• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,873
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Praying for you. Romans 8 is one of the more powerful/important/famous etc. chapters in the Bible. This section may be of some help:

"Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God. And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose." -- Romans 8:26-28

Look at that! God doesn't just ask us to pray, and he doesn't even stop with knowing that we are imperfect in our prayers. Knowing that we many times don't even know how to pray, the Holy Spirit Himself, dwelling inside of us, prays on our behalf! God Himself prays for us to God Himself, on a level so deep that human words could never communicate so powerfully. And these prayers are always according to the will of God, and that will, that purpose, is always for our good. Aside from our salvation, is there any better news than this in the Bible?

Try praying something like this: "Father, I am at my wit's end in this situation. But in just these three verses, you have told me the following: everything I am suffering now is being used by you for MY GOOD, and even though I do not know how to even pray about it, I know that the Holy Spirit is interceding on my behalf! I praise you an thank you for that glorious, comforting truth, and I pray that your will continues to be done in this situation, and that you give me the wisdom and strength to do or no do whatever it is that will please you in this situation."

• Thanks 1
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  459
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  1

On 11/8/2023 at 1:26 PM, FJK said:

Gosh, I'm so overwhelmed with the beautiful and supportive replies I've received here. 

The truth is that this week, my health took a real nosedive and I ended up being signed off work for the week. I haven't had a rest like it in a long time, and I needed it. So many things came to the fore and it felt like a very spiritually symbolic time. It has been very intense and I've really sensed some kind of link between my health, my lifestyle, my work situation and God. I've felt the enemy at the door trying to break me down further and it has all felt very charged. I feel God telling me that something good is around the corner now.

The time off work has helped to reset my mind a little and to have some much needed space from my co worker. I need to keep focused on Jesus. Wonderful advice from all of you. Thank you so much, for each and every response.

Please agree with me in the spirit that God will use all of this for good and for His glory. 

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.92

6 minutes ago, Thewhitedove said:

Please agree with me in the spirit that God will use all of this for good and for His glory. 

Agree, may God smile on you.

Hello everyone.

I am due to go back to work to work tomorrow after a week off due to illness. I'm still not 100% recovered but not sick enough to stay off. As a teacher I often do work at home on a Sunday, but my medical certificate actually expires tomorrow and so I am technically exempt from work. I really believe I need another day of complete rest.

I do feel like I need to contact my Co worker as a matter of courtesy to let her know that while I'll not be doing any work today, I will be back tomorrow. I'm trying to be very prayerful about every interaction. 

I'm praying that God instructs me how to conduct myself as He sees fit.

Please join me in this prayer.

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,079
  • Content Per Day:  9.76
  • Days Won:  149

1 hour ago, Thewhitedove said:

Hello everyone.

I am due to go back to work to work tomorrow after a week off due to illness. I'm still not 100% recovered but not sick enough to stay off. As a teacher I often do work at home on a Sunday, but my medical certificate actually expires tomorrow and so I am technically exempt from work. I really believe I need another day of complete rest.

I do feel like I need to contact my Co worker as a matter of courtesy to let her know that while I'll not be doing any work today, I will be back tomorrow. I'm trying to be very prayerful about every interaction. 

I'm praying that God instructs me how to conduct myself as He sees fit.

Please join me in this prayer.

Praying for you @Thewhitedove

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  539
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,771
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  222
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

Have you thought that God may have already answered your prayers ? You are off sick ( not something you would have done without being sick ) so the deceit ( and it IS deceitful to be being paid for a job you cannot or will not do )  has come to light ... it is no longer in your hands as those who hired this woman must now sort out the problems that were caused by that decision. Honestly no matter what she professes to be she is NOT behaving in a Christian manner ,,if she has the qualifications to do the job then she must have been at least competent enough to pass the exams needed so her not doing the job sounds more like laziness to me and it is time she saw the consequences before they become so bad nothing can be done to avert a major problem 

Oh and PLEASE do NOT contact her as she can turn that around to be harassment 

5 minutes ago, ladypeartree said:

Have you thought that God may have already answered your prayers ? You are off sick ( not something you would have done without being sick ) so the deceit ( and it IS deceitful to be being paid for a job you cannot or will not do )  has come to light ... it is no longer in your hands as those who hired this woman must now sort out the problems that were caused by that decision. Honestly no matter what she professes to be she is NOT behaving in a Christian manner ,,if she has the qualifications to do the job then she must have been at least competent enough to pass the exams needed so her not doing the job sounds more like laziness to me and it is time she saw the consequences before they become so bad nothing can be done to avert a major problem 

This is exactly what I have thought! Many co workers have contacted me to say that her behaviour in work has been noticed.

I really do believe that God allowed me to feel really unwell this week in order to highlight the true nature of how she does her job. 

I don't mind sending her a text to check in and say hi, as it might seem weird if I just reappear tomorrow without having had any contact. 

Something else I'm concerned about is how I'm still weak, my body is still achey from all of the coughing, weeks and weeks of it. My movements are slow and I need to be careful even with speaking as it can bring on the last little coughs I'm still battling with, and it's very painful. I need to take a backseat in work tomorrow and let her take the lead but it stresses me out SO MUCH because the kids end up very hyper when she takes charge. 

I am just dreading it. 

• Praying! 2

Something else that I forgot, is that a few weeks ago I started to wonder whether she really was the vulnerable, neurodiverse Christian who was just in need of some TLC and mentoring, or, if there was something more manipulative going on. I asked God to show me the truth. 

Shortly afterwards, we were on the school trip. That morning I begged God to get me out of it as I felt unwell. I wasn't able to get out of it. In fact, there was heavy rain and we still had to do the trip. I was miserable the whole day and that was the day in which she did not properly supervise the students. The following day we had the confrontation and that day seemed to be a turning point for me. I had had enough. 

I couldn't do it anymore. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Nor should you do it any more as it is not a safe environment for you or the children.   You need to talk to whoever is in charge ( I am from the Uk so our system may be different to yours )  and let them know that although you are back you are still not fit to take charge  of the entire class/day  and let them know that you are going to need support for at least another couple of weeks that puts the ball firmly in their court and they need to see how badly she is behaving  . From what you are saying it sounds as if she is manipulating others to do her work and if she cannot do the job then she needs to be moved or find a job that she can do . Your boss needs to be told about how unsafe she is on outside trips as well as that is a real danger to the children and I dont think you could live with knowing you could have said something if a child was hurt due to her behaviour