• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,143
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Charlie744 said:

You, once again, have not given any consideration to the comments I made to your last response. The book of Daniel is about the first coming of our Lord and Savior. It was written to and for the Jews when they return to Jerusalem and everything is once again restored. The Messiah is the most important subject in the Scriptures and certainly in Daniel. 

You are entitled to your own opinions. Best wishes, Charlie 

Charlie, the book of Daniel and all of the books of the bible have to mesh with Ezekiel 39.   Your understanding of Daniel does not mesh with Ezekiel 39.

Ezekiel 39 first - then you start working on those other books.   

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,272
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, douggg said:

the 7 year 70th week of Daniel 9 is the 7 years of verses 9-10 in Ezekiel 39, following the Gog/Magog event.

-----------------------------------------

Gog/Magog, then the 7 years, then Armageddon verses 17-20, then Jesus's Second Coming verses 21-29.

Hi dougg,

I don't see anything in Daniel 9:27 that would correspond to Ezekiel 39:9-10.

Likewise, I don't see anything in Ezekiel 39:9-10 that a person would say "yes, that's Daniel 9:27.

The only thing in those 2 references that are the same is the number "seven".

All of Ezekiel 38 is talking about Gog/Magog War. 

Look at Ezekiel 38:20:

" The fish of the sea, the birds of the heavens, the beasts of the field, all the creeping things that creep on the earth, and all the men who are on the face of the earth will shake at MY PRESENCE; the mountains will also be thrown down, the steep pathways will collapse and every wall will fall to the ground"

Jesus  is on the earth at this point.....His PRESENCE. 

Verse 23:

" I will magnify Myself, sanctify Myself, and make Myself known in the SIGHT of many nations, and they will KNOW that I am the Lord"

Ezekiel 39:7:

" My Holy Name I will make known in the midst of My people Israel; and I will not let My Holy Name be profaned anymore. And the nations will know that I am the Lord, the HOLY ONE IN ISRAEL. "

Ezekiel tells us that Jesus is IN Israel, on the ground, in the midst of His people.......

All the nations will know that He is the Lord..... IN ISRAEL.

His name will not be profaned anymore...... because He is NOW RULING IN ISRAEL.

It can't be anymore clear!

God enters into judgment with Gog in Ezekiel 38:22, with pestilence and with blood, with torrential rain, with hailstones, with fire and brimstone. This is a clear reference to the trumpet and bowl judgments in Revelation.

In Ezekiel 39:17-20 is the great Supper of God Almighty for the birds of the air and the beasts of the field....Rev 19:17:

"Then I saw an angel standing in the sun, and he cried out with a loud voice, saying to all the birds which fly in midheaven, “Come, assemble for the great supper of God,

so that you may eat the flesh of kings and the flesh of commanders and the flesh of mighty men and the flesh of horses and of those who sit on them and the flesh of all men, both free men and slaves, and small and great.

And I saw the beast and the kings of the earth and their armies assembled to make war against Him who sat on the horse and against His army"

This is the final battle..... the war of Armageddon.

Just because Israel burns weapons for seven years....... does not automatically mean that the seven years are the same as other events with seven in them. There is nothing that says that this cannot happen in the first seven years of the millennium.

• This is Worthy 1

4 hours ago, JoeCanada said:

I don't see anything in Daniel 9:27 that would correspond to Ezekiel 39:9-10.

Likewise, I don't see anything in Ezekiel 39:9-10 that a person would say "yes, that's Daniel 9:27.

The only thing in those 2 references that are the same is the number "seven".

Ezekiel 39:9-10 by itself would not say "yes, that's Daniel 9:27.

But by verses 21-29 being Jesus Himself speaking in the text having returned to this earth, His Second Coming, matching with Matthew 24:30b, His Second Coming AND verses 17-30 matching with Revelation 19:17-18 as being Armageddon - then, yes, the 7 years in verses 9-10 are infallible as the 7 years of Daniel 9:27.

Also, in verse 22...

22 So the house of Israel shall know that I am the LORD their God from that day and forward.

The Jews currently do not believe that Jesus is the LORD their God.    But at the time of Jesus's Second Coming that will all change.

Also, in verse 28...

28 Then shall they know that I am the LORD their God, which caused them to be led into captivity among the heathen: but I have gathered them unto their own land, and have left none of them any more there.

....is the "gathering" of the elect of Matthew 24:31 taking place at Jesus's Second Coming.

