IGNORED

12 Reasons I Know that I am Eternally Secure (I am a Child of God)!

Vine Abider

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  271
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, Stan Murff said:

All true... UNLESS you start doing sinful things!.... Then, not so much.

That's right ... God's promise of salvation is conditional ... which should be obvious from reading the following verses:

"Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God?  Do not be deceived; neither the immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor robbers will inherit the kingdom of God.   And such were some of you."  (1Cor 9-11)

"Now the works of the flesh are plain: immorality, impurity, licentiousness, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, anger, selfishness, dissension, party spirit, envy, drunkenness, carousing, and the like. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God".   (Gal 5:19-21)

"As obedient children, do not be conformed to the passions of your former ignorance, but as he who called you is holy, be holy yourselves in all your conduct; since it is written, “You shall be holy, for I am holy.”  And if you invoke as Father him who judges each one impartially according to his deeds, conduct yourselves with fear throughout the time of your exile." (1Peter 1:14-17)

"Strive ... for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord."  (Heb 12:14)

Furthermore, James 2:24 says a man is justified (saved) by faith and works ... works being another way of saying, obedience.

Edited by Buzzard3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  202
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,472
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

On 9/23/2023 at 7:58 AM, Buzzard3 said:

That's true, but the love of God doesn't make you immune from the justice of God, who will judge your sins, which can prevent you from reaching Heaven and thus be eternally separated from God ... as the following Scriptures point out:

"Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither the immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor robbers will inherit the kingdom of God.   And such were some of you." (1Cor 9-11)

"Now the works of the flesh are plain: immorality, impurity, licentiousness, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, anger, selfishness, dissension, party spirit, envy, drunkenness, carousing, and the like. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God".   (Gal 5:19-21)

"As obedient children, do not be conformed to the passions of your former ignorancebut as he who called you is holy, be holy yourselves in all your conductsince it is written, “You shall be holy, for I am holy.”  And if you invoke as Father him who judges each one impartially according to his deeds, conduct yourselves with fear throughout the time of your exile."  (1Peter 1:14-17)

"Strive for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord."  (Heb 12:14)

I don't remember if this post was replied to, but two of those verses deal with not receiving a kingdom reward, which is not the same as eternal salvation.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,558
  • Content Per Day:  12.21
  • Days Won:  31

On 9/16/2023 at 10:51 PM, Tristen said:

'Once saved, always saved' is interesting as a matter of doctrine. But regardless, we each need to be assured that we are in the 'Now saved' category; working out our own salvation before God (Philippians 2:12).

2 Corinthians 13:5
Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you are disqualified.

@Tristen Another good verse from Philippians: 1.6: "He that hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ".

• Thanks 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,558
  • Content Per Day:  12.21
  • Days Won:  31

@Sower Thanks for the 'like' just now; it's very searching verse.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  271
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

I don't remember if this post was replied to, but two of those verses deal with not receiving a kingdom reward, which is not the same as eternal salvation.

Inheriting the kingdom of God is another way of saying "eternal salvation".  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  202
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,472
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

8 minutes ago, Buzzard3 said:

Inheriting the kingdom of God is another way of saying "eternal salvation".  

That would explain why you equate those verses with possibly loosing one's eternal salvation. A large percentage of Christians, including myself, see the kingdom reign as being 1,000 years, as discussed in Revelation 20:1-6.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,027
  • Content Per Day:  4.56
  • Days Won:  0

God's Word tells us what His Kingdom is....

Romans 14:17
For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

There only 2 kingdoms we can live under and be in agreement with.

The Kingdom of the Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 14:17) which is living under His Domain, in agreement with Him, being led by the Holy Ghost Who can to lead us into ALL Truth and God's Word is that Truth

OR, one is living under the kingdom of the god of this world which is living under satan's domain, in agreement with him, being led by the flesh which is low riding on the highway to hell.

To live under someone's kingdom is to live under their influence so Christians living in sin can say they are in God's Kingdom... but they aren't.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,000
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

5 minutes ago, Stan Murff said:

God's Word tells us what His Kingdom is....

Romans 14:17
For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

There only 2 kingdoms we can live under and be in agreement with.

The Kingdom of the Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 14:17) which is living under His Domain, in agreement with Him, being led by the Holy Ghost Who can to lead us into ALL Truth and God's Word is that Truth

OR, one is living under the kingdom of the god of this world which is living under satan's domain, in agreement with him, being led by the flesh which is low riding on the highway to hell.

To live under someone's kingdom is to live under their influence so Christians living in sin can say they are in God's Kingdom... but they aren't.

I miss my days leading services and calling for testimonies from the congregation. Some testimonies were from returning Christians who had backslidden for a season, and been led back to repentance by the Holy Spirit, following input and ministry from the body of Christ at large.

Rom 2:4  Or do you despise the riches of His kindness, and the forbearance and long-suffering, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance?

One lady in the congregation had a brother who had been a member of the notorious Mongrel Mob. We spent a whole service on his testimony of conversion and his ministry to gangs.

Rom 2:4  Or do you despise the riches of His kindness, and the forbearance and long-suffering, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance?
MongelMob.jpg.3bc6861351b20c59abbe77ed53ea489d.jpg

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,090
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

On 9/23/2023 at 4:26 PM, Vine Abider said:

Too far and not true.   This is missing a very clear concept of progressive salvation in the New Testament - we have been saved; we are being saved; and we will be saved.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God —  not by works, so that no one can boast."  Ephesians 2:8-9

read verse 10

I am  very physcally sick today

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,090
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

skipped to here, not keeping up

I am  very physcally sick today