IGNORED

The Times we Live in and what we need to do.

Marilyn C

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,109
  • Content Per Day:  3.29
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Hi,  As I see it very few individuals are scholars with knowledge of oldest languages used by man to record the word of God. Most individuals must rely on the work of dedicated scholars for both the word being carried forward in understandable language, as well as for best application of those words.  

So I do think it is good procedure to  be in prayer along with thinking as one reads those words and tries for best application to be made of them. Does the Holy Spirit's indwelling make for perfect understanding within  me as one example?  No  it seems it does not. As I have had change of understandings aplenty over the now decades of my own born again lifetime.

Yet that is what God has granted me, the Word in English, the Holy Spirit, and many a scholar with their expositions of the word, as they understand it through their prayer filled  reading and thinking, under the Holy Spirit's lead.

Even the very early churches whose participants likely were proficient in Hebrew as example, had differences of understanding that quickly developed. Large portions of the New Covenant are record of those differences, how very quickly they developed, and  the need for explanation and correction including repentance as some left their first love even while still doing good works.

That is why IMO so much of the writings in the New Covenant express liberty in the minors while adhering  commonly to the majors  of the gospels.

Be gentle with one another in the differences while rejoicing in the core the sufficiency of Yeshua's willing sacrifice of Himself for all those given  to Him by His Father, of whom He loses not a one.

Praise God for His mercy from everlasting to everlasting.

One of the most mature postings I've seen on this Forum. Thanks bro.

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  210
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,530
  • Content Per Day:  6.04
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

On 12/15/2023 at 10:15 AM, AdHoc said:

@Marilyn C @Marathoner @Mr. M @NConly

I appreciate your view of things. Each has his trust in Christ and this is good. Four of our Lord's disciples came to Jesus privately and asked Him three questions (Matt.24:3). Summarized, they asked what will be seen happening in the last days of this age. Our Lord Jesus told them this;

IN Matthew 24:1-31 our Lord outlined the way it would go for the disciples who were sent to the circumcision.
- Their Temple would shortly be destroyed
- There would be wars and famine and earthquakes
- False Christ's would arise
- The disciples, going to the circumcision would be hounded, cast out of synagogues and killed
- Those in Judea would witness the Abomination of Desolation
- Things are such that anybody who takes 45 second to get their coat will not make it
- Jacob's trouble will bring intense suffering unparalleled in the history of the universe
- Christ would burst through the clouds and the result would be mourning
- Angels would gather Israelites every where to their Land, but Daniel 12:1-2, speaking of this, says that a large portion will end up in their Land in everlasting disgrace

IN Matthew 24.32 - 25:30 our Lord outlined how it would go for the Church
- Some would "taken". The Greek word "paralambano" means "taken as a friend". The rest would left
- Those that were left would be left to a situation equivalent to Noah's day
- Those taken will be taken suddenly by one, who like a thief, only takes the precious things
- Those left are left because they had little worth
- The cause was "NOT WATCHING". They had the attitude, "Jesus will take care of it all"
- A diligent servant who did Jesus' will for a while turned and abused his fellow servants
- Virgins waiting for Christ the bridegroom also had the attitude of oil for free and missed the wedding feast
- Talented men in the Church misused their talent
- These four categories of Servants all though that no effort was needed and were cast out

At about the time these words of God were applicable - the end of the age - some servants were posting on a Forum. The general flavor was, "everything will be ok".

Amen my brother!  As per many discussions on here before, while the coming of the Lord is a wonderful thing, it will also be a fearful or sobering event.  Fearful for those not believing, and sobering for Christians.

There are far too many warnings about not running the race well and having our works burned up.  (Of course every regenerated one is saved, yet as through fire.) And this judging of the household of God extends to how ripe His crop (us) are - some will head the call effectively and will ripen before others.  As you and I believe, this translates to more than one rapture - first fruits and general harvest (those who still need to ripen in the summer's heat).

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,305
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

The Key points there are -

1. Eagerly waiting for the Lord`s return.

2. Encouraging and warning each other as we gather together more, (in 2`s and 3`s and that can be online, wherever as we are connected by the Holy Spirit and not rely on physical closeness.)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,859
  • Content Per Day:  12.25
  • Days Won:  31

21 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

The Key points there are -

1. Eagerly waiting for the Lord`s return.

2. Encouraging and warning each other as we gather together more, (in 2`s and 3`s and that can be online, wherever as we are connected by the Holy Spirit and not rely on physical closeness.)

Hi @Marilyn C (Good to see you again....)

I am reminded of Hebrews 10.25:

"Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching."

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  967
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,822
  • Content Per Day:  5.05
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 12/14/2023 at 7:01 PM, Marilyn C said:

`You will own nothing and be happy` is their catch cry, their answer to the world`s problems.

Gee that reads like it is Biblical, something right from the Lord's mouth to certain individuals mentioned within it. And by application for all today.

Evil does imitate Good. All that evil says is not necessarily evil, but instead gets used for an evil purpose.

Just a few samples from 100 Bible Verses about Giving Up Everything To Follow Jesus 

So therefore, any one of you who does not renounce all that he has cannot be my disciple.

Jesus said to him, “If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me.”

And he said to all, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.

And Jesus, looking at him, loved him, and said to him, “You lack one thing: go, sell all that you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me.”

Old testament seems to give the same commands given to many- Go, take nothing, do not look back, etc.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  298
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

the earth is included with the universe. I think the 3rd heaven includes a spiritual heaven

On 12/17/2023 at 10:47 AM, Vine Abider said:

There are far too many warnings about not running the race well and having our works burned up. 

Hi, I think the goal is more than to simply run well: 

"Striving for a Crown-

Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it.  And everyone who competes for the prize is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a perishable crown, but we for an imperishable crown.  Therefore I run thus: not with uncertainty. Thus I fight: not as one who beats the air.  But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified."

Run to win! Be the exception, be exceptional, run without let up, run with purpose, run to win, for winning does change everything!

• Thumbs Up 1

Question? If Jesus was here today, would his followers be fighting in Israel?

On 12/20/2023 at 1:37 PM, Know Jah said:

Question? If Jesus was here today, would his followers be fighting in Israel?

At His command, yes. 

I beg to differ, based on what he told Peter when he cut off the ear as well as the history of the early Christians who didn't engage in war.