• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

On 12/10/2023 at 3:46 PM, other one said:

Two demons that I was studying in the mid to late 70s.

Inside people who were possessed, or spiritual entities presenting themselves in a form you could visibly see?

Edited by uncle_mike

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, uncle_mike said:

spiritual entities presenting themselves in a form you could visibly see?

Sometimes see, other times hear from inanimate objects.   Usually associated with rituals.   One with an Ouija board.

• Interesting! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.92
  • Days Won:  1

17 hours ago, other one said:

Sometimes see, other times hear from inanimate objects.   Usually associated with rituals.   One with an Ouija board.

People think a Ouija is a game intended for amusement.

It isn't.

it is an instrument of occultist divination, something to stay far away from.  You can end up paying a heavy price, and for a long time, if you involve yourself with it.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  80
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2

On 12/9/2023 at 3:57 PM, AFlameOfFire said:

If anything, it looks like people can be occupied haunted houses 

i don't desire to distract from the OP, but just wanted to comment my two cents worth on this. i've found spirits to be highly territorial and possessive over spaces. They covet a space like it is their home or den. And ive found these spaces to be anything; from an actual room in a house defined by walls and doors and windows, to an inanimate object defined by its materialistic boundaries, to a living person defined by their body. And they don't like to be without a space. They behave like it is very discomforting or torturous to be wandering around without a den. Even higher principalities covet their territorial spaces, such as over a region of land like a mountain, or a city, or a nation. And it is described in the Bible as being 'dry' to them, between these spaces. If you can imagine a human wandering around a very dry desert lost without a home..how discomforting that would be. And i feel this is kind of like what spirits feel when they dont possess a space. So on top of their pursuit of pulling and dividing and severing our connection to/with God, they cling to these spaces and don't like to let go of them. They go frantic in the 'dry' spaces, and desperate to find a new space to occupy. 

Equally important i have found is that once a space has been emptied of a evil spirit/s, you need to fill it back up with something. Because if you don't fill it back up, then there remains empty room in that space for them to return back. If a room or an inanimate object has been emptied of bad spirit, it should be prayed over, annointed over, claimed in the name of Jesus, the Spirit of God invited and welcomed into that space, etc. If a person has been delivered from a bad spirit, they need to fill their empty space with God, as soon as possible. They need to sit at Jesus's feet and spend intimate time with Jesus just like the man in the Bible who had just been delivered of legion demon. They found him sitting with Jesus and soaking Him in. We fill ourselves by soaking in God's Scriptures - the Word is God. We become filled with His Spirit, and with His Truths. And when we fill these spaces with godly things, then the evil spirits cannot return back.

Back to the OP though, i feel we cannot discount Books like Enoch to not contain any truth at all. Don't take me wrong, it is definitely not God's annointed Word. i do believe there was a race of giants on earth, as the bible also says there was. It is a shame the goverened institutions found it necessary to cover the majority of this up. But giant people did exist, taller than average height, and i believe they were their own race of people who are now gone. i believe this race of giant people were not part of God's original plan for His creation. He allowed it, but it was ultimately conceived out of sin, as the fruit of a sinful act. And we also know that sin was not God's plan for His creation either.

If you look into a demon's face (if it is showing its true self to you and not putting on a mask to spin a lie or appear like a friend) you will be horrified and deeply disturbed by its eyes, and the immense hatred and evil it has for you. Hatred that passes our understanding, and is hatred in itself. Why? It is because we are God's creation. We are loved by God. We are God's original and perfect plan which He has reconciled back to us through Jesus. And they are not. They were born from sin, out of sin. Such as the OP points at. And we are the enemy. They don't hate you because of your love for God. They hate us because of God's love for us! And so both sinners and believers are constantly attacked and oppressed by them. They hate us because we exist. All of us - believers and nonbelievers. They are bent on severing all of us from the love of God.

• Thumbs Up 2

You're right about this, consider the story of Jesus casting the demons into a heard of pigs because they didn't want to be without a home in someone.

As for Enoch, even Martin Luther said there was merit in reading it although it wasn't considered a holy scripture and was of uncertain origin.  I wouldn't recommend just jumping into it before a good understanding of Biblical scripture first, it can lead to weirdness without understanding if you do.

4 minutes ago, FJK said:

You're right about this, consider the story of Jesus casting the demons into a heard of pigs because they didn't want to be without a home in someone.

As for Enoch, even Martin Luther said there was merit in reading it although it wasn't considered a holy scripture and was of uncertain origin.  I wouldn't recommend just jumping into it before a good understanding of Biblical scripture first, it can lead to weirdness without understanding if you do.

8 New Testament Writers quoted from the Oral Tradition of Enoch.  It must be important enough to quote.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/12/2023 at 11:16 AM, other one said:

One with an Ouija board.

There is a "Christian" Website that has a picture of a Bible, with multiple hands touching it like the eye for a Ouija Board, and the writing on the Holy Bible is titled, "Biblija."   They took the basics of the Satanic Ouija Board and applied it to the Holy Word of God.   I don't even know what to say about it.

• Interesting! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, uncle_mike said:

There is a "Christian" Website that has a picture of a Bible, with multiple hands touching it like the eye for a Ouija Board, and the writing on the Holy Bible is titled, "Biblija."   They took the basics of the Satanic Ouija Board and applied it to the Holy Word of God.   I don't even know what to say about it.

The only two people I know who has used that kind of board, consider it the same as the Ouija, only contacting good spirits. I'm not sure how one could be that naive, but it takes all kinds.  Hopefully people will just think it is a game.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

22 hours ago, uncle_mike said:

I don't even know what to say about it.

Don't say anything, just keep yourself far away from it and those engaging in it.

There is nothing worth gaining to gain there.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,868
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

On 12/6/2023 at 11:24 AM, Who me said:

Where in the bible are we taught that spirits of the dead roam the earth?

The bible teaches that the spirits of the dead are in an afterlife awaiting the day of judgement.

So stop reading the book of Enoch and concentrate  on the bible.

Hmm so what about spirit possession. Clearly there were quite afew accounts in the bible about it. Did those spirits come from the afterlife to dwell among humans or sometimes in them?