• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,672
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

3 hours ago, WilliamL said:

For example, without a 501-3c, a church cannot open a bank account, so everything must operate on a cash basis. (Which we do, after having found this out from banks.) Most churches of any substantial size just cannot deal with operating that way.

Hi My home church and former employer has checking accounts and has never been under 501-3C status. It is Church, it needs no exemption  nor authorization from any agency, long as it operates as a church body.  But this has come up a few times on WCF and is a separate subject from where I started out on this thread.

I do think the USA is now a post Christian land and it's people, in general, are not   Christian but instead are heathen having no understanding of Yeshua his gospel nor even of eternity. It has lost even an understanding of it's own history, now living in the moment reacting  like a jelly fish floating on the tides  and winds pushed along  this way and that without any ability to set a direction and hold to it.

May God raise up a leader from this rather weak willed people that wil be used  by God to give some spine to it's corporate identity. May It be saved from the extended wrath of God over it's denial of God's will. May it be turned about ot cherishing it's very lifeblood  it's as yet unborn. May they all be treasured yet again.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,653
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

5 hours ago, Sower said:

Old saying I remember,

"Be a Hero, save the Whales!"

Save the Babies, go to Jail!"

Sad but true...

Humanity = satanic insanity.

• Topic Count:  349
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,506
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

Matthew 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

I suspect what Jesus said would happen is part of this topic by the tens of millions. As you have observed, with all the problems America and the world faces, the Democrat's central platform is abortion on demand. This is a sickening topic to discuss, much less the reality of murder for convenience.  

When people run for government office on a platform of death for innocents who have no voice or rights in the matter, and it appeals to their majority voter base, Houston, we have a problem. There is a constant biblical theme, a repeated pattern in the Bible. Judgment is close at hand when atrocities, abominations, wickedness, and lawlessness abound, and it becomes the law of the land.

A quote attributed to Ruth Graham, wife of Billy Graham years ago sticks in my mind, to paraphrase:

“If God does not judge America soon, He owes an apology to Sodom and Gomorrah.”

The only remaining hope for America as I see it for a reprieve, as with Nineveh is:

2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Isaiah 5:20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

• Interesting! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  667
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  0

21 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Hi, I do not know about "the church". as there are so many that are independent and quite different one from another.

I do know about two Christian schools. Neither has ever had a non Christian as a teacher, nor employee. In fact every employee must have a  Christian service ministry in addition to being a teacher. That ministry demand protects the school from federal laws that otherwise require a school to hire without regard to moral practices and beliefs that are unchristian in nature.

[ I was a director at one independent Christian School as well as a employee of another  under  a local independent church support that I was employed at and a member]

There is a continuing battle between individual Christian schools and the USA federal government  administrative law bureaucrats and also elected bodies the senate and the house of representatives where government tries to defeat the entire purpose of private, especially  Christian private, schooling.

Staying away from becoming  under 501-3C irs rule is essential to  proper Christian ministry work! If one opts to be a 501-3C there is great risk and really  certainty of also coming under dominance by Federal Government and all it's adminstrative law rulings.

By the 'Church' I meant the multi denominational, and independent church bodies in the USA as an whole.  I know it is not wise to generalize, but, for the most part church leaders have ignored teaching on biblical citizenship and have taught their people to stay out of politics and public education. I believe we are seeing a downward trend in our culture because of this trend.

I am in favor of Christian schools and/or home schooling, and wish you and yours the best.

I do have hope for the future in Christ and His Kingdom in spite of the decay around us.

Hope this explains my comments . . . Ray . . . 

• Interesting! 1

• Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,672
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

21 minutes ago, Ray12614 said:

By the 'Church' I meant the multi denominational, and independent church bodies in the USA as an whole.  I know it is not wise to generalize, but, for the most part church leaders have ignored teaching on biblical citizenship and have taught their people to stay out of politics and public education. I believe we are seeing a downward trend in our culture because of this trend.

I am in favor of Christian schools and/or home schooling, and wish you and yours the best.

I do have hope for the future in Christ and His Kingdom in spite of the decay around us.

Hope this explains my comments . . . Ray . . . 

Hi Ray, I always enjoy  presentations that open up thought not generally familiar to me. When individuals write "the church" and then describe that which  I am almost totally unfamiliar with in my own experiences I figure there must be great diversity of local church bodies out there.

I am surprised at how many times descriptions so very foreign to my own experience  is described.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,117
  • Content Per Day:  9.69
  • Days Won:  149

The whole abortion issue has been going on in the US since 1973. If anything the general population at the manipulation of the press, along with very likely financing of sign holders to make sure Planned Parenthood coffers stay full is even more resolved to murder babies.

I don't hold much if any hope here. This thing is going to play out and I can only pray we will all be immune to the fallout sure to come from it. I once had hope our government and the people could see sound reason. No more.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  290
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

note how the creator feels at Exodus 21;22=25.and this account it was an accident. Almighty God values the fetus and unborn

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,049
  • Content Per Day:  1.60

It's disturbing how many people who call themselves Christians will justify abortion. In my opinion, there really aren't very many Christians in this country. There might be people who can fill churches and who can wear the apparel and have a Jesus fish on their car, but when it comes to actually living a Christian Life and following the commands of scripture, I'm not sure if I've actually met anyone in person that can do that. It's not surprising that the morals of this country continue to go down. I expect that true Christianity may soon be outlawed.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.68
  • Days Won:  1

28 minutes ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

I expect that true Christianity may soon be outlawed.

To a large extent, it already has been.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,141
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

23 hours ago, Neighbor said:

My home church and former employer has checking accounts and has never been under 501-3C status. It is Church, it needs no exemption  nor authorization from any agency, long as it operates as a church body.

Maybe banks deal differently where you are, but I suspect your church, since it has employees, likely has an EIN issued by the IRS, in order to open a bank account.