• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

What are three key things He told us to look for regarding the end of the age?

I get the feeling you already know that answer LoL.

In Matthew chapter 24, deception will be a sign of the times. So much so, for emphasis, Jesus mentions deception four times.

Luke 21:9 But when ye shall hear of wars and commotions, be not terrified: for these things must first come to pass; but the end is not by and by.

Yes, Sir, Israel, Iran, N. Korea, Russia, China-Tiawan, on and on.

Mark 13:10 And the gospel must first be published among all nations.

With our missionaries and technological outreach, I suspect every nation has had the Gospel presented to them.

Matthew 24:10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

Where do we start on this one?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.47

2 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Matthew 24:10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

Where do we start on this one?

If you follow the deaths of the saints in Daniel 11:33-35. And Revelation 14:13,you would realize Jesus is talking about the time the armed forces of the north(which is the second beast in revelation 13) appears in Israel.

That is when the persecution of the saints begins in Israel.The watchmen of Israel will be imprisoned and murdered for warning the people and testifying of  Yeshua.

Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Edited by Shilohsfoal

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,629
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

11 hours ago, WilliamL said:

What I see is the possibility that this is the leadup to Daniel 11:40. Which I didn't think would happen for another few years. Maybe it is just another increment to that leadup.

But whatever the timing, it bears close watching. For example, if Hezbollah and Syria get fully involved, and Iran starts restricting oil shipments from the Persian gulf, then events could quickly spiral towards the King of the North's invasion of the Middle East and North Africa, as prophesied in Daniel 11:40-43.

Idk, this is an ongoing conflict and Iran has been behind it since the Israeli withdrawal from Gaza. Iran has been behind Hamas and Hezbollah for decades. 

In any case, it's not what we are told to watch for:

"6You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. These things must happen, but the end is still to come.

Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8All these are the beginning of birth pains.

"Now learn this lessone from the fig tree: As soon as its branches become tender and sprout leaves, you know that summer is near. 33So also, when you see all these things, you will know that He is near,f right at the door"

Wars and rumors of wars, famine plague and pestilence are not a part of what He said signals the nearness of His return. 

A lot of people think it is, but it's not. 

14 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

What are three key things He told us to look for regarding the end of the age?

It seems you have something in mind as key events. Please post those and we can discuss.

10 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

With our missionaries and technological outreach, I suspect every nation has had the Gospel presented to them.

I watch for this as I'm convinced it's a major turning point in future history.

Wycliffe Global Alliance tracks this and the Gospel has not yet been 'published' in every 'nation'. I take 'nation' here to mean people groups with a unique language. 

It's close though. Up to 7.4 billion have scripture access. 

https://www.wycliffe.net/resources/statistics/

22 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Actually WWI has never stopped, and it started in 1885.

What is happening this day is but another war theater with the doctrine of USA President Jimmy Carter ( Jan 23 1980 ) in play:  " the United States will use military force, if necessary, to defend its national interests in the Persian Gulf."

Two US Navy attack fleets are not in the Mediterranean Sea because of HAMAS. Twenty five percent of the US Navy fleets fire power is assembled and at risk by being in close proximity. This is high stakes world powers poker. The USA has called the enemy Russia's bet and pushed in a huge raise bet at the table. 

Sure. It's always 'high stakes'. Is that what we are told to look for? 

Are we to listen to the false prophets and doomsayers that pop up like weeds proclaiming the 'end is nigh' every time Israel sneezes?

It wasn't the end of the world in 1948 or 1967. In '67 ten Arab nations tried to defeat Israel and wipe her from existence. Israel could have owned all of Egypt and Syria and other countries if they so choose. 

It wasn't the end then and that was far more dire a circumstance for Israel.

We were told what to look for, yet we ignore it. Why?

• Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,597
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

5 minutes ago, Diaste said:

We were told what to look for, yet we ignore it. Why?

Hi, I was shown what I need look for. So I did, I do and if granted a tomorrow I will tomorrow too. My soul may be required of me before sunset today, so I am prepared as God has allowed in his mercy to me.

Of course Israel is important in the scope of history that is unfolding even now even as it has been! These are indeed exciting times, for me especially, to be living amongst the signs of the time.

Yes I do pray for the peace of Jerusalem, as I pray my thanks to God for the Holy Spirit's reveal of Yeshua, and for His call specifically to me to turn about to Yeshua as my Lord God and savior. 

Maranatha!

• Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

5 hours ago, Diaste said:

I watch for this as I'm convinced it's a major turning point in future history.

Wycliffe Global Alliance tracks this and the Gospel has not yet been 'published' in every 'nation'. I take 'nation' here to mean people groups with a unique language. 

It's close though. Up to 7.4 billion have scripture access. 

https://www.wycliffe.net/resources/statistics/

I have also tried keeping my ears open to this; it is a biggie.

Matthew 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

I have seen pictures and heard testimony of some of the deepest jungles in South America and Africa having low-tech smartphones and internet provided by their respective government. I have considered why their government would go through the trouble and expense of doing so in such remote and isolated locations.

Elon Musk and Space X have launched hundreds of space satellites to form a constellation of satellites to provide internet service to every inch of the planet, coming online soon.

Fifty years ago, I wondered how the above and below could be accomplished.

Revelation 11:9 And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.

Fast forward fifty years, with live streaming and global internet services, it is now a no-brainer.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.90

5 hours ago, Diaste said:

Would you consider simply being published in a language the same as being preached to all people (nations)?

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  201
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,431
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

6 hours ago, Diaste said:

It seems you have something in mind as key events. Please post those and we can discuss.

No not really... I was just wanting to prompt anyone that knew of such passages. Here is something I found online with several good verses:

https://www.bibleinfo.com/en/topics/signs-jesus-coming

I think as someone else said, from discerning these verses we may not be quite there yet. But there are certainly many of these things occurring now and accelerating! I do have some sense of urgency building in me that the world needs to come to the True Messiah! (and that the church needs to be strong, and rise up to take a stand to proclaim Him alone loudly!) 

BTW - there are those verses regarding Jesus speaking about the fig tree blossoming which many believe is typology for the nation of Israel in 1948. And Jesus said in Matthew 24 that these things would occur before the generation passed away. In Scripture it said the generation of man is 70 years and if by reason of strength possibly 80. We are 70 years beyond 1948 but we will not reached the 80 year mark until 2028. (Others dispute that Jesus was talking about the and of the age in that passage.) 

Also, as some believe, another temple will need to be built in Jerusalem for certain prophesies to take place (the man of sin making a treaty with them and then breaking it/setting himself up as God in the temple)