4 hours ago, JoeCanada said:

Just because Israel burns weapons for seven years....... does not automatically mean that the seven years are the same as other events with seven in them. There is nothing that says that this cannot happen in the first seven years of the millennium.

No, Gog/Magog cannot be Armageddon because Armageddon takes place not when Israel is at rest, but at the peak of the great tribulation.

As far as Ezekiel 39:7, many Jews in Israel are not that religious, and are lukewarm at best. But because of the supernatural destruction of Gog's army, the whole nation will turn back to God.

They will have messiah fever - and will mistakenly think the prince who shall come in Daniel 9:26 is their messiah... and the 7 years proceed from there. 

6 hours ago, douggg said:

As far as Ezekiel 39:7, many Jews in Israel are not that religious, and are lukewarm at best. But because of the supernatural destruction of Gog's army, the whole nation will turn back to God.

They will have messiah fever - and will mistakenly think the prince who shall come in Daniel 9:26 is their messiah... and the 7 years proceed from there.

Then please explain this:

Ezekiel 39:7 says:

"My holy name I will make known in the midst of My people Israel; and I will not let My holy name be profaned anymore.....

Right here, Jesus is stating that He will be in their midst.... plain and simple.

And He won't let His Holy Name be profaned any more. If the Jews mistakenly think that the prince who will come from Dan 7 is the true messiah...... you are saying that the Jews will no longer profane the name of God for the entire 7 years, even when they know they are being hoodwinked? Even under more persecution? 

Then:

" And the nations will know that I am the Lord, the HOLY ONE IN ISRAEL"

Do you see it? 

"THE HOLY ONE..... IN...IN...IN...IN... ISRAEL" 

Again, Jesus is at this point IN Israel.

Jesus is IN Israel!

Jesus is IN Israel! 

Ezekiel can't be more clear!

Please explain this......They will have messiah fever - and will mistakenly think the prince who shall come in Daniel 9:26 is their messiah... and the 7 years proceed from there."

And yet.....Jesus is IN Israel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!               

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, JoeCanada said:

Then please explain this:

Ezekiel 39:7 says:

"My holy name I will make known in the midst of My people Israel; and I will not let My holy name be profaned anymore.....

Right here, Jesus is stating that He will be in their midst.... plain and simple.

And He won't let His Holy Name be profaned any more. If the Jews mistakenly think that the prince who will come from Dan 7 is the true messiah...... you are saying that the Jews will no longer profane the name of God for the entire 7 years, even when they know they are being hoodwinked? Even under more persecution? 

Then:

Do you see it? 

"THE HOLY ONE..... IN...IN...IN...IN... ISRAEL" 

Again, Jesus is at this point IN Israel.

Jesus is IN Israel!

Jesus is IN Israel! 

Ezekiel can't be more clear!

Please explain this......They will have messiah fever - and will mistakenly think the prince who shall come in Daniel 9:26 is their messiah... and the 7 years proceed from there."

And yet.....Jesus is IN Israel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!               

No, Ezekiel 39:7 is not Jesus physically present in Israel, nor that the Jews at that time will know that Jesus is the LORD their God.

Not profaning God's name anymore goes back to Ezekiel 36:15-36, when the Jews were first taken captives into the nations, because of the idols in the land of Israel.    That their enemies were able to do it, it made it look like the God of Israel was unable to defend them.

When Gog/Magog takes place, that notion that the God of Israel is incapable to defend them will be demonstrably proven wrong.    Also, among the nations that God destroys their armies, it will show that the God of Israel is not Allah of Islam.

Ezekiel 36:

18 Wherefore I poured my fury upon them for the blood that they had shed upon the land, and for their idols wherewith they had polluted it:

19 And I scattered them among the heathen, and they were dispersed through the countries: according to their way and according to their doings I judged them.

20 And when they entered unto the heathen, whither they went, they profaned my holy name, when they said to them, These are the people of the LORD, and are gone forth out of his land.

Verse 20 is the heathen saying that the Jews were the people of the God of Israel, and yet they are gone out of the land.    Making it look like the God of Israel was incapable of defending them from their enemies.

23 And I will sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the heathen, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, saith the Lord GOD, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes.

24 For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.

Taking the Jews out from the nations has happened (not complete yet of course) and back into the land of Israel.     When Gog/Magog takes place, God will sanctify His holy name by showing he is fully capable of defending his people.   In both the eyes of the heathen and the eyes of His on people.

