• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.47
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, other one said:

That's kind of going overboard a bit.   I haven't read anywhere on this board where we are to worship anything but the Godhead, much less any government.   But we should give them the honor for being Yahweh's own tribe in things.  Though they were the enemy of born again Christians, we still should give them the honor they deserve.   They maintained the written word of God throughout history and the linage of the Lord.   If no other reasons we should give them the honor they deserve.

They do need the same salvation that we gentiles need to spend eternity with the Lord so we should expose them to the gospel as we would anyone.

God did say he would bless those that blessed them and curse those who would curse them so there is that to consider also.

So you acknowledge that to he Israeli goverment is the light of the gentiles in the text?It says princes shall worship.

3 And said unto me, Thou art my servant, O Israel, in whom I will be glorified.

Then I said, I have laboured in vain, I have spent my strength for nought, and in vain: yet surely my judgment is with the Lord, and my work with my God.

And now, saith the Lord that formed me from the womb to be his servant, to bring Jacob again to him, Though Israel be not gathered, yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the Lord, and my God shall be my strength.

And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

Thus saith the Lord, the Redeemer of Israel, and his Holy One, to him whom man despiseth, to him whom the nation abhorreth, to a servant of rulers, Kings shall see and arise, princes also shall worship, because of the Lord that is faithful, and the Holy One of Israel, and he shall choose thee.

1 hour ago, AdHoc said:

Just as God needed Israel with a Temple for Christ's first Coming, He needs Israel and a Temple for Christ's Second Coming. It is not that God needs a House (for the next Temple does not regard the finished work of Christ and is built by Jews), but at Jesus trial they called for a Gentile king. Now, after 2,000 of hearing the gospel, they stand before a decision - God, or a Gentile king. The question is, will Israel choose "Emmanuel" or "the Beast". Israel's choice will occupy the Holy of Holies of the new Temple. For this all, Israel had to be in existence. The prophets foretold that Israel would return in unbelief. They have no Temple. They have no Priesthood. the Law cannot be practiced without a Temple and the government is illegal.

But God needs Israel for future things and He is wont to to use other nations to achieve His ends. Our God is sovereign and the Master of circumstances. Things are not perfect. But things are running to plan.

So you believe the Israeli government is the light of the gentiles and we should follow the light?

And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

6 minutes ago, tim_from_pa said:

Yes, that's the nation of Israel who became the Lord's betrothed for the purpose of God's Kingdom and to be a light onto all nations. This was and is the way to usher in God's Kingdom saving all from the fallen world. That will be fully realized in the Millennium.  They reside in the isles. In the meantime, some were blinded as Scripture also says in Isaiah 42:  Who is blind but my servant? or deaf as my messenger I sent?   we know who that is not as Jesus Christ is not blind or deaf.  However, the personification of the Servant, and the perfect one at that, was Jesus Christ in the same chapter that said A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth judgment unto truth. (c.f. Matthew 12:20)

The apostle Paul stated that Israel will be blinded in part (partial blindness) until the full number of Gentiles comes in, i.e. the fulfillment of Genesis 48:19 i.e. Israel becoming a multitude of nations before the time of the end. These same would recognize their Abrahamic origin and become a light to the nations.  Note they became purveyors of the gospel and many Bible societies so that the Word of the Lord went to remotest parts.

According to the scripture I'm quoting.Israel is the light of the gentiles.

Israel was formed in the womb ,and his mouth is like a sharp sword.

Since the government of Israel claims to be Israel.,wouldn't that make their mouth the sharp sword,?

Who is this who mouth is a shard sword?This person called Israel?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  447
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Shilohsfoal said:

According to the scripture I'm quoting.Israel is the light of the gentiles.

Israel was formed in the womb ,and his mouth is like a sharp sword.

Since the government of Israel claims to be Israel.,wouldn't that make their mouth the sharp sword,?

Who is this who mouth is a shard sword?This person called Israel?

