesus couldn't have been more clear about eternal security, yet you continually mock the doctrine.  You are simply unable to believe His very clear words.  I don't know what else could be the problem.  NOTHING trumps what Jesus said, and you CAN'T show that He was teaching something else.  When He said that those He gives eternal life SHALL NEVER PERISH, He meant it.  But you just won't believe it.

What He said was clear and very unambiguous, but you grasp onto verses that are anything but unambiguous, and can easily be explained that have nothing to do with salvation.

The Bible talks about eyes and ears being either open or closed.  That's why we don't agree on what we don't agree on.  And you haven't given any clear evidence for your views/beliefs.

Ye have wearied the LORD with your words. Yet ye say, Wherein have we wearied him? When ye say, Every one that doeth evil is good in the sight of the LORD, and He delighteth in them; or, Where is the God of judgment?

You are free to bow out any time.  I prefer to defend the truth.  I have clear and unambiguous verses that clearly say what I believe.

FreeGrace said: 

All you're doing is trying to make Jesus a LIAR.

ASilly me, thought I would read one more, my mistake...

Anyone who rejects eternal security and pushes the false doctrine that salvation can be lost is far more than just "silly".  

And that is your "mistake";  rejecting what Jesus said about eternal security.

It seems simple to me.  Either, such people just can't comprehend eternal security, or they don't like like it and reject it.  And all without any evidence to support their ideas.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

20 hours ago, Robtay7123 said:

So there are many things that aren't in the Bible. If you are going to use that logic, then you can't drive a car or use a phone or celebrate any holiday except Jewish ones because all those things aren't in the Bible. If you can show me where it says Easter and Christmas are sinful, I'll gladly stop celebrating them. But you can't use absence of someone as evidence of condemnation. That's twisting scripture. 

Nevertheless, in judgment each one of us will give account for our own salvation. Therefore, we must not let anyone lead us down the wrong path, but should verify all of our teaching with the holy bible. YOUR SALVATION IS AT STAKE! "...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling" (Philippians 2:12). 

20 hours ago, Robtay7123 said:

So your saying that it's not possible for someone to be saved without reading the Bible? Then how do people without a Bible get saved?

It's very possible for children or babies, but Paul says in (Rom. 7:7,12) (v.7) What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, THOU SHALT NOT COVET. 

Paul asked a question, is the law sin? He said God forbid, he said the only way that he knew what sin was, was by the law. 

(v.12) Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good. Why in the world would a Christian want to do away with something that God said is holy. 

Paul says in (Rom. 4:15) Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression. If there is no law there is no sin. 

1My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: 2and he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for our's only, but also for the sins of the whole world. (1John 2: 1,2)

Paul concerning the unchangeable Royal Law of God. (Rom. 13:7-10) (v.7) Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour. (v.8) Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. That’s the biblical definition of love, the keeping of God’s law. (v.9) For this, THOU SHALT NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, THOU SHALT NOT KILL, THOU SHALT NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS, THOU SHALT NOT COVET; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, THOU SHALT LOVE THY NEIGHBOUR AS THYSELF. (v.10) Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law. 

And that is what God’s holy commandments are all about; the first four tells you how to love God and the last six tells you how to love your neighbor. If you love your God you will not do any thing to offend him, like having other gods before him. You will do as he says like remember the sabbath day to keep it holy on the seventh day of the week. If you love him you will obey him when he tells you not to eat certain meats etc… And the same goes for your fellow man, if you love your neighbor you wouldn’t steal from him, you wouldn’t kill him, you wouldn’t try and sleep with his wife and so on and so forth. (See exodus 20: 1-17) 

This is God’s definition of love and it is perfect in its ways. The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: The testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple. The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: The commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes. 9 The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: The judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether. More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: Sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb. Moreover by them is thy servant warned: And in keeping of them there is great reward. (Psalm 19: 7-11)

14 hours ago, Bro.Tan said:

Paul concerning the unchangeable Royal Law of God. (Rom. 13:7-10) (v.7) Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour. (v.8) Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. That’s the biblical definition of love, the keeping of God’s law. (v.9) For this, THOU SHALT NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, THOU SHALT NOT KILL, THOU SHALT NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS, THOU SHALT NOT COVET; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, THOU SHALT LOVE THY NEIGHBOUR AS THYSELF. (v.10) Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law. 

And that is what God’s holy commandments are all about; the first four tells you how to love God and the last six tells you how to love your neighbor. If you love your God you will not do any thing to offend him, like having other gods before him. You will do as he says like remember the sabbath day to keep it holy on the seventh day of the week. If you love him you will obey him when he tells you not to eat certain meats etc… And the same goes for your fellow man, if you love your neighbor you wouldn’t steal from him, you wouldn’t kill him, you wouldn’t try and sleep with his wife and so on and so forth. (See exodus 20: 1-17) 

This is God’s definition of love and it is perfect in its ways. The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: The testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple. The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: The commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes. 9 The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: The judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether. More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: Sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb. Moreover by them is thy servant warned: And in keeping of them there is great reward. (Psalm 19: 7-11)

The ONLY WAY that "salvation is in your hands", the title of this thread, is WHEN a person places their full trust in the finished work of Jesus Christ on the cross on their behalf.  At that point, Jesus gives them ETERNAL LIFE and they SHALL NEVER PERISH, per John 10:28, and further, the believer is in God's HANDS, in which no one, meaning NO PERSON, which includes even the believer themself, can snatch away.

John 10:28 - I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.

Salvation is by faith, and is permanent.  Any thing and every thing ELSE anyone says is simply FALSE DOCTRINE.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

Matthew 24:13 - we have to be steadfast dealing with difficulties. Thus we have to endure to be save and verse 14 speaks about  good news of the kingdom. What is this Good news of the kingdom?

46 minutes ago, Know Jah said:

Matthew 24:13 - we have to be steadfast dealing with difficulties. Thus we have to endure to be save and verse 14 speaks about  good news of the kingdom. What is this Good news of the kingdom?

First, what is the context of Matt 24?  The Destruction of the Temple and Signs of the End Times.

v.3 - As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. “Tell us,” they said, “when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?”

v.6 - You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come.  v.13 - but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.

So we know from the context, that "the end" in v.13 refers to the END of the Tribulation.  

Second, the "good news (gospel) of the kingdom" refers to the salvation promise of eternal life for those who have put their trust in the finished work of Christ on the cross for them.

Listen very carefully to what the Master is saying here. 

Mark 8: 34 And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. 35 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it. 36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? 37  Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? 38 Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels. 

Look at verse 35 in Mark, For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it. What life are you losing? That sinful life. If you pick up his cross and bare it, you put off that old man and put on the new. Verse 36, For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Remember you cannot take anything with you into the next life. What shall you give in exchange for eternal life in the GOD family? Look what JESUS says here. Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels. So when you are being persecuted for the Word's sake, and you are ashamed instead of standing your ground, HE will be ashamed to mention you when he returns. Do you know what that means? You will hit the Lake Of Fire.