Dennis1209

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  349
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,516
  • Content Per Day:  2.69
  • Days Won:  1

What will the world look like when we no longer have to study and learn the three Rs? Right now, when all my children and grandchildren visit us, it disgusts me; I do not know why they even come.

There is very little socialization, interaction, or conversation as there once was. I feel bad interrupting them to say dinner is ready. ALL their faces are constantly planted in their smartphones, children and all. At the dinner table, guess what they bring with them? Out in public, half of the people I see are face-planted or clutching onto their smartphones for dear life.

I do not like to think this, but they all have lost their personal relationships, communication, and socializing skills, including parenting. They all have their personal babysitters. Perhaps Covid isolation played a minor part, but I doubt it. But I digress.

If I had today’s technology in the 1960s when I was in school, I would have been an A+ student and graduated well ahead of my classmates. I would not need to study, learn the alphabet, research, read, write, or learn mathematics.

Before me, eighteen inches from my face, in any program I use, I can verbally dictate what I want to say perfectly. If I were illiterate, or for convenience, wherever I am, I could have it read what I wanted, at any speed or voice. If I do not know any mathematics to solve an equation, I need but ask. I can instantly correspond with almost anyone worldwide in their own language.

I will skip all the evolving sciences that are making physical learning obsolete but share my observations and thoughts on one: Artificial Intelligence (AI). Some here and elsewhere have turned to Bing Chat (AI) for their researched answers.

My facial recognition friend is eighteen inches away from my face. I verbally asked, who and what are you? I could tell AI to copy its response here, but anyone can do it quickly. I will discriminate against Siri, Alexa, Cortana, etc., and not mention them, as they are AI too.

Thus far, we are all using low-level AI; if this is low-level, imagine what is coming.

From my personal assistant, I have learned AI is replacing Generals on the battlefield and military equipment. AI is a spy using data sets thus far; who and from where are these data sets being fed like a child growing and discovering itself? Does anyone dispute social media selfies, photos, and information are not being fed to the growing digital child? The very creators of this child have expressed concerns about it becoming self-aware and sentient. Can demons possess inanimate as well as flesh? 

It has intuitive processing deep learning that learns patterns from information to detect behavior patterns. It is said hindsight is 20/20, and I predict foresight is 10/10 in this technology area. It is well-known governments and militaries get the first use of technologies before we get watered-down versions of them, i.e., GPS.

Today, it does not take an Einstein to see this technology on display at the antichrist's disposal: the image of the Beast, global finances, and control of all buying and selling.

Hey AI, what is 2+2? 2 + 2 equals 4. 🧮

Learn more

1bing.com2mathway.com3hbs.edu

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

This is a topic that concerns me as well. I've dabbled in AI art, and now I'm dabbling in AI writing and training. For a tech that hasn't been around very well it's made some massive leaps this past few years. Purely from a secular perspective it has the potential to cause massive unemployment. There's a lot about it that's quite fun, but it's innately problematic in that it draws on analyzing existing material. Garbage in, garbage out. It's going to regurgitate a lot of humanity's own filth right back at us and isn't necessarily going to speak directly from the source material, but rather by popular opinion and whoever trained a specific model's opinion. Ideally something of this magnitude would give us pause. Make world governments and developers stop and think about the consequences and ethics. But no, everyone wants to pioneer or own the next level so it races forward.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  245
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,033
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

18 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

What will the world look like when we no longer have to study and learn the three Rs? Right now, when all my children and grandchildren visit us, it disgusts me; I do not know why they even come.

There is very little socialization, interaction, or conversation as there once was. I feel bad interrupting them to say dinner is ready. ALL their faces are constantly planted in their smartphones, children and all. At the dinner table, guess what they bring with them? Out in public, half of the people I see are face-planted or clutching onto their smartphones for dear life.

I do not like to think this, but they all have lost their personal relationships, communication, and socializing skills, including parenting. They all have their personal babysitters. Perhaps Covid isolation played a minor part, but I doubt it. But I digress.