I'm not sure what you are driving at since I answered who was Israel.  As for a sharp sword, that is the Word of God (Ephesians 6:17, Hebrews 4:12, Revelation 19:15). In the present day politics, the middle eastern country may claim to be Israel, but they are mostly from Judah. So one can't make the statement just because they claim to be Israel that they are the sharp sword.  They are part of Israel, and like anyone from Israel, a believer or Jesus Christ Himself can lay claim to the promise that what they speak is the sword of the Spirit (the Word), but it must be spiritual, not fleshy.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

4 hours ago, Shilohsfoal said:

So you acknowledge that to he Israeli goverment is the light of the gentiles in the text?It says princes shall worship.

worship who, or what?

I'm speaking on behalf of the Israeli people, not the government.  Just like I don't want to be blamed for what my government is doing today.

42 minutes ago, other one said:

worship who, or what?

I'm speaking on behalf of the Israeli people, not the government.  Just like I don't want to be blamed for what my government is doing today.

It's the government that claims to be Israel.In 1948,a group of people voted what to call themselves. As some voted Judah,but the majority voted on the name Israel.

The people who voted became members of the government called "Israel".

If they had voted to call themselves Judah,then we wouldn't be having this discussion about whom God formed in the womb .

And now, saith the Lord that formed me from the womb to be his servant, to bring Jacob again to him, Though Israel be not gathered, yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the Lord, and my God shall be my strength.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Pffft

14 hours ago, Shilohsfoal said:

49 Listen, O isles, unto me; and hearken, ye people, from far; The Lord hath called me from the womb; from the bowels of my mother hath he made mention of my name.

And he hath made my mouth like a sharp sword; in the shadow of his hand hath he hid me, and made me a polished shaft; in his quiver hath he hid me;

3 And said unto me, Thou art my servant, O Israel, in whom I will be glorified.

Then I said, I have laboured in vain, I have spent my strength for nought, and in vain: yet surely my judgment is with the Lord, and my work with my God.

And now, saith the Lord that formed me from the womb to be his servant, to bring Jacob again to him, Though Israel be not gathered, yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the Lord, and my God shall be my strength.

And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

Thus saith the Lord, the Redeemer of Israel, and his Holy One, to him whom man despiseth, to him whom the nation abhorreth, to a servant of rulers, Kings shall see and arise, princes also shall worship, because of the Lord that is faithful, and the Holy One of Israel, and he shall choose thee.

Strange that no one seems to understand this is speaking of one person .Just one person .

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  222
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

On 9/6/2023 at 9:23 AM, Shilohsfoal said:

But Ive been assured by some on this board that Israel in the middle east is not of man but is of God.Some even claim that Israel in the middle east rose up out of their graves to injabit that land.They say Israel rose up out of their graves in 1948.

Wouldn't that prove they are the light of the world?

It would sure seem that way .

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  222
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

On 9/6/2023 at 9:53 AM, AdHoc said:

Just as God needed Israel with a Temple for Christ's first Coming, He needs Israel and a Temple for Christ's Second Coming. It is not that God needs a House (for the next Temple does not regard the finished work of Christ and is built by Jews), but at Jesus trial they called for a Gentile king. Now, after 2,000 of hearing the gospel, they stand before a decision - God, or a Gentile king. The question is, will Israel choose "Emmanuel" or "the Beast". Israel's choice will occupy the Holy of Holies of the new Temple. For this all, Israel had to be in existence. The prophets foretold that Israel would return in unbelief. They have no Temple. They have no Priesthood. the Law cannot be practiced without a Temple and the government is illegal.

But God needs Israel for future things and He is wont to to use other nations to achieve His ends. Our God is sovereign and the Master of circumstances. Things are not perfect. But things are running to plan.

Just as Jesus declared the temple made with human hand as a will desolate when he walked out for the last time.(the abomination of desolation Kings in Israel )

Luke 13:35 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate: and verily I say unto you, Ye shall not see me, until the time come when ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

Right before the last day under the Sun  satan will be loosed to again try and deceive the whole word God is the Jewish King of kings .The 1 st century reformation came .The veil was rent .there was no King of Kings Lord of lords  sitting in the holy of holies 

God is not a man . Its appointed for all of mankind to die once. One judgement for mankind . No double jeopardy .