chongjasmine

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Hi there @chongjasmine -a bit late to the party but WELCOME to Worthy!

I use a few but have not signed on or downloaded any apps ,I use the free versions and just have the sites bookmarked

E-Sword,You Version and Blueletter but on my phone I use BibleGateway.com as @other one mentuoned" it's the easiest " -I agree

With love in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,350
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

My choice for Iphone and Ipad is Laridan... good folks! Buy it once and use it on all devices...

Guest AFlameOfFire
8 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Oh Sis now you know I don't know much anything about the internet,apps etc

But can't you upload a Bible and info onto a PDF and save it your computer files- does thst require being " online" to view what you Saved that way?Or a flash drive or something like that?

And btw,I'm not even sure about what I'm trying to suggest!lol

Love you Sis❤️

Hey Sister Kwik-ster! I sure hope today finds you well, our great God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ richly bless you! 

And you know Sis, that's okay, because I don't even know what I am asking half the time (so I can relate there).

And I have seen a couple of those PDF's you mention, which are perfect for passive reading.  My problem with PDF's is that not all PDF's allow you to copy paste from them which is pretty important to me for building a study off of.

Just looking for a basic search (which aids in finding a word or verse and something I can copy paste from in order to build various studies off of).

I do not want or need maps, commentaries, lexicons or concordances, access to libraries or anything else built into it just the ability to read the bible offline with the ability to search for a verse or word (and obviously the ability to copy paste from it).

Not for a phone but for a laptop.

I don't have an I phone or any sort of smart phone or tablet, but I do have two laptops, one with the ancient Windows 7 on it and the one I am on now with  Windows 10 on it.

I am also not thrilled about going to Windows 11 needing a Microsoft account in order to operate any computer (even offline) which is the other motivator for my deciding against being online any longer. What a jerk move, just not interested .

So I had previously closed anything store related online, removed and cancelled the credit card associated with the stores, moved to gift cards (temporarily) got the phone numbers for the things I buy frequently and permissions to order over the phone for these items, and yesterday I finally cancelled all online banking and immediately set out to look for an offline bible software. And that's where I am stuck, and I thought, hey, maybe the  Lord is giving me hope in my intended end game plan here when I saw this thread (haha). 

If I cannot find one, I did buy some extra large print bibles though, because these old eyes don't work like my younger ones. My youngin' day bibles are all these $5 tiny print bibles which look like someone shot wet rainbow skittles all over the pages (haha, I had always loved my highlighters) whether offline or online.

You know, I recall going from paper to the computer and that was an adjustment ( I was very late to the internet of things) but I become very soon amazed by it within a short space. Whereas on the other hand when I was learning to read (and compare ) using a paper bible it took years to begin to know where things were at. More of a disadvantage there as well, teaching myself to read beyond a 5th grade reading average by the scriptures at the time. And right now, I very much regret losing my rhythm in handling paper book, or that ability to page more quickly back and forth by way of comparison which had developed over that time and have since diminished because of using an online bible.

On the one hand the online bible did me a great service too (as long as its available) but wow, it really puts me back at a disadvantage because I lost my previous ability (acquired through practice) to page through the paper book quickly (and that was something that actually happens naturally as you become more familiar it). 

So it feels like one big "thud" if you know what I mean. Going from an online bible back to paper is quite the downgraded experience. 

But give me a basic digital offline sword of the Lord and all is good to go here (here's hoping anyway)

4 hours ago, AFlameOfFire said:

Hey Sister Kwik-ster! I sure hope today finds you well, our great God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ richly bless you! 

And you know Sis, that's okay, because I don't even know what I am asking half the time (so I can relate there).

And I have seen a couple of those PDF's you mention, which are perfect for passive reading.  My problem with PDF's is that not all PDF's allow you to copy paste from them which is pretty important to me for building a study off of.

Just looking for a basic search (which aids in finding a word or verse and something I can copy paste from in order to build various studies off of).

I do not want or need maps, commentaries, lexicons or concordances, access to libraries or anything else built into it just the ability to read the bible offline with the ability to search for a verse or word (and obviously the ability to copy paste from it).

Not for a phone but for a laptop.

I don't have an I phone or any sort of smart phone or tablet, but I do have two laptops, one with the ancient Windows 7 on it and the one I am on now with  Windows 10 on it.

I am also not thrilled about going to Windows 11 needing a Microsoft account in order to operate any computer (even offline) which is the other motivator for my deciding against being online any longer. What a jerk move, just not interested .

So I had previously closed anything store related online, removed and cancelled the credit card associated with the stores, moved to gift cards (temporarily) got the phone numbers for the things I buy frequently and permissions to order over the phone for these items, and yesterday I finally cancelled all online banking and immediately set out to look for an offline bible software. And that's where I am stuck, and I thought, hey, maybe the  Lord is giving me hope in my intended end game plan here when I saw this thread (haha). 

If I cannot find one, I did buy some extra large print bibles though, because these old eyes don't work like my younger ones. My youngin' day bibles are all these $5 tiny print bibles which look like someone shot wet rainbow skittles all over the pages (haha, I had always loved my highlighters) whether offline or online.

You know, I recall going from paper to the computer and that was an adjustment ( I was very late to the internet of things) but I become very soon amazed by it within a short space. Whereas on the other hand when I was learning to read (and compare ) using a paper bible it took years to begin to know where things were at. More of a disadvantage there as well, teaching myself to read beyond a 5th grade reading average by the scriptures at the time. And right now, I very much regret losing my rhythm in handling paper book, or that ability to page more quickly back and forth by way of comparison which had developed over that time and have since diminished because of using an online bible.

On the one hand the online bible did me a great service too (as long as its available) but wow, it really puts me back at a disadvantage because I lost my previous ability (acquired through practice) to page through the paper book quickly (and that was something that actually happens naturally as you become more familiar it). 

