• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Mei Kor said:

What supernatural encounter has touched you to see Christ?

My wife and I attended a funeral of our neighbors son who died from cerebral palsy at age 13 yrs. The preacher  at the funeral told us attending that the young boy was not in his wheelchair any more, but with Jesus in heaven healed in body and spirit. And the reason he was  there was because he was saved, born again.  The seed was planted.

My wife and I went home and I looked up what he said in a bible and found those scriptures. We read more scripture, and received more light/truth. My wife began going to bible studies for women and I began working with Christian men, asking a bazillion questions. My wife, alone in the back yard cried out to God to be saved, and was. Later myself driving alone at night on a country road with this new understanding of what I must do to be saved, I cried out to God for his salvation mercy, He answered and I was saved.

Sow the seed.

Kyay Zuu Pal, Mei Kor...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  969
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  2

Here is my conversion experience Which I have shared with many over the years….

In my younger days I was drawn to the Lord and was water baptized. But over time the cares of the world choked out the word in me, just as Jesus parable showed.

I began slowly going back to a life of sin. I drank, I did drugs, I smoked, I cursed like a drunken sailor, and I lusted after women and the things of this world. All this went on for about 17 years, and I was not even seeking the Lord.

But one day in March of 2007 I woke up and I was suddenly filled with the Holy Spirit. My body felt weightless, like I was floating on a cloud. I also felt like I was glowing, like I was illuminated from within, so much so that I had to go look in a mirror to see if it was visible to the eye, but it was within.

My vision became crystal clear, like I had been looking thru a dirty window my whole life. And I had this overwhelming feeling of comfort, love, peace, and joy come upon me, which words just can’t describe.  

But one of the most amazing things was, the words of God came pouring into me like clear mountain waters pouring down from on high. And with those words came understanding in those words.

Before that day I could not quote a verse of scripture from memory. But at that day I could quote the scriptures like I had been studying them my whole life. This I learned later was Christ being revealed in me.

All of this amazed me because I was not seeking God at the time. And at first I thought I might be losing my mind or something. So I asked God, if this is really you, just give me sign.

In my living room we had a ceiling fan with lights on it, with a ceramic handled pull cord. I asked the Lord, if this is really Him, just move that pull cord so I will know for sure, but nothing happened.

Then I felt bad, because it dawned on me that I had just tempted the Lord. A few minutes later I had grabbed my Bible, which I had not opened in almost 17 years and began to read. Suddenly I heard this loud noise, and I looked up.

The noise I heard was the ceramic knob on the pull cord swinging around, so much so that it was hitting glass on the lights above it. I was so amazed, because the fan was not on, and there was no one else in the room but me. God answered my request, and confirmed to me, that yes, it was the Lord.

That very day by the power of God, I stopped drinking, stop doing drugs, stopped smoking, and stop cursing. Getting my thoughts under control took a bit longer, but God gave me the strength to do that as well.

Amazing things happened after that day as well, I had dreams and visions and began to understand many of the mysteries found in God’s Word. I began sharing the gospel in person and online, and have not stopped ever since.

I was truly born again that day, and made a new man in Christ.

All the praise, honor, and glory belongs to the Lord. Peace

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,217
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

I was young 8-10 and my mom oh always made me go to Church. My room was down stairs and every Sunday I would think..  ooh maybe this time she will forget to .. BANG BANG BANG she hits the floor wakening me up. It was a Baptist Church I would always flip off the pastor..yes at that young age. Home life is another story. I remember the pastor talking about hell that next week I had a dream I still remember. I can't say who it was as in the devil or just a evil spirit but it had me and fire all around me he said "aha I got you". That next Sunday I went up front could not stop crying was not sacred at all just could not stop crying. They gave me this little book I still have today "The four spiritual laws". 

• Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,407
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

12 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

So first I believe I was regenerated (born again) and got his life into me, and later I was "saved."  I know this sounds like semantics, but this is how I think of it now.  Let me explain.

I kind of relate to this. I watched the Gospel Bill show as a kid and accepted Jesus. This was before I was even in school. At that age I didn't really understand it of course, but I kept with it. As a teenager and into my 20s I was kind of lukewarm. The relationship with God was there but I was still learning and the foundation it was built on had some issues. My grandmother's influence on my early Christian life was a net positive but it wasn't perfect. She instilled a sense in me that God was almost a bogeyman of sorts waiting to punish or humiliate people if they weren't perfect. It's possible my relationship with my earthly father colored it as well. He'd mock and belittle at the slightest thing, and as another Worthy member once said to me our relationship with our earthly parents can do a lot to shape our perception of our Heavenly Father for good and for ill.

Starting in my late 20s and going into my early 30s I had a years long trial by fire that involved a lot of personal loss and heartache and being trapped in abusive situations. Everything was dead end after dead end and when a doctor told me to get something looked at to rule out cancer (it turned out to be nothing) it actually made me feel happy because an end was in sight. A string of unlikely coincidences eventually played out, though, or at least that's what the world would call it. But I very clearly saw it as the hand of God guiding and protecting me and intervening on my behalf so I could grow from the experience. It crystallized my faith and removed the bogeyman element from my perception of God. I'm still learning. I don't think we ever stop, but life is peaceful now and with the wisdom gained from the trials I'm in a better position to guide and give hope to others.

• Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 3

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

16 hours ago, Sower said:

My wife and I attended a funeral of our neighbors son who died from cerebral palsy at age 13 yrs. The preacher  at the funeral told us attending that the young boy was not in his wheelchair any more, but with Jesus in heaven healed in body and spirit. And the reason he was  there was because he was saved, born again.  The seed was planted.

My wife and I went home and I looked up what he said in a bible and found those scriptures. We read more scripture, and received more light/truth. My wife began going to bible studies for women and I began working with Christian men, asking a bazillion questions. My wife, alone in the back yard cried out to God to be saved, and was. Later myself driving alone at night on a country road with this new understanding of what I must do to be saved, I cried out to God for his salvation mercy, He answered and I was saved.

Sow the seed.

Kyay Zuu Pal, Mei Kor...

Thank you for sharing your encounter with God, I am blessed to see how God led you!

And I believe you have been in Burma? I appreciate for the word "Thank you" in my language! ☺️

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

So first I believe I was regenerated (born again) and got his life into me, and later I was "saved."  I know this sounds like semantics, but this is how I think of it now.  Let me explain.

When I was around 10 years old, I returned from a Sunday school class with a pamphlet entitled something like, "What Just Happened to You" and an awareness of the Lord's presence.  I don't remember exactly how this came about or what I prayed. But I was aware that the sky was bluer, the air fresher, and I had a knowledge of Him in my conscience. I consider then that I was born-again.

But over the next few years I forgot about Him, stopped going to Sunday school, and then got into drugs as a teenager.  However, there was always a seeking part in me, that was desperately trying to find the truth of the universe (I had forgotten about my earlier experience of Him).  One night, as I was homeless and hanging out in a cold, deserted house, I cried out to Him in utter desperation, "God if you're real, you have to make yourself real to me!"  That is when He saved me from the pit:  He flooded my being with His Spirit, healed me of drugs, and filled me with the joy of knowing Him and the pleasure of being able to talk to Him like any other person!  :hurrah: (there were various supernatural occurrences that followed this too)

Dear Vine, 

I praised God what He had done your life. Yes, God is real. Your encounter with the Lord speaks to me, how important of a Sunday School as a primary foundation for youth and children.

Please pray for my areas we will have Sunday school class every village. 

• Praying! 1

14 hours ago, Stewardofthemystery said:

Here is my conversion experience Which I have shared with many over the years….

In my younger days I was drawn to the Lord and was water baptized. But over time the cares of the world choked out the word in me, just as Jesus parable showed.

I began slowly going back to a life of sin. I drank, I did drugs, I smoked, I cursed like a drunken sailor, and I lusted after women and the things of this world. All this went on for about 17 years, and I was not even seeking the Lord.

But one day in March of 2007 I woke up and I was suddenly filled with the Holy Spirit. My body felt weightless, like I was floating on a cloud. I also felt like I was glowing, like I was illuminated from within, so much so that I had to go look in a mirror to see if it was visible to the eye, but it was within.

My vision became crystal clear, like I had been looking thru a dirty window my whole life. And I had this overwhelming feeling of comfort, love, peace, and joy come upon me, which words just can’t describe.  

But one of the most amazing things was, the words of God came pouring into me like clear mountain waters pouring down from on high. And with those words came understanding in those words.

Before that day I could not quote a verse of scripture from memory. But at that day I could quote the scriptures like I had been studying them my whole life. This I learned later was Christ being revealed in me.

All of this amazed me because I was not seeking God at the time. And at first I thought I might be losing my mind or something. So I asked God, if this is really you, just give me sign.

In my living room we had a ceiling fan with lights on it, with a ceramic handled pull cord. I asked the Lord, if this is really Him, just move that pull cord so I will know for sure, but nothing happened.

Then I felt bad, because it dawned on me that I had just tempted the Lord. A few minutes later I had grabbed my Bible, which I had not opened in almost 17 years and began to read. Suddenly I heard this loud noise, and I looked up.

The noise I heard was the ceramic knob on the pull cord swinging around, so much so that it was hitting glass on the lights above it. I was so amazed, because the fan was not on, and there was no one else in the room but me. God answered my request, and confirmed to me, that yes, it was the Lord.

That very day by the power of God, I stopped drinking, stop doing drugs, stopped smoking, and stop cursing. Getting my thoughts under control took a bit longer, but God gave me the strength to do that as well.

Amazing things happened after that day as well, I had dreams and visions and began to understand many of the mysteries found in God’s Word. I began sharing the gospel in person and online, and have not stopped ever since.

I was truly born again that day, and made a new man in Christ.

All the praise, honor, and glory belongs to the Lord. Peace

Dear @Stewardofthemystery, your testimony was amazing. God has called you in a specific way. I was overwhelmed of reading how God led your life. May the Lord bless you!