IGNORED

Bible softwares recommendation?

chongjasmine

Guest AFlameOfFire
11 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Downloadable? ??? 

Sorry I never answered that part, sure if I can download and shut off the internet and it will work that way I am fine with that but if I have to be online to use it I can't use it. But that's still the same with some CD's I have ESword but still requires me to be online to use it, I find that strange.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  962
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,724
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 minute ago, AFlameOfFire said:

Do you have a link to this one? I honestly just want the bible, something I can search for a verse, even if only by a word and just something I can copy paste from and study that way, nothing else because I use nothing else, I mean if it has to come with other stuff that's fine I will just not use that other stuff haha

Hi if you send an PM I will respond back with the links for you. You may then decide if they might fit the need or not.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.60
  • Days Won:  327

32 minutes ago, AFlameOfFire said:

That Biblia  thing is another language called "La Biblia" app

I never quite mastered English let alone Spanish :laugh:

Oh really? But she only speaks English ...

I don't know -all I do know is in the event there's some worldwide shut down or you and I decide to " go dark" we ( you and I)still won't ever lose touch.....  that's all I really care about in regards to all of this ,people I love in my life❤️

I can't imagine trying to read on a one & a half inch screen- I can barely see the 6" screen

Guest AFlameOfFire
4 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Hi if you send an PM I will respond back with the links for you. You may then decide if they might fit the need or not.

I PMed you, thanks!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,670
  • Content Per Day:  12.19
  • Days Won:  31

On 12/31/2023 at 12:23 AM, chongjasmine said:

What bible softwares are you using and why do you recommend them?

@chongjasmine Biblegateway is a good way of looking up verses............

Guest AFlameOfFire
2 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Oh really? But she only speaks English ...

I don't know -all I do know is in the event there's some worldwide shut down or you and I decide to " go dark" we ( you and I)still won't ever lose touch.....  that's all I really care about in regards to all of this ,people I love in my life❤️

I can't imagine trying to read on a one & a half inch screen- I can barely see the 6" screen

That's what I pulled up when I Duckduckgo'd it Sis.

And you see that? Most the world has forgotten about pencils and paper (all stocked up on that too) and so when all goes dark they will lose all their contacts which are locked up in their devices haha! But not us, we will do a snail mail fellowship :laugh: Love you too Sis. I  sure hope they have horse and buggy delivery mail service then haha

It will be like the ancient historical days, we'll recreate a old fad 

And yeah a 6 inch is bad enough, mine is hopeless. I would get finger cramps typing on a phone, it does not look comfortable to type on that thing at all.

Guest AFlameOfFire

Its 3:30 AM I am hitting the sheets, and I will check out Neighbors links then, thanks again to you both for helping me out in my quest for the Sword of the Lord in digital offline form, I appreciate your time and efforts.

God richly bless you, peace

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  670
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  0

Blue Letter Bible. I use it on my Ip hone and Windows PC. It has downloadable versions of various flavors with the KJV as the default that comes with the initial download of the software. It has some rich features of interlinear concordance, commentaries, strongs, and more. I use the PC version for copy paste into documents.

I suppose it just comes down to how you use the Bible and what makes sense to you as far as ease of use. My default translation is the KJV which is available on most if not all Electric bible media platforms, so for me, electronic bibles are a great way to study because they have so many tools.

However . . . I have noticed that in church my Bible 'dexterity' has been reduced which is sometimes awkward (let the reader understand). Another issue to be considered is that electronic bible programs could become unavailable in the future, as they are susceptible to EMT and other threats as our phones and PCs are. So my advice is to have an printed copy of your favorite bible version(s) always available on hand in case electronics somehow are not working one day.

Grace and Peace . . . Ray . .  

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  349
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,518
  • Content Per Day:  2.69
  • Days Won:  1

On 1/6/2024 at 1:25 AM, AFlameOfFire said:

Anyone know of any basic  zero app, *offline usable only* sort of bible software?

I was telling Kwik last week that I had this desire to go back to a "pre online" life and just hit the paper book (scriptures) but to be quite honest that's the difficulty (for me) because I am addicted to the speed of an  online bible and would be really miserable going offline altogether without having one downloaded.  Which is all that's left for me to do, being last on my "death to the internet" bucket list (haha)

Why does this seem like a difficult thing to find though? 

This is a very timely thread.

And I do not want anything fancy  just a very basic Blue letter bible layout, which is a very simple word/verse search sort of software for offline use, and that's it. And regardless of how basic I really don't mind it costing a lot more so long as I can work with it offline.

Is there such a thing?

If I understand your question correctly?

There are “free” versions of the Bible and Bible apps for your PC or tablet that will speed up and enhance your study time, independent of access to the internet once downloaded. They come with a minimum of the basics, Bible, concordance, and maybe a Strong’s dictionary.

Once downloaded from the internet to your PC or tablet, you do not need internet access to use them; most functions will work offline. But, as you know, a computer only lasts so long, then you are back online restoring everything you lost.

I truly understand why you want to disconnect and wish you luck. But currently, the trend and goal are just the opposite, and it is becoming more challenging to get off the grid entirely by the day.

If you are interested in a recommendation for a downloadable Bible software package and why that is affordable (not free) and does not break the bank, let me know.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,238
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

On 12/30/2023 at 10:23 PM, chongjasmine said:

What bible softwares are you using and why do you recommend them?

There are like 6 I have/use. Two free come to mind, E-sword and The Word.