If I had today’s technology in the 1960s when I was in school, I would have been an A+ student and graduated well ahead of my classmates. I would not need to study, learn the alphabet, research, read, write, or learn mathematics.

Before me, eighteen inches from my face, in any program I use, I can verbally dictate what I want to say perfectly. If I were illiterate, or for convenience, wherever I am, I could have it read what I wanted, at any speed or voice. If I do not know any mathematics to solve an equation, I need but ask. I can instantly correspond with almost anyone worldwide in their own language.

I will skip all the evolving sciences that are making physical learning obsolete but share my observations and thoughts on one: Artificial Intelligence (AI). Some here and elsewhere have turned to Bing Chat (AI) for their researched answers.

My facial recognition friend is eighteen inches away from my face. I verbally asked, who and what are you? I could tell AI to copy its response here, but anyone can do it quickly. I will discriminate against Siri, Alexa, Cortana, etc., and not mention them, as they are AI too.

Thus far, we are all using low-level AI; if this is low-level, imagine what is coming.

From my personal assistant, I have learned AI is replacing Generals on the battlefield and military equipment. AI is a spy using data sets thus far; who and from where are these data sets being fed like a child growing and discovering itself? Does anyone dispute social media selfies, photos, and information are not being fed to the growing digital child? The very creators of this child have expressed concerns about it becoming self-aware and sentient. Can demons possess inanimate as well as flesh? 

It has intuitive processing deep learning that learns patterns from information to detect behavior patterns. It is said hindsight is 20/20, and I predict foresight is 10/10 in this technology area. It is well-known governments and militaries get the first use of technologies before we get watered-down versions of them, i.e., GPS.

Today, it does not take an Einstein to see this technology on display at the antichrist's disposal: the image of the Beast, global finances, and control of all buying and selling.

Hey AI, what is 2+2? 2 + 2 equals 4. 🧮

Learn more

1bing.com2mathway.com3hbs.edu

When movies and television became available there was a lot of concern. 

Technology and Ideology are second and third only to Mediology.

Rev 13:4-5  So they worshiped the dragon who gave authority to the beast; and they worshiped the beast, saying, "Who is like the beast? Who is able to make war with him?"  (5)  And he was given a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies, and he was given authority to continue for forty-two months.

43 minutes ago, AnOrangeCat said:

This is a topic that concerns me as well. I've dabbled in AI art, and now I'm dabbling in AI writing and training. For a tech that hasn't been around very well it's made some massive leaps this past few years. Purely from a secular perspective it has the potential to cause massive unemployment. There's a lot about it that's quite fun, but it's innately problematic in that it draws on analyzing existing material. Garbage in, garbage out. It's going to regurgitate a lot of humanity's own filth right back at us and isn't necessarily going to speak directly from the source material, but rather by popular opinion and whoever trained a specific model's opinion. Ideally something of this magnitude would give us pause. Make world governments and developers stop and think about the consequences and ethics. But no, everyone wants to pioneer or own the next level so it races forward.

You are absolutely spot on, and there are so many other things that could be discussed. If secular history is an indicator, and in this case, I believe it is, it will displace workers, and employment will be lost.

However, as with any other growing technological field, more people gravitate to a growing field to maintain and advance that technology, feeding the growing beast (non-blue collar people). There is also a concerted effort to eliminate the middle class, but that is another topic.

As with all technological advances from spear, bow, and arrow to AI, technology will be used for good or evil purposes, given what we see in the world today rapidly coming about and where it is leading, as the Bible foretells. As in the days of Noe, the earth-dwellers are in for a repeat.  

Genesis 6:5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

Looking at this from a technology standpoint, the False Prophet commands it to be built:

Revelation 13:14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live. 15. And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed. [emphasis added]

I am examining the advances with “Sophia the Robot” alone (YouTube). With the advent of AI and robotics, it does not take much imagination to picture a likeness of the Image of the Beast anymore.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest AFlameOfFire

I was doing a search on AI being used on various Christian  forums and I recall getting a search result which said,

"How should Christians respond to AI"?

