IGNORED

What makes an atheist so confident in his knowledge and why they are so passionate in shattering someone's faith in GOD

Tony17

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

We know atheists don't believe in god and the bible clearly tells us not to argue with a fool, but today I decided to look online for the reasons why they don't believe in GOD. 

1)There is no rock-solid evidence.

Ironically, there is enough evidence to prove that god is real from the big bang to recorded miracles. However, the term 'rock solid' I don't think is the correct way to see it because science is still limited and we cannot know everything. A good example is the human body, which has been studied for decades and yet we don't fully understand it. So I can say that science doesn't prove everything. We can also demonstrate the existence of god with paranormal events. Videos like this one 

show that evil spirits do exist. Then if evil spirits, someone good and loving also must exist, because if such beings didn't exist the earth would have become chaos. 

2)There is suffering.

Because GOD is loving he will allow us to choose the good or bad(sin which leads to suffering). 

3)We don't need him

I am pretty sure we do just by looking around at the state of the world.

These are my arguments what do you think?

Edited by Tony17

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,027
  • Content Per Day:  4.69

Obviously they belong to the devil, they are listening to the devil, and the devil is feeding them thoughts and ideas to not only be in opposition to the Gospel and to Christians but to also try and talk Christians out of their faith.

There's no mystery here.  All one need to know is what the lord says about the devil... applies to those that follow him as well.  Very simple what's going on with these atheists

Edited by Stan Murff

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  873
  • Content Per Day:  0.46

Well, if someone is a child of Satan, that person is capable of lying to me. So, if he or she claims to be an "atheist" . . . for all I know, the person is lying! And if the person acts like he or she is looking for "evidence", that could be a lie, too.

So, I don't assume some Internet thing speaks for any and all atheists. I pray for God to have me know what is really going on with each person. And give each one what God can use to bless that person. God can guide us to do what He knows can help each one.

"'So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth;

It shall not return to Me void,

But it shall accomplish what I please,

And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.'"

(Isaiah 55:11)

Liers can tell you what they want you to think and to assume about them. So, if someone puts stuff on the Net, don't assume.

Trust God to guide you with each person, according to what He knows can help each one. And pray with hope for each one > 1 Timothy 2:1-4. And God uses example :)

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  873
  • Content Per Day:  0.46

"What makes an atheist so confident in his knowledge . . . ?"

You have been sure of things that have been proven wrong . . . right? Why were you so confident?

Any of us can trick our own selves into assuming untrue things. For just one example . . . ones of us frequently assume the weather report is true! And even after so many times we keep believing the weather report. And ones keep assuming politicians mean things they say, and that they are capable of doing things they do not have the character and connections to do!!

What we wish for can make us easy to fool. For example, if we wish for people to do what they can't, we then can believe what they promise. And look at how a number of marriages have turned out, because people have not made sure with God.

Note how we in these forums can have people acting so sure of ideas that contradict each other. How is it that someone can be wrong but feel so sure?

Character can have something to do with it . . . affecting what someone is wishing and therefore capable of believing.

And there is "the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience," we have in Ephesians 2:2.

Satan's spirit of evil can work people to assume lies. A person's character can make a person available to how Satan works the person . . . to want, to think, to feel, to react so wrong while feeling so sure and entitled, because of pride.

At every moment, then, we need to be submissive to God so He is guiding us according to all He knows is true. But He won't only help us get what we want. So, if we control ourselves to get what we want . . . depending on ourselves and our own wills free from God . . . yes we will fool ourselves.

"Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you." (James 4:7)

"for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure." (Philippians 2:13)

Depend, then, on how God works your willing, at each moment. He knows what can really help each one who claims to be an atheist, plus He knows what really is evidence, versus stuff that is meant to put you on a wild goose chase . . . chasing after what is not real evidence and what an atheist might not really care about, anyway.

My impression is that even well-educated creationist scientists and other apologists do not agree with one another on a number of things. And I am certainly no expert on their stuff; so why should I assume who is right and who isn't? God can guide us, at each moment, personally, according to all He knows.

And only God can change us into how He knows Jesus really is > this is what matters.

There is lot of stuff meant to keep our attention elsewhere. So, make sure God is the One guiding your attenti:)n.

Edited by com7fy8
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.96
  • Days Won:  21

To answer the op.

The ones on the lowest rung seem to want anyone higher to join them.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  957
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,619
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

"What makes an atheist so confident in his knowledge and why they are so passionate in shattering someone's faith in GOD"

I think the premise is errant  to begin with. Least I was never interested in shattering anyone's faith in anything.

If there is an arrogance of thinking one is on a higher rung I would from experiences  of my life attribute that arrogance to those that advocate their religion's individual brand over all others.

God had to get me away from Christians selling their brand's superiority over others in order to  be able to get  my attention. Then He went to work on me. It was quick work for Him as I was then enabled to see  Yehua without the fog of disdain and conceit  that Christians had been projecting as their outreach. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,088
  • Content Per Day:  9.73
  • Days Won:  149

Any subject can be debated. Just go almost anywhere online and two people are having a difference of opinion on something, for instance people get all wound up about Mac/PC, I ran into this in places where creatives were debating what tools to use. Not just the type of computer but the software. If a brother posits a position and then another brother comes in, if it can be assumed everyone here is a 'brother, and questions it.

Some of this is healthy because it causes us to rethink our position. At some point though we have plain truth laid out for us because the bible isn't some book noone can figure out and everyone guesses at, but unfortunately this is the impression many atheists get when coming to Christian websites. We can't seem to figure our own stuff out, so why should they get involved? 

I think one of the most dangerous things we can do is to predict why we think a person believes the way they believe and then pass judgement on them for that belief. This bypasses investigation and interest in that person, and hard as I try, I still manage to do stupid stuff when talking to them because I sometimes hyper focus on one thing, like pictures, and then take it too far, and sometimes I'm just too open which is also a turn off. Zoned in thinking on one subject can be both a blessing and a curse.

Even on a good day, we are told we will face various trials and this often includes rejection and belittling.

As long as they are above the grass and talking there is still hope. They are human beings just like us and should be always treated accordingly no matter what they believe, and as Christians this should come naturally and not have to be worked at. The motive for me behind all of this is love for them.

One of our mods here who was a cheif runner of the boards and one of the best bible teachers we had, who has since passed, may God bless his soul, was once a staunch atheist...just goes to show what can happen.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.82
  • Days Won:  1

Ask an atheist how to prove there is no God and he will reveal that he is operating off of belief rather than knowledge, this is faith the same as you or I have in Christ so they should be looked upon, and approached with the word, the same as members of any other religious belief would be.

Agnostics, those who don't just know and don't believe because or disbelieve of it, are a different matter and need a different approach entirely.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  413
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

2 hours ago, FJK said:

Agnostics, those who don't just know and don't believe because or disbelieve of it, are a different matter and need a different approach entirely.

Could you expand on this?

Thank you

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.82
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, BibleStudent100 said:

Could you expand on this?

An agnostic doesn't believe one way or the other, basically just being of an "I just don't know" nature.  An agnostic doesn't have faith in his belief since he doesn't have belief to start with and is therefore open to considering one honestly instead of defending a false one he already has.

The agnostic can be approached by being given something to believe in and a reason to do so since he has no belief to first overcome whereas an atheist has to first be given a reason, convinced, to abandon his atheist belief that a God does not exist before he can accept a new one that God does and Christianity is how you form a true bond with him.

Just the way I see it, others may see it differently.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1