IGNORED

Occult Author Anne Rice: Born Again!

Ovedya

A LITTLE CYNICAL? YEAH, THE APOSTLE PAUL HAD THE SAME PROBLEM AT FIRST.

WHO HAS THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH? THOSE WHO PROCLAIM WITH THEIR MOUTHAND BELIEVE IN THEIR HEARTS THAT JESUS CHRIST IS LORD.

HEY ALL... DO YOU THINK ITS EASY TO SAY THE WORDS: JESUS IS MY LORD AND SAVIOUR? ANYONE WHO CAN SAY IT NEEDS TO BE ACCEPTED UNTIL THEY PROVE THEMSELVES FALSE.

I SAY.. PRAISE GOD... ANOTHER ONE SAVED UNDER THE BLOOD OF JESUS.

REMEMBER THE SON OF SAM? HE ALSO CAME TO RECEIVE THE LORD JESUS. FOR HE CAME NOT FOR THE HEALTHY BUT THOSE IN NEED OF A DOCTOR.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

A LITTLE CYNICAL? YEAH, THE APOSTLE PAUL HAD THE SAME PROBLEM AT FIRST.

WHO HAS THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH? THOSE WHO PROCLAIM WITH THEIR MOUTHAND BELIEVE IN THEIR HEARTS THAT JESUS CHRIST IS LORD.

HEY ALL... DO YOU THINK ITS EASY TO SAY THE WORDS: JESUS IS MY LORD AND SAVIOUR? ANYONE WHO CAN SAY IT NEEDS TO BE ACCEPTED UNTIL THEY PROVE THEMSELVES FALSE.

I SAY.. PRAISE GOD... ANOTHER ONE SAVED UNDER THE BLOOD OF JESUS.

REMEMBER THE SON OF SAM? HE ALSO CAME TO RECEIVE THE LORD JESUS. FOR HE CAME NOT FOR THE HEALTHY BUT THOSE IN NEED OF A DOCTOR.

Caps lock off, please. :noidea:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  613
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  04/02/1959

I have never heard of the lady, but lets say the "Proof will be in the Puddin.............. :noidea:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ellisjm

I'm with Jar61, give the lady a chance.

I spent plenty of time in jail for things that I did. I have sins that I got away with when it comes to the courts ... but Jesus removed those stains on my life and I was born again. If Christ can save me, then surely he can save her.

I must also agree with some about the Catholic twist ... Although I do believe that there are Catholics who are saved and going to heaven for their belief in Jesus Christ as the son of a virgin, dead and resurrected, I do not trust the Catholic system.

Now the book itself, I have just finished reading the 2nd chapter. There is a fine line between fiction and non-fiction. If she is going to add certain things into the life of Christ she must be very careful for Jesus himself said that those who add to are take away from the word of God are in danger of hell's fire.

I trust she is trying to bring Jesus to the world in a way that hasnt been done and that her heart is in the right place, but that will not be an excuse before the Almighty if she isnt carefull with what she writes.

None of what I have read is in the scriptures, but so far nothing has made me say ... blasphemy (although I am confused on the part where Eleazer is killed and then risen from the dead. From a story telling point of view it makes interesting reading, but if ppl take it to be literal ... then is Mrs Rice saying that Christ killed someone? I wouldnt want to be under that kind of pressure before standing before God.

I am not worried for my soul in reading this book. I know the truth, I read it all the time in God's living Word. So if the book takes a twist that is blasphemious(sp?) then trust me when I say ... I will not lose faith and become a "new" type of Christain. I will simply put down the book and forget I ever started it.

Edited by ellisjm

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

I looked at her website and the description of her book.

She relies on false things to portray Jesus. For example, one part has Him doing a miracle when he is a youth, a miracle touted in islamic beliefs.

Attacked by a vicious bully, seven-year-old Yeshua employs uncanny powers to drop his assailant onto the sand and then to bring him back to life.

Does this sound like our Lord?

A cross between a historial novel and an update of Tolstoy's The Gospel in Brief, it presents Jesus as nature mystic, healer, prophet and very much a real young boy. Essentially, it's a mystery story, of the child grappling to understand his miraculous gifts and numinous birth.

No mention of the Son of God here. No mention of Him being Lord.

In my opinion, this book will do as much damage as the Da Vinci Code did. Fictional it may be, unfortunately this is how some people will view Him.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/25/1962

Well, it is good that she has chosen to place her faith where it a should be placed.

As for fictionalized accounts of things that happened in the life of Messiah ~2000 ago and as far as anyone knows weren't recorded at all....leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Yup I agree with you here. There should be something to back up her book, otherwise conjector.

• 3 years later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  692
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  03/02/1946

I for one will give her a chance but something just nags at me when Ann Rice needs to "make-up" something about the Lord to write a book.

Isn't He wonderful enough without 'faking" things? :horse:

God knows her heart, and I pray that her conversion is real.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  700
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  12/11/1977

I see alot of her new Christ centered novels in my library. Something about them gives me a bad feeling so I won't read them. Could be that I am associating her vampire novels with these, I don't know :group-hug: but I certainly hope she has indeed trusted Jesus Christ of the Bible as her savior.