IGNORED

12 Reasons I Know that I am Eternally Secure (I am a Child of God)!

Vine Abider

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,267
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, farouk said:

@Tristen Another good verse from Philippians: 1.6: "He that hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ".

Reminds me of another favorite;  2 Timothy 1:12

"For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day"

Not us, but Christ in us. Truth. We can not. He can!

Thanks farouk....

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,027
  • Content Per Day:  4.56
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Michael37 said:

Rom 2:4  Or do you despise the riches of His kindness, and the forbearance and long-suffering, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance?

When sharing scriptures concerning leading us to repentance... why not share the other one the NT has on this?

2 Corinthians 7:10
For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of

Many today having been erroneously taught they can never lose their salvation are not sorry for their sin because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold (Matthew 24:12).  Those that are not sorry for the sin they have done are very likely going to return to their sin just like a dog eating his own vomit (2 Peter 2:22, Proverbs 26:11)

1 John 5:3
For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Proverbs 16:6
by the fear of the LORD men depart from evil.

Few Christians today have the fear of the Lord which is what causes people to turn away from evil, so these are some of the major reasons why some many claiming to be Christians have no problem living in sin

Today's modern "gospel" is the security in sin "gospel" where one can live in sin and still be secure in Jesus... which is what so many are proud to proclaim that they sin in word and deed everyday!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  184
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

11 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

I don't remember if this post was replied to, but two of those verses deal with not receiving a kingdom reward, which is not the same as eternal salvation.

can you please explain to me what you mean here

thanks

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.62

12 minutes ago, Stan Murff said:

When sharing scriptures concerning leading us to repentance... why not share the other one the NT has on this?

2 Corinthians 7:10
For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of

Many today having been erroneously taught they can never lose their salvation are not sorry for their sin because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold (Matthew 24:12).  Those that are not sorry for the sin they have done are very likely going to return to their sin just like a dog eating his own vomit (2 Peter 2:22, Proverbs 26:11)

1 John 5:3
For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Proverbs 16:6
by the fear of the LORD men depart from evil.

Few Christians today have the fear of the Lord which is what causes people to turn away from evil, so these are some of the major reasons why some many claiming to be Christians have no problem living in sin

Today's modern "gospel" is the security in sin "gospel" where one can live in sin and still be secure in Jesus... which is what so many are proud to proclaim that they sin in word and deed everyday!

Finding Scripture that says we can perish is like shooting fish in a barrel. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.62

14 minutes ago, Stan Murff said:

I remember the exact moment I knew something horrible was taking place in at least one of the 'churches'.  I was speaking with a soul claiming they had been 'saved', all their sins forgiven, just doing their thing now and waiting for the PRE TRIB RAP...

when somewhere near the beginning of the conversation I said something about the Lamb of God.   Who or what is that?? is what I got back....   

That is what OSAS PRODUCES.  Surely, we ALL know in our hearts and minds the sinful flesh jumps on the OSAS train, LIKE A DUCK takes to water.   No study or ANYTHING thing else NEEDED, good to go

PROVING, just like it is written, WHAT a doctrine that promises life does...

22Because with lies ye have made the heart of the righteous sad, whom I have not made sad;

and strengthened the hands of the wicked,

that he should not return from his wicked way,

by promising him life:

29 minutes ago, Jaydub said:

can you please explain to me what you mean here

He's gonna tell you there is a "third option" which is when those claiming to be Christians continue in sin and die in that condition, they go to "sinner's prison" which is supposed to be some place in Heaven called outer darkness where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth

Even got questions.org (not a recommended site) that is very much pro OSAS does not accept this purgatory like place where some on the OSAS camp claim "christian sinners" will be sent to be punished and chastised before being allowed in to Heaven.

Here's what their article says:

In the Parable of the Wedding Feast, Jesus tells of a “wedding crasher” of sorts: a man in the wedding hall was discovered to have entered the feast without authorization. Jesus says that the king, the master of the feast, issued a dire command concerning the interloper: “Bind him hand and foot and cast him into the outer darkness” (ESV).

Jesus uses the term “outer darkness” in the parable to describe a condition of great sorrow, loss and woe. It stands in vivid contrast to the brightly lit and joyous celebration attended by those who accepted the king’s invitation. Interpreting the wedding feast as heaven, the “outer darkness” must be the place of eternal punishment. Most Bible scholars agree that the phrase “outer darkness” refers to hell or, more properly, the lake of fire (Matthew 8:12; 13:42; 13:50; and 25:30,41).

The outer darkness of Jesus’ parable is called “blackest darkness” in Jude 1:13. Again, a place of judgment is the obvious meaning, since it is reserved for “godless men” (verse 4).

