• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.47
  • Days Won:  1

Mathew 24

And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

All these are the beginning of sorrows.

Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:

18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.

19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!

20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:

21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

25 Behold, I have told you before.

26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Daniel 11

31 And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.

32 And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.

33 And they that understand among the people shall instruct many: yet they shall fall by the sword, and by flame, by captivity, and by spoil, many days.

34 Now when they shall fall, they shall be holpen with a little help: but many shall cleave to them with flatteries.

35 And some of them of understanding shall fall, to try them, and to purge, and to make them white, even to the time of the end: because it is yet for a time appointed.

36 And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done.

37 Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.

38 But in his estate shall he honour the God of forces: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honour with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things.

39 Thus shall he do in the most strong holds with a strange god, whom he shall acknowledge and increase with glory: and he shall cause them to rule over many, and shall divide the land for gain.

40 And at the time of the end shall the king of the south push at him: and the king of the north shall come against him like a whirlwind, with chariots, and with horsemen, and with many ships; and he shall enter into the countries, and shall overflow and pass over.

41 He shall enter also into the glorious land, and many countries shall be overthrown: but these shall escape out of his hand, even Edom, and Moab, and the chief of the children of Ammon.

42 He shall stretch forth his hand also upon the countries: and the land of Egypt shall not escape.

43 But he shall have power over the treasures of gold and of silver, and over all the precious things of Egypt: and the Libyans and the Ethiopians shall be at his steps.

44 But tidings out of the east and out of the north shall trouble him: therefore he shall go forth with great fury to destroy, and utterly to make away many.

45 And he shall plant the tabernacles of his palace between the seas in the glorious holy mountain; yet he shall come to his end, and none shall help him.

12 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

Revelation 11

But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.

These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.

And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.

10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

11 And after three days and an half the spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.

12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.

13 And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.

14 The second woe is past; and, behold, the third woe cometh quickly.

15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

16 And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God,

17 Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.

18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

Edited by Shilohsfoal

Daniel 12:4

But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,937
  • Content Per Day:  3.07

I guess thats Moses and Elijah leading the 144k Hebrew like the ole time dessert.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,033
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  0

There are three peoples on earth as the Day of the Lord approaches.
1. Those born of Noah via Adam - commonly called the Nations
2. Those born of Adam via Abraham via Jacob - commonly called "The Nation of Israel"
3. Those born by the Holy Spirit by faith - the Church

Although the Church was "appointed " to be saved from the Great Tribulation, a great company of them were found unworthy to be raptured before the said Tribulation (Lk.21:35-36). Because some were ripe and some unripe, the harvest that the Lord institutes causes the House "to be broken up" (Matt.24:43). This leaves numbers 1 and 2 to their fate. The Nations had their crisis at Noah's time when all the earth was judged, and Israel had her crisis at Elijah's time when God shut up heaven for 3½ years. The question then remains; 1. "Who WITNESSED the universal judgment at Noah's time?", and 2. "Who WITNESSED the judgment on Israel's idolatry?" Since both must die at the hand of the Beast, and Hebrews 9:27 guarantees that a man only dies once, the only characters who are both living and who WITNESSED this catastrophic time, AND WHO ARE STILL ALIVE, are Enoch and Elijah.

- The word "WITNESSES" in the Greek does not mean "Evangelists" who witness what Jesus did and said. It means; "those who saw something which they are prepared to report on even if its costs them death"

- There is not one recorded case in the whole Bible of a man dying twice. Death is the wages of "sin" (singular - Rom.6:23). If God raised up a man and then cast him into death again, God would have to impute evil to the man. Perish the thought!

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,467
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

On 1/23/2024 at 4:43 PM, AdHoc said:

There are three peoples on earth as the Day of the Lord approaches.
1. Those born of Noah via Adam - commonly called the Nations
2. Those born of Adam via Abraham via Jacob - commonly called "The Nation of Israel"
3. Those born by the Holy Spirit by faith - the Church

Although the Church was "appointed " to be saved from the Great Tribulation, a great company of them were found unworthy to be raptured before the said Tribulation (Lk.21:35-36). Because some were ripe and some unripe, the harvest that the Lord institutes causes the House "to be broken up" (Matt.24:43). This leaves numbers 1 and 2 to their fate. The Nations had their crisis at Noah's time when all the earth was judged, and Israel had her crisis at Elijah's time when God shut up heaven for 3½ years. The question then remains; 1. "Who WITNESSED the universal judgment at Noah's time?", and 2. "Who WITNESSED the judgment on Israel's idolatry?" Since both must die at the hand of the Beast, and Hebrews 9:27 guarantees that a man only dies once, the only characters who are both living and who WITNESSED this catastrophic time, AND WHO ARE STILL ALIVE, are Enoch and Elijah.