I recall pausing for a moment when I read that because the thought come to me, who exactly,  is being programmed there? 

52 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

When movies and television became available there was a lot of concern. 

Technology and Ideology are second and third only to Mediology.

Rev 13:4-5  So they worshiped the dragon who gave authority to the beast; and they worshiped the beast, saying, "Who is like the beast? Who is able to make war with him?"  (5)  And he was given a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies, and he was given authority to continue for forty-two months.

I was alive during television's infancy. Only the wealthy could afford air conditioning and electrical appliances until capitalism and better technology emerged. My dad was a television repairman for a while, and I watched him. His large case contains many different bulb tubes, oscilloscopes, etc.

Everyone wanted a TV set and waited until it became affordable to the single-wage earner of the home. In America, we had decency standards and FCC regulations stringently enforced. They were prohibited from showing a toilet or two adults in the same bed. Look at how far our morality, values, and standards have changed in that brief historical time.

Whenever I think they cannot delve deeper into perversion, I get another wake-up call.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

47 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

I was alive during television's infancy. Only the wealthy could afford air conditioning and electrical appliances until capitalism and better technology emerged. My dad was a television repairman for a while, and I watched him. His large case contains many different bulb tubes, oscilloscopes, etc.

I had a similar experience even though I grew up much later. My parents had one television in their house, my grandparents had one television in their house, and when I stayed with my friends it was the same case. Now it's not uncommon for multiple televisions in the same house, and a phone or computer can fill the role. Something that I think was key was that the televisions were almost always in some sort of common area where the family would gather. That ensured a certain level of supervision and decency. But with everyone having their own private method of media intake these days it's pretty easy to throw decency out the window because it removes most of the fear of consequences. From there what was once forbidden and indecent becomes normalized.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.54

As with all things, we should turn to the Bible when talking about AI.

What in the Bible should we be considering when we discuss AI and the way it does and will affect people?

I'm wondering, what events shown in Revelation might have an AI involvement of some kind?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  670
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

Technology is good when used by people who can control themselves, and not be controlled by technology. In fact . . . we are all conversing on Worthy sponsored technology.

I see not being able to put down smart phones as an discipline problem that gets in the way of interpersonal relations, and that same lack of discipline prevents development of social skills and normal communication.

Part of America's next war will undoubtedly include EMT weapons that will end much of technology's communications. So, my question is 'How will people who depend on technology fare when their devices no longer function?'  Withdrawals . . . mental health issues . . . isolation . . . ?

Just asking . . . . 

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  9.65
  • Days Won:  149

1 hour ago, FJK said:

As with all things, we should turn to the Bible when talking about AI.

What in the Bible should we be considering when we discuss AI and the way it does and will affect people?

I'm wondering, what events shown in Revelation might have an AI involvement of some kind?

I see the smart devices and phones much like a dependency on an artifical limb in a way. It becomes and engrained habit. I mean, if I'm sitting in a waiting room am I going to look at the wall art or get out my phone to check my email, or go on Worthy? In the grocery store checkout line, yep I'm going to check my email. At a family gathering not so much. I'll sit there for two or three hours and if my wife still isn't ready to go I'll pull out my phone to avoid going insane lol. 

I think Revelation infers things about tech. We know it will be used in a totalitarian system. Already is in China. 

Two words come to mind when I read threads like this, well actually three that mean similar things. Fear, concern and worry.

I think God has our back regardless, but we should be wary of being snared into tech in a way that holds it as more important than God in our lives. In Phillipians 4 we are told to be anxious for nothing. Maybe it doesn't affect others the same as me, but I think a lot of this leads to a negative view of the future instead of a victorious view of the future. We all get through that tunnel no matter what your views on the end times are. From what I gather, the tech has a serious hold on people in the future and most assuredly now as well.

For us worry should be off the table, anxious should be off the table, concern seems more sterile and acceptable because it has no fear in it for me, and only leads to more prayer.If we aren't concerned we won't reach out. If we are worried we are disabled.

• Thumbs Up 1