Perhaps the place of judgment is pictured as “dark” because of the absence of God’s cheering presence. “When you hide your face, they are terrified” (Psalm 104:29). God is called “light” in 1 John 1:5, and if He withdraws His blessing, only darkness is left. Throughout the Scriptures light symbolizes God’s purity, holiness, and glory. Darkness is used as a symbol of moral depravity (Psalm 82:5; Proverbs 2:13; Romans 3:12). Darkness can also refer to trouble and affliction (Job 5:12; Proverbs 20:20; Isaiah 9:2) and to death and nothingness (1 Samuel 2:9; Ecclesiastes 11:8; Job 3:4-6).

The outer darkness of judgment is accompanied by “weeping and gnashing of teeth.” The “weeping” describes an inner pain of the heart, mind, and soul. The word in the original denotes a bewailing or lamentation by beating the breast in an expression of immense sorrow. The “gnashing of teeth” describes an outward pain of the body. Taken together, the weeping and gnashing of teeth says hell is a place of indescribable spiritual agony and unending physical pain (see Luke 16:23-28). The outer darkness is a place of anguish, heartache, grief, and unspeakable suffering. Such will be the lot of all who reject Christ (John 3:18, 36).

Christ is the Light of the World (John 8:12). When one rejects the Light, he will be cast into eternal darkness. Just like the man in the parable, the one who rejects Christ will lose his chance for joy, blessing and fellowship and will be left with nothing but darkness and eternal regret.

26 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

Finding Scripture that says we can perish is like shooting fish in a barrel. 

Yep, it's a theme found all through out scripture...

13 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

That is what OSAS PRODUCES.  Surely, we ALL know in our hearts and minds the sinful flesh jumps on the OSAS train, LIKE A DUCK takes to water.   No study or ANYTHING thing else NEEDED, good to go

Actually DeighAnn, I do not know of anyone, anyone,  who is a believer that thinks like you said, (like a duck to water :() or others here on the non stop osas bashing club has  said. You really have no idea what goes on in my mind and heart, what I and the other 99.99% of members believe, here on this forum and elsewhere. We all do not fit into your (and others) assumed understanding of osas. You shouldn't group everyone based on what few people you know compared to the millions of believers, or watch the televangelist mentalities.

Because you believe you can lose your adoption gift from God  you can not grasp what I believe and know, because you haven't accepted God's grace and mercy to hold on to you, to say nothing of his faithfulness to keep that which we have committed to him. God, my Abba father, and I are in this together. He adopted me, as a son, who will never leave me nor forsake me. His word makes that clear. That is a solid truth, scriptural, that I hold in great esteem, that you do not comprehend as the way you believe. The joy to know, he is always there, receiving glory when I praise him, and also when I fall, he picks me up and and cares for me, be it comfort or discipline/chastisement or instruction. Even if I tried  I wouldn't get away with continual sin because God has ways (remember the fear of the Lord?) to bring up a child, not man's ways, and his love is forever. Eternal.  I don't WANT to get away with sin. I believe this is something you understand, not desiring to sin, (as I have seen your replies in other threads), and the shame felt when you do sin. And you do sin like we all sin, as God/scripture has said. I also remember you said I worried too much over my sins. No one has ever told me that before.

I do not feel threatened by your beliefs, such as the possibility of becoming lost again. I have discussed this yrs before with others with your belief. I always ask, if you sin a sin(s), how many times does the bible say  you can sin before you lose your salvation? And if you do lose it, how do you know? But if you believe you may have lost it, what does the bible say to do to get re-saved? Or can we? Are we granted to do this more than once? What scriptures deal with this.

I look forward to the answers. If we can get re-saved, then it will be as good as being in the osas club. Call it the re-saved club :). So, do you know any that believe as you do that has lost their salvation, became lost, again, then re-saved. How does that work.  And does the bible address those who lose their salvation, as is that the end, just the one shot?

Thank you DeighAnn...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Sower said:

I always ask, if you sin a sin(s), how many times does the bible say  you can sin before you lose your salvation?

HERE is a major biblical truth the OSAS crowd always explains away, denies, or ignores which is simply this... God is NOT mocked, what we sow is what we reap - if we sow to the flesh we shall of the flesh reap corruption. (Gal 6:7,8)

To say this is not true is mocking God, and the Lord has a problem with that!

In Gal 6:8, the word corruption is...

G5356
fthora from G5351; decay, i.e. ruin -- corruption, destroy, perish.

G5351
strengthened from phthio (to pine or waste); properly, to shrivel or wither, i.e. to spoil or to ruin, by moral influences, to deprave): -- corrupt (self), defile, destroy.

And so... folks can do chimichanga word salads all they want to attempt to explain away Gal 6:7,8 but it won't work as this is the final nail in the coffin of the OSAS message.

that you do not comprehend as the way you believe.

That's false... those that accept the whole counsel of God are much closer to the Lord than those only believing a select few scriptures which one has to do in order to hold to the OSAS position.

We are sharing warnings the Lord has placed in His Word that OSAS folks explain away, deny, or ignore.