- The word "WITNESSES" in the Greek does not mean "Evangelists" who witness what Jesus did and said. It means; "those who saw something which they are prepared to report on even if its costs them death"

- There is not one recorded case in the whole Bible of a man dying twice. Death is the wages of "sin" (singular - Rom.6:23). If God raised up a man and then cast him into death again, God would have to impute evil to the man. Perish the thought!

Good morning (here), AdHoc,

I realize we have had several discussions on the following before, and I value your opinion.

First, let me ask your view on the timing of the harpazo. Do you think the church is entirely exempt from Daniel's 70th week or only the time of Jacob's trouble (a.k.a. the 3.5-year Great Tribulation)?

Our main exegetical differences lie in the age of Grace, where our souls go upon death. The following is plain enough to where both the believer's and non-believer's spirits and bodies go at bodily death:

Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it. (Ecclesiastes 12:7)

I think where we part views is you believe our souls still go to Hades, even after the resurrection of our Lord, correct?

It is also plainly stated:

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: (Hebrews 9:27)

Matt.27 52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, 53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many. [emphasis mine]

I recall you quoted Vine's Dictionary before. Vine's Explanation for sleep is interesting. 27:52, that being after Christ's ascension.

It is puzzling; no information is mentioned or given about those who were asleep as to what happened or where they went after they were quickened, made alive again from their sleep. I conjecture only three possibilities:

• They had to die twice.
  • They returned from whence they came, i.e., Abraham's bosom (Hades).
  • They were resurrected after Christ (first fruit) w/o glorified bodies, and at some point, were Raptured to the 3rd Heaven. They await the pretribulation, resurrection, and glorification of our bodies, returning with the rest of us at Christ's 2nd Advent.  

I prefer the latter view in the grand scheme of scripture. Why they are not elaborated on for such astounding and miraculous events is a mystery.

I am conjecturing here. Imagine the implications if those in Matthew 27:52-53 are precursors, types, or shadows of the general resurrection. Scripture does not say our harpazo is in the twinkling of an eye. It speaks only to our bodily glorification. To me, it makes sense; the unbelieving world will witness our ascension in like manner of our Lord and Savior, and Elijah.

Regardless of whether the world witnesses our snatching away or not, I think people will be screaming to their respective governments for logical answers for what just happened.

I suspect Jesus’s four warnings in Matthew 24 of great deceptions will arrive.

For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. (Matthew 24:24)

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,033
  • Content Per Day:  3.33

7 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Good morning (here), AdHoc,

I realize we have had several discussions on the following before, and I value your opinion.

First, let me ask your view on the timing of the harpazo. Do you think the church is entirely exempt from Daniel's 70th week or only the time of Jacob's trouble (a.k.a. the 3.5-year Great Tribulation)?

Our main exegetical differences lie in the age of Grace, where our souls go upon death. The following is plain enough to where both the believer's and non-believer's spirits and bodies go at bodily death:

Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it. (Ecclesiastes 12:7)

I think where we part views is you believe our souls still go to Hades, even after the resurrection of our Lord, correct?

It is also plainly stated:

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: (Hebrews 9:27)

Matt.27 52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, 53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many. [emphasis mine]

I recall you quoted Vine's Dictionary before. Vine's Explanation for sleep is interesting. 27:52, that being after Christ's ascension.

It is puzzling; no information is mentioned or given about those who were asleep as to what happened or where they went after they were quickened, made alive again from their sleep. I conjecture only three possibilities:

• They had to die twice.
  • They returned from whence they came, i.e., Abraham's bosom (Hades).
  • They were resurrected after Christ (first fruit) w/o glorified bodies, and at some point, were Raptured to the 3rd Heaven. They await the pretribulation, resurrection, and glorification of our bodies, returning with the rest of us at Christ's 2nd Advent.  

I prefer the latter view in the grand scheme of scripture. Why they are not elaborated on for such astounding and miraculous events is a mystery.

I am conjecturing here. Imagine the implications if those in Matthew 27:52-53 are precursors, types, or shadows of the general resurrection. Scripture does not say our harpazo is in the twinkling of an eye. It speaks only to our bodily glorification. To me, it makes sense; the unbelieving world will witness our ascension in like manner of our Lord and Savior, and Elijah.

Regardless of whether the world witnesses our snatching away or not, I think people will be screaming to their respective governments for logical answers for what just happened.

I suspect Jesus’s four warnings in Matthew 24 of great deceptions will arrive.

For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. (Matthew 24:24)

Good Evening to you Sir, and thank you for the swap of ideas.