So it feels like one big "thud" if you know what I mean. Going from an online bible back to paper is quite the downgraded experience. 

But give me a basic digital offline sword of the Lord and all is good to go here (here's hoping anyway)

I'm still in paper- I've never gotten on board with the internet - if the internet was gone tomorrow life would go on as usual for me except for WCF and an Animal site( but I havd good friends addresses and phones)

Problem is,no land lines anymore( not in Florida) - they actually think a cordless wifi phone is a land line and advertise as such- so,no wifi/no phone!Sorry,real idiot move on the part of the masses..... the internet goes down and the world is crippled( mobile,cell be okay for a time )- I'd be happy as a little lark!

Guest AFlameOfFire
1 hour ago, kwikphilly said:

I'm still in paper- I've never gotten on board with the internet - if the internet was gone tomorrow life would go on as usual for me except for WCF and an Animal site( but I havd good friends addresses and phones)

Problem is,no land lines anymore( not in Florida) - they actually think a cordless wifi phone is a land line and advertise as such- so,no wifi/no phone!Sorry,real idiot move on the part of the masses..... the internet goes down and the world is crippled( mobile,cell be okay for a time )- I'd be happy as a little lark!

I am in paper in most other things, I just left off reading the bible as paper. That I regret.

Although I would prefer to shop online at a glance and a click I had to gather me up all the phone numbers of the shops I frequent for the various things we actually use that cannot be found as easily locally. But that matters very little to call in for things versus using the internet to obtain them, so I could get used to that.

Although I would miss You tube at times for learning things, like recipes and do it yourself projects and getting up to date on certain things, because I do not watch TV. I don't like to passively watch programs on TV as a habit. But I do like videos on things that teach me how to do things (like make soap, recipes, fix things etc.) that is really helpful to me, but I have collected and printed off a large library of things in the recipe/  do it yourself sort of things, and that will have to do.

I will miss the online forums a little (although not as much now seeing how my prior options were squeezed out on the other one, so not so much anymore there). Sort of glad I am not there when I visit I feel ill to my stomach.

My biggest one remains the bible search engine, that ones got my goat (or my sheep?) haha

I'll live, but certainly not as happily without one of those.

All that is needed now is for me to wean myself off this thing so when its necessary to do so it will be less difficult to do so.

In the meantime I will utilize the online bible search engine and figure out what else I can do to gather some things there, and see what I can find, then wean myself off this thing haha.

God richly bless you Sister

P.S If anyone finds something like what I am looking for please drop me a note, if you think about it.

3 hours ago, AFlameOfFire said:

I am in paper in most other things, I just left off reading the bible as paper. That I regret.

Although I would prefer to shop online at a glance and a click I had to gather me up all the phone numbers of the shops I frequent for the various things we actually use that cannot be found as easily locally. But that matters very little to call in for things versus using the internet to obtain them, so I could get used to that.

Although I would miss You tube at times for learning things, like recipes and do it yourself projects and getting up to date on certain things, because I do not watch TV. I don't like to passively watch programs on TV as a habit. But I do like videos on things that teach me how to do things (like make soap, recipes, fix things etc.) that is really helpful to me, but I have collected and printed off a large library of things in the recipe/  do it yourself sort of things, and that will have to do.

I will miss the online forums a little (although not as much now seeing how my prior options were squeezed out on the other one, so not so much anymore there). Sort of glad I am not there when I visit I feel ill to my stomach.

My biggest one remains the bible search engine, that ones got my goat (or my sheep?) haha

I'll live, but certainly not as happily without one of those.

All that is needed now is for me to wean myself off this thing so when its necessary to do so it will be less difficult to do so.

In the meantime I will utilize the online bible search engine and figure out what else I can do to gather some things there, and see what I can find, then wean myself off this thing haha.

God richly bless you Sister

P.S If anyone finds something like what I am looking for please drop me a note, if you think about it.

Sure thing-Id be interested as well becsuse I do like having BibleGateway for example when on the phone- at my desk(where the desk top is) I have my books and they can be spread out on it- it's such a habit turning pages,I notice in church that I have a Scripture reference turning pages faster than the folks typing it in their app- its just easier when it's what you are used to -as you noted earlier

I'll certainly let you know if I come across what you are looking for--- yes,the copy/paste is the biggest advantage for notes,I agree   funny thing,I still can't on my phone,don't know how-lol

Guest AFlameOfFire
26 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Sure thing-Id be interested as well becsuse I do like having BibleGateway for example when on the phone- at my desk(where the desk top is) I have my books and they can be spread out on it- it's such a habit turning pages,I notice in church that I have a Scripture reference turning pages faster than the folks typing it in their app- its just easier when it's what you are used to -as you noted earlier

I'll certainly let you know if I come across what you are looking for--- yes,the copy/paste is the biggest advantage for notes,I agree   funny thing,I still can't on my phone,don't know how-lol

Too funny, and very believable Sis! 

And thanks, I am having zero luck with this

God bless

37 minutes ago, AFlameOfFire said:

Too funny, and very believable Sis! 

And thanks, I am having zero luck with this

God bless

Sis- you did say you don't use your phone for internet,right?If so then why not just download a translation you prefer from YouVersion? They definitely have free offline Bible Versions avaliable ,no wifi needed use it on a cell phone-give them a call and ask about the conputer,I believe they have a customer service phone number

Just now, kwikphilly said:

Sis- you did say you don't use your phone for internet,right?If so then why not just download a translation you prefer from YouVersion? They definitely have free offline Bible Versions avaliable ,no wifi needed use it on a cell phone-give them a call and ask about the conputer,I believe they have a customer service phone number

And it supposedly takes up little space