• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,647
  • Content Per Day:  1.98
  • Days Won:  2

On 9/26/2023 at 5:48 PM, Shilohsfoal said:

Just because someone comes in Yeshua's name does not mean they are in Christ.

Ain't that the truth.

For many will come in My name, claiming, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  6,647
  • Content Per Day:  1.98
  • Days Won:  2

On 9/25/2023 at 10:09 AM, Last Daze said:

If you had one minute to give advice to a new believer who is unfamiliar with the last days return of Christ, and what you tell him would be all that he would know about it, what prophetic advice would you give him?  Jesus led with "See to it that no one misleads you" in Matthew 24.  How would you succinctly expound on that?

Jesus is coming in the clouds when the sky splits open, He's not coming to town in a motorcade or preaching at the UN General Assembly. 

There is no pretrib rapture so get ready to endure in the power and provision of the Holy Spirit.

When armies are encamped in Israel, surrounding Jerusalem, the time of Jesus return is near. 

Way less than a minute. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Diaste said:

Ain't that the truth.

For many will come in My name, claiming, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many

I believe Jesus is talking (in Mathew 24:5)about the second beast in revelation 13:11 with two horns, which in revelation 19:20 is called the false prophet.

Revelation 19:20

And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

I believe many of this beast comes in Yeshua's name and will decieve many.

Mathew 24:5

For many will come in My name, claiming, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many

we will soon see if my thoughts are correct.

Edited by Shilohsfoal

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,119
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  0

Wow, people still do not understand the timing of the rapture, what a time we live in. We can look from a perch no other age had the advantage to use, the END TIMES, and a Computer to do the hard work, and we still can't figure it out as a whole body, and we wonder why the Church is so toothless in Spirit.

Matt. 24:4-6 was fulfilled in 70 AD.

Satan's fav. line of attack against Christians is TIMING LIES. He takes that which is simple and twists it, by people who fail to use the whole bible, he's able to use single verses to deceive many. A lot of the church people see Matt. 24:29 and can't even grasp that the IMMEDIATLY AFTER is referring to the Asteroid Impacts IMMEDIATE AFTER AFFECTS, not the 2nd Coming in vs. 30. But boy they know...............that they know, even though they don't, remember guys, God's rewards have contingencies, people will receive divergent rewards in heaven. I don't want to live in a shack in eternity. 

1 hour ago, Revelation Man said:

Wow, people still do not understand the timing of the rapture, what a time we live in. We can look from a perch no other age had the advantage to use, the END TIMES, and a Computer to do the hard work, and we still can't figure it out as a whole body, and we wonder why the Church is so toothless in Spirit.

Matt. 24:4-6 was fulfilled in 70 AD.

Satan's fav. line of attack against Christians is TIMING LIES. He takes that which is simple and twists it, by people who fail to use the whole bible, he's able to use single verses to deceive many. A lot of the church people see Matt. 24:29 and can't even grasp that the IMMEDIATLY AFTER is referring to the Asteroid Impacts IMMEDIATE AFTER AFFECTS, not the 2nd Coming in vs. 30. But boy they know...............that they know, even though they don't, remember guys, God's rewards have contingencies, people will receive divergent rewards in heaven. I don't want to live in a shack in eternity. 

I believe Jesus is talking about what takes place after the 42 month persecution of the saints in Israel .That is when the war of Armageddon starts .Nothing about an astroid.Its the beginning of the war for control of Jerusalem ending with the destruction of Jerusalem and every other city in the middle east.

Mathew 24:29

Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

10 hours ago, Diaste said:

Ain't that the truth.

I think that's talking about preachers who come in Christ's name, who confess Jesus as the Christ.  I don't think someone would both claim to be Christ and then come in His name.  That's not to say that there won't be false Christs.  The above passage refers to the deception caused by preachers who claim to be Christians, kind of what we see a lot of today.

For the time will come when they will not tolerate sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance with their own desires.  2 Tim 4:3

10 hours ago, Diaste said:

There is no pretrib rapture so get ready to endure in the power and provision of the Holy Spirit.

Agree.  People need to be ready to endure great tribulation.  Its not for no reason that we are instructed over and over again by Jesus to be ready and on the alert.  This world is not our home.

2 hours ago, Last Daze said:

I think that's talking about preachers who come in Christ's name, who confess Jesus as the Christ.  I don't think someone would both claim to be Christ and then come in His name.  That's not to say that there won't be false Christs.  The above passage refers to the deception caused by preachers who claim to be Christians, kind of what we see a lot of today.

For the time will come when they will not tolerate sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance with their own desires.  2 Tim 4:3

Agree.  People need to be ready to endure great tribulation.  Its not for no reason that we are instructed over and over again by Jesus to be ready and on the alert.  This world is not our home.

But who is Jesus talking too in the Olivet discourse?Is he talking to everyone or is he talking to specific people?

But take heed to yourselves: for they shall deliver you up to councils; and in the synagogues ye shall be beaten: and ye shall be brought before rulers and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them.

Is he telling the Chinese people that they will be beaten in the synagogues ,or is he telling his followers in Israel that they will be beaten in the synagogues?

Mathew 15:25

He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”

Edited by Shilohsfoal

And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

If I had stated that a large group of gentiles led by two evangelical christians  would come to Israel at the beginning of these things Jesus spoke of in Mathew 24,would anyone know what I was talking about?

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, Shilohsfoal said:

But who is Jesus talking too in the Olivet discourse?

The disciples who were both Jews and charter members (sans Judas) of the new covenant church which exists to this day.  That's why the discourse speaks both to Israel and the church.

31 minutes ago, Last Daze said:

The disciples who were both Jews and charter members (sans Judas) of the new covenant church which exists to this day.  That's why the discourse speaks both to Israel and the church.

Jesus isn't telling the apostles that many will come to them in his name claiming to be Christ.

Jesus is actually talking to a group of Israeli christians that will be living in Israel during the final 3.5 years before he comes.Jesus is speaking directly to them 2000 years in advanve.The apostles only recorded what he said.

Jesus goes on to tell these Israeli christians what is going to take place during this 3.5 years starting with the arrival of many who come in his name.These same events Jesus speaks of can be found in Daniel 11 and revelation.But these are the things those christians in Israel suffer during that time.

Luke 21

And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.

But when ye shall hear of wars and commotions, be not terrified: for these things must first come to pass; but the end is not by and by.

10 Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom:

11 And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.

12 But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name's sake.

13 And it shall turn to you for a testimony.

14 Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer:

15 For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.

16 And ye shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethren, and kinsfolks, and friends; and some of you shall they cause to be put to death.

17 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake.

18 But there shall not an hair of your head perish.

19 In your patience possess ye your souls.

20 And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.

21 Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto.

22 For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.

23 But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people.

24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;

26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.

And all this starts when many come in his name and decieved many.It all starts with the arrival of the son of perdition and his armed forces in Israel.Remember what Paul said?

2 Thes 2

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

The arrival of the man of sin and his armed forces in israel corresponds to the arrival of the second beast in revelation 13.Thats when the saints begins to die in Israel.

Luke 21:

16 And ye shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethren, and kinsfolks, and friends; and some of you shall they cause to be put to death.

Revelation 14:13

And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.

Daniel 11:33

Wise leaders will give instruction to many, but these teachers will die by fire and sword, or they will be jailed and robbed.

These are all talking about the same events and the same time period.Many of the things Jesus discussed in the Olivet discourse are in Daniel 11 and revelation.Ive really learned a lot by going to and fro comparing  scriptures.

Daniel 12:4

But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

Like the yellow pages"let your fingers do the walking".😉

Edited by Shilohsfoal