Yes, we do differ, but it is a chance to examine God's Word again - a profitable work. The most documented death in history is that of Jesus Himself. His three parts were rent apart. (1) He commended His human spirit to the Father. This is normal for all men (Eccl.3:21, 12:7). At resurrection our spirits come to us again (Lk.8:55). (2) His Body was laid in a rich man's unused tomb which is walk-in. (3) Scripture reveal where His SOUL went; (a) the heart of the earth (Matt.12:40), (b) downwards (Eph.4:9-10), (c) Hades (Act.2:31), and (d) a place where He had to RISE to get to the surface of the earth and tell Mary that He had not YET ascended to His Father (Jn.20:17).

Now, our Lord Jesus has preeminence in ALL things (Col.1:18). If any man does something different to Jesus, he (the man) will have preeminence - which cannot be. The interesting things is that David did not come out of the grave with those of Matthew 27;52, for in Acts 2:24-34 he is still in Hades (V.29 & 34). There is not a single verse that alludes to all the graves of Christians opening. Except for the crowd in Matthew 27:52, all believers RISE "when Jesus comes" (1st Cor.15:23). This is again confirmed by the 10 Virgins who "slept". They were only woken at His COMING.

Now to the company who were resurrected "after" Jesus (note that word for it uphold Christ's preeminence). Christ is not only the Lamb of God. He died in fulfillment of ALL the Offerings of Leviticus. One of the Offerings is the "Wave Offering" to be "waved" - showing life and animation - on the "morrow after the Sabbath" (Lev.23). The offering had to be (i) "Firstfruits", and (ii) "a Sheaf". God is the Lord of the Harvest and claims the first and best 10%. Thus, the Wave Offering may not be an "ear". It must be a "sheaf". Those who were resurrected just "after" Christ (on the morrow after the Sabbath). They would have been presented to God with Jesus.

Where are they now - we all ask? Well, they have their BODIES and they were presented to God WITH Jesus. That means they were "caught away" to heaven. Is this a problem? Enoch is "taken" by God BODILY (because he did not see death), and Elijah is taken to heaven ALIVE. So is Jesus. Why look for a reason to take it otherwise? We will all BODILY be raptured to heaven for a period of time. Hebrews 9:27 is emphatic. A man dies once. "THEN (after a period in Hades) comes the resurrection and the rapture to the sky for the BEMA (judgment). It is quite normal for prophecy to leave out middle periods if the activity does not count as important to the prophecy. Joel 2 leaves out the whole Church age. But let me take the time to show what a slanderous thing it is to our Lord if a man dies twice.

The reason we die is that we inherit Adam's nature. That this is physical death is shown by Romans 5:12-17 and 6:23. So also does 1st Corinthians 15:22. Romans calls it "sin" (singular). We all die because we where IN Adam when he committed sin. We did not cause it, but we inherit it. The reason that Jesus defeated death is that He was the Lamb of God "who takes away the SIN (singular) of the WORLD. So, in John 3 Jesus advises Nicodemus that if He be "lifted up" (on to the wooden poles) , He will draw "ALL men". This does not mean sinners will escape. It means that Jesus will subdue physical death and that ALL men will be resurrected (which happens latest at the White Throne. NOW CONSIDER THIS; If death is the wages of sin (singular) and Jesus wants a resurrected man to die - HE MUST IMPUTE SIN (singular) to the man. Our Lord would then become the Author of evil (perish the thought).

But this is not all. Hebrews 9:27, as a complete sentence, would become a lie. And Luke 20:35-36 would become a lie too. The implications of adding or subtracting to Hebrews 9:27 are slanderous. In Matthew 13, the Kingdom of Heaven "IS LIKE" a woman that leavened. I believe that, and look for "leaven" in our doctrine. Jesus Himself said it would be there. Going to haven without a BODY is just not supported by scripture. All dead men RISE (without exception).

I follow @Vine Abider concerning the rapture. It is;
1. a harvest. Only the mature will be harvested before the Great Tribulation
2. a REWARD or PRIZE (Phil.3:14) that few will be found worthy of
3. An ESCAPE that is CONDITIONAL. In Luke 21:35-36 one must be "counted worthy"

But, again, each man must settle these things in his own mind. I can easily be wrong.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

On 1/23/2024 at 5:43 PM, AdHoc said:

There is not one recorded case in the whole Bible of a man dying twice.

LAZURUS died 2x along with the othe raised from the dead humans

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,467
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

13 hours ago, AdHoc said:

Good Evening to you Sir, and thank you for the swap of ideas.

Yes, we do differ, but it is a chance to examine God's Word again - a profitable work. The most documented death in history is that of Jesus Himself. His three parts were rent apart. (1) He commended His human spirit to the Father. This is normal for all men (Eccl.3:21, 12:7). At resurrection our spirits come to us again (Lk.8:55). (2) His Body was laid in a rich man's unused tomb which is walk-in. (3) Scripture reveal where His SOUL went; (a) the heart of the earth (Matt.12:40), (b) downwards (Eph.4:9-10), (c) Hades (Act.2:31), and (d) a place where He had to RISE to get to the surface of the earth and tell Mary that He had not YET ascended to His Father (Jn.20:17).