Loving the Lord mean accepting ALL that He says... not just the bits and pieces that are popular in these last days where so many believers are falling away... which God's Word tell us about!

Edited by Stan Murff

4 hours ago, Stan Murff said:

HERE is a major biblical truth the OSAS crowd always explains away, denies, or ignores which is simply this... God is NOT mocked, what we sow is what we reap - if we sow to the flesh we shall of the flesh reap corruption. (Gal 6:7,8)

To say this is not true is mocking God, and the Lord has a problem with that!

In Gal 6:8, the word corruption is...

G5356
fthora from G5351; decay, i.e. ruin -- corruption, destroy, perish.

G5351
strengthened from phthio (to pine or waste); properly, to shrivel or wither, i.e. to spoil or to ruin, by moral influences, to deprave): -- corrupt (self), defile, destroy.

And so... folks can do chimichanga word salads all they want to attempt to explain away Gal 6:7,8 but it won't work as this is the final nail in the coffin of the OSAS message.

That's false... those that accept the whole counsel of God are much closer to the Lord than those only believing a select few scriptures which one has to do in order to hold to the OSAS position.

We are sharing warnings the Lord has placed in His Word that OSAS folks explain away, deny, or ignore.

Loving the Lord mean accepting ALL that He says... not just the bits and pieces that are popular in these last days where so many believers are falling away... which God's Word tell us about!

So much twisting my words and never answering a direct question, is answering.

Try answering the question for a change instead preaching to an imaginary crowd.

Unless you can't. That's ok too, but just say so.
Have you ever lost your salvation? Y/N
Do you personally know anyone, true believer,  who has? Y/N
If you do, how did they know they lost it?
Can they get it back Y/N
If yes, How?

I can also toss you dozens of scriptures, but never answer a question. Many try that.
Why can you not answer a direct question.
Do you sin?
Do you lie?
Did you lie about your drinking in your first post in your  "Any thoughts on this"  thread you started, your first post?

"I don't get falling down drunk, just buzzed real good"

"The question I have is why is it wrong for Christians to drink alcohol at home and get what some would classify as getting drunk?  I've done this on weekends after working hard all week for years"  

Or was this just a way to set up your osas/drinking lectures? Y/N

And later lecture how drinking alcohol is sin, wine is not alcohol etc etc.

Would that be deception? Y/N
Sin? Y/N

Whats going on Stan??   You do know we love you (in Christ), right?  Y/N   :)

So does God.

Everyone of us also has been guilty of sins post salvation. (God says we do)

*I never said I never backslid.. I did, for several years and in that time I was not playing games with the Lord claiming I was still saved because I was not!
This is the issue, admit it and quit it!  Otherwise, you won't go to Heaven if you are still walking in sin.

So, you admit you believed you were no longer saved, because you "backslid".
Are you saying you got caught up in sin, continually for a period?  Y/N

Did you get re-saved? Y/N  

How?
Is that possible.  Y/N

What about Hebrews 6:4-9 ?

"For it is impossible to bring back to repentance those who were once enlightened—those who have experienced the good things of heaven and shared in the Holy Spirit, who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the power of the age to come— and who then turn away from God"

But you say you can come back, repented.
How is that possible when God says
"it is impossible to bring back to repentance those who were once enlightened"

Can you explain that?   Y/N

I had a good friend 40+ yrs ago down at the Gulf coast, a carpenter like me, who on the job never cussed or drank a beer, very easy going and very likable. He invited my wife and I to his tiny church once. Charismatic, lot of real genuine emotion. He was a true witness, a true ambassador for Christ. Months later I got a call. From him, asking could I post bond and get him out of jail.

Talking to him after getting him out, he explained he had met a girl. Things advanced rapidly. He told me he then fell from grace. I had never heard of that before. He started dating, drinking etc. He said he was then not saved any more so may as well enjoy himself and go all out. His words. He was so out of character it was hard to believe he was the same man. He believed he was lost. Soon I moved away and never heard from him again.

There is quite a difference in the way I believe God has ment for us to walk in the spirit as a eternal child of God, verses the walk of those who's  fear is of eternal damnation should they slip, (and they will, as you have testified your self) and not having the assurance of our Abba never leaving nor forsaking us. Remember king David, the man after God's own heart?  Did he repent and renew his faith, or did he ever lose his faith but fell, made a huge mistake, sin, and confessed big time (psalm 51 ) Never doubting his God's forgiveness. Trusting, believing, faith.

I stated in a thread up stream, I as a catholic, believed as you do. I lived in fear even when I was lost and didn't know it, as catholics do not believe you can be saved, as that is the sin of presumption, presuming we could be 'good enough' to earn our salvation.

Is that how you believe, that you can be good enough, sinless, or very close to it, in order to "stay saved??"  Y/N

Thanks for your reply, Stan..   (you do know we are in this together, seeking)

"Everybody I meet is fighting a battle I know nothing about"

• Thumbs Up 1