Edited by douggg

6 hours ago, douggg said:

No, Ezekiel 39:7 is not Jesus physically present in Israel, nor that the Jews at that time will know that Jesus is the LORD their God

What can I say dougg.

Ezekiel 39:7 explicitly says that Jesus is IN Israel.

Of the 30 plus references to "The Holy One OF Israel..... there is only one reference to "The Holy One IN Israel." 

Why you refute the clear teaching of the Holy Spirit is beyond me.

In Ezekiel 36 you only went as far as verse 24. Why did you stop there?

Verses 25 onward speaks of what the Lord will do with the Jews at the end of time:

25:   "Then I will sprinkle clean water on you and you will be clean (hasn't happened)

26:   "Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh (hasn't happened)

27:    " I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes (hasn't happened)

12 minutes ago, JoeCanada said:

What can I say dougg.

Ezekiel 39:7 explicitly says that Jesus is IN Israel.

Of the 30 plus references to "The Holy One OF Israel..... there is only one reference to "The Holy One IN Israel." 

The whole verse is...

7 So will I make my holy name known in the midst of my people Israel; and I will not let them pollute my holy name any more: and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, the Holy One in Israel.

Three parts to that verse that all have to do with God's reputation.

1.  So will I make my holy name known in the midst of my people Israel;

2.  and I will not let them pollute my holy name any more:

3.  and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, the Holy One in Israel.

In part 3, God is made known to the heathen, who in chapter 36 questioned His ability to defend his people, that He is among his people Israel in spirit .     Not that He is present, viewable as Jesus in that verse, when Jesus returns to stand on the Mt of Olives, at Armageddon.

Armageddon is in verses 17-20.   And Jesus's Second Coming is in verses 21-29.   As the whole world, the tribes of the earth, will see  Jesus coming in power and great glory in Matthew 24:30b.

On 2/9/2024 at 8:36 AM, douggg said:

In part 3, God is made known to the heathen, who in chapter 36 questioned His ability to defend his people, that He is among his people Israel in spirit .     Not that He is present, viewable as Jesus in that verse,

When a person has their anchor deep in the sea bed it's hard for them to sometimes see the light. 

To "spiritualize" a passage as in Ezekiel 39:7 when it is clear it is physical is changing the meaning. 

There are some 30 passages in scripture that talk of the "Holy One of Israel". Those passages are "spiritual". 

Example...... Isa 43:3..... “For I am the LORD your God,
The Holy One of Israel, your Savior" 

And........... Isa 47:4..... "Our Redeemer, the LORD of hosts is His name,
The Holy One of Israel"

Also........... Isa 54:5........... “For your husband is your Maker,
Whose name is the LORD of hosts;
And your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel,
Who is called the God of all the earth"

It is quite clear from these 3 examples that the Holy One of Israel is not physically IN Israel. These passages and all the rest that speak of the Holy One of Israel are "spiritual".

There is only ONE passage that speaks to the Lord being physically present in Israel. And that ONE passage is Ezekiel 39:7...... 

"My holy name I will make known in the midst of My people Israel; and I will not let My holy name be profaned anymore. And the nations will know that I am the LORD, the Holy One in Israel"

Don't try and change the meaning of a passage to fit in with your theory.

• Well Said! 1

26 minutes ago, JoeCanada said:

It is quite clear from these 3 examples that the Holy One of Israel is not physically IN Israel. These passages and all the rest that speak of the Holy One of Israel are "spiritual".

There is only ONE passage that speaks to the Lord being physically present in Israel. And that ONE passage is Ezekiel 39:7...... 

"My holy name I will make known in the midst of My people Israel; and I will not let My holy name be profaned anymore. And the nations will know that I am the LORD, the Holy One in Israel"

Don't try and change the meaning of a passage to fit in with your theory.

Joe, Jesus's Second Coming which all the earth will see Him is at the Armageddon event.   The Armageddon event is in Ezekiel 39:17-20, not 7 years before.

The Pope cannot be the Antichrist.  Neither can the Mahdi be the Antichrist.

"Anti" - instead of and/or against.

Christ - messiah, John 4:25
Christ - King of Israel, John 12:13, Mark 15:32, Matthew 27:42

AntiChrist - instead of and against Jesus, the true King of Israel messiah.

The Antichrist must be a Jew, who's religion is judaism, in order to be anointed the King fo Israel, thought-to-be messiah.