Now, our Lord Jesus has preeminence in ALL things (Col.1:18). If any man does something different to Jesus, he (the man) will have preeminence - which cannot be. The interesting things is that David did not come out of the grave with those of Matthew 27;52, for in Acts 2:24-34 he is still in Hades (V.29 & 34). There is not a single verse that alludes to all the graves of Christians opening. Except for the crowd in Matthew 27:52, all believers RISE "when Jesus comes" (1st Cor.15:23). This is again confirmed by the 10 Virgins who "slept". They were only woken at His COMING.

Now to the company who were resurrected "after" Jesus (note that word for it uphold Christ's preeminence). Christ is not only the Lamb of God. He died in fulfillment of ALL the Offerings of Leviticus. One of the Offerings is the "Wave Offering" to be "waved" - showing life and animation - on the "morrow after the Sabbath" (Lev.23). The offering had to be (i) "Firstfruits", and (ii) "a Sheaf". God is the Lord of the Harvest and claims the first and best 10%. Thus, the Wave Offering may not be an "ear". It must be a "sheaf". Those who were resurrected just "after" Christ (on the morrow after the Sabbath). They would have been presented to God with Jesus.

Where are they now - we all ask? Well, they have their BODIES and they were presented to God WITH Jesus. That means they were "caught away" to heaven. Is this a problem? Enoch is "taken" by God BODILY (because he did not see death), and Elijah is taken to heaven ALIVE. So is Jesus. Why look for a reason to take it otherwise? We will all BODILY be raptured to heaven for a period of time. Hebrews 9:27 is emphatic. A man dies once. "THEN (after a period in Hades) comes the resurrection and the rapture to the sky for the BEMA (judgment). It is quite normal for prophecy to leave out middle periods if the activity does not count as important to the prophecy. Joel 2 leaves out the whole Church age. But let me take the time to show what a slanderous thing it is to our Lord if a man dies twice.

The reason we die is that we inherit Adam's nature. That this is physical death is shown by Romans 5:12-17 and 6:23. So also does 1st Corinthians 15:22. Romans calls it "sin" (singular). We all die because we where IN Adam when he committed sin. We did not cause it, but we inherit it. The reason that Jesus defeated death is that He was the Lamb of God "who takes away the SIN (singular) of the WORLD. So, in John 3 Jesus advises Nicodemus that if He be "lifted up" (on to the wooden poles) , He will draw "ALL men". This does not mean sinners will escape. It means that Jesus will subdue physical death and that ALL men will be resurrected (which happens latest at the White Throne. NOW CONSIDER THIS; If death is the wages of sin (singular) and Jesus wants a resurrected man to die - HE MUST IMPUTE SIN (singular) to the man. Our Lord would then become the Author of evil (perish the thought).

But this is not all. Hebrews 9:27, as a complete sentence, would become a lie. And Luke 20:35-36 would become a lie too. The implications of adding or subtracting to Hebrews 9:27 are slanderous. In Matthew 13, the Kingdom of Heaven "IS LIKE" a woman that leavened. I believe that, and look for "leaven" in our doctrine. Jesus Himself said it would be there. Going to haven without a BODY is just not supported by scripture. All dead men RISE (without exception).

I follow @Vine Abider concerning the rapture. It is;
1. a harvest. Only the mature will be harvested before the Great Tribulation
2. a REWARD or PRIZE (Phil.3:14) that few will be found worthy of
3. An ESCAPE that is CONDITIONAL. In Luke 21:35-36 one must be "counted worthy"

But, again, each man must settle these things in his own mind. I can easily be wrong.

You make an excellent argument and back it up with scripture; that is admirable. Some of your views exactly mirror my own. The rule I try to follow is:

These were more noble (open-minded, tolerant) than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so. (Acts 17:11) [emphasis added]

When a person is raised with a particular view or denomination, they gravitate to a church with that same view as I have. It gets ingrained and reinforced weekly in Sunday School and church. I let the Bible speak to me and pray to understand scripture better. I try not to let men interpret it for me, as we are all fallible.

Throughout the centuries, the Lord called many great men of God, pastors, preachers, evangelicals, theologians, and scholars. It is baffling how they can all come up with different views and doctrines, reading the same Book.

Religion: To name a few, Catholics, Mormons, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Seventh Day Adventists, Church of Christ, Pentecostals, prosperity gospels, Baptists, etc., do not have the same exegesis and doctrine. Some core beliefs, views, and principles are grossly non-Biblical.

As we discuss our differences, we become more like the Bereans, delving into God’s word for ourselves and seeing whether those things are so, which is a good thing. 😊

For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. (Hebrews 5:12)

• Thumbs Up 1