• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,632
  • Content Per Day:  12.17
  • Days Won:  31

8 minutes ago, other one said:

Your choice of words are just confusing things in my mind.

I found them hard to follow also........

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  479
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,573
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  9

They are expecting a much broader war hence the carrier force. If it gets out of hand. I expect a man of peace to appear possibly. Could be the Antichrist himself. 

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,262
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

5 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

They are expecting a much broader war hence the carrier force. If it gets out of hand. I expect a man of peace to appear possibly. Could be the Antichrist himself. 

this could easily turn into the Ezekiel 38 war.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,008
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, other one said:

Your choice of words are just confusing things in my mind.

In short, we are well on are way to the obvious end times.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,262
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

8 minutes ago, Desopixi Seilynam said:

In short, we are well on are way to the obvious end times.

I think most of us agree with that.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  10,332
  • Content Per Day:  7.11
  • Days Won:  99

Sending a contigent of naval vessels to loiter in the region is standard operating procedure. The threat of military might is the purpose, a show of force intended to instill fear. It never fails to work. 

That's the point of publicized deployments and maneuvers. China stages exercises; the US and Taiwan stage exercises. Desert Shield was the prelude to the Gulf War. A massive deployment of ground forces took place... my friends were shaking scorpions out of their sleeping bags and boots... they twiddled their thumbs waiting for Desert Storm to commence.

The U.S. Army moved more ordnance during Desert Shield than during any period in American military history. Staggering amounts of small arms ammunition, 155mm rounds, grenades, Stinger missiles, and MLRS pods were shipped out of Europe to points in the Gulf. What happened to all of that ordnance? 

A small fraction was used in combat. The same personnel who shipped it out of Europe deployed to the Gulf and sent it back. I was a short-timer so I missed out on that deployment.

Overreaction and worst-case scenarios are standard American military fare. I'm not alarmed by it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Marathoner said:

Sending a contigent of naval vessels to loiter in the region is standard operating procedure. The threat of military might is the purpose, a show of force intended to instill fear. It never fails to work. 

That's the point of publicized deployments and maneuvers. China stages exercises; the US and Taiwan stage exercises. Desert Shield was the prelude to the Gulf War. A massive deployment of ground forces took place... my friends were shaking scorpions out of their sleeping bags and boots... they twiddled their thumbs waiting for Desert Storm to commence.

The U.S. Army moved more ordnance during Desert Shield than during any period in American military history. Staggering amounts of small arms ammunition, 155mm rounds, grenades, Stinger missiles, and MLRS pods were shipped out of Europe to points in the Gulf. What happened to all of that ordnance? 

A small fraction was used in combat. The same personnel who shipped it out of Europe deployed to the Gulf and sent it back. I was a short-timer so I missed out on that deployment.

Overreaction and worst-case scenarios are standard American military fare. I'm not alarmed by it.

@Marathoner I think it was Dr Kissinger that spoke of moving between isolationism and over-commitment...

3 minutes ago, farouk said:

@Marathoner I think it was Dr Kissinger that spoke of moving between isolationism and over-commitment...

"The show of force" is the modern convention. Make a public display of trillions of dollars of military hardware, something which the United States specialized in during World War 2. The US out-produced all of the Allies and the Axis combined, and this changed the politics of warfare. 

There's a political element of warfare, and then there's the business end of warfare. The former is displayed to everyone, but you don't learn about the latter until after the fact.

The 82nd Airborne conducted operations when Desert Storm began weeks before CNN reported on the "ground war." Desert Storm began before the world knew about it. 

2 minutes ago, Marathoner said:

"The show of force" is the modern convention. Make a public display of trillions of dollars of military hardware, something which the United States specialized in during World War 2. The US out-produced all of the Allies and the Axis combined, and this changed the politics of warfare. 

There's a political element of warfare, and then there's the business end of warfare. The former is displayed to everyone, but you don't learn about the latter until after the fact.

The 82nd Airborne conducted operations when Desert Storm began weeks before CNN reported on the "ground war." Desert Storm began before the world knew about it. 

@Marathoner Well, the timing aspect which you mention may have something to do with the close relations that Ted Turner has long had with the CIA.

30 minutes ago, farouk said:

@Marathoner Well, the timing aspect which you mention may have something to do with the close relations that Ted Turner has long had with the CIA.

Heh, I don't think so. CNN wasn't privy to operational details. Neither were military personnel until the order arrived. Publicizing the horror of warfare serves the geopolitical interests of combatant states, and the media stands to benefit from embedding reporters and camera crews in "approved" locations (low operational priority). How?

Ratings, which increases advertising revenue.

This isn't anything new, farouk. Combat journalism has been around since World War 2, but the Gulf War took it to the next level. If viewers understood what MLRS bomblets actually do, they would be terrified out of their minds. Or, what happens to human flesh when an armor-piercing round penetrates a tank or armored personnel carrier. 

It's unspeakable, brother. 

The unspeakable truth of warfare is never publicized.