IGNORED

How Do You Respond?

Guest Michaelangeli

How do you respond when someone disagrees with your views, and, or challenges them?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. How do you respond when someone disagrees with your views, and, or challenges them?

• I get annoyed
    • I get upset, and dismiss them
    • I get irritated, accuse them of having wrong motive, and dismiss them
    • I calmly try to help them understand my view
    • I calmly reason with them from scripture, while respecting them, and their views
    • I tell them to get lost... basically
    • I listen with respect and agree to disagree, but doing so respectfully
    • I throw a tantrum
    • I get angry
    • I reason

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,235
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Like one said it depends. I would love to believe I try to always hear what He the sweet sweet holy Spirit is saying. Since were told to be in prayer always and praying about all things. But it depends. For me sometimes when I talk at the end I hear "what in the world were you talking about?" haha..  yeah haha

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

Trying to have a discussion, a meaningful discussion and stating my point with clarity and listen to the other party. We always can learn something or bring our attention to something we need to learn. Considering the discussion later on we may find out that we needed to know things better and with more substance. As we continue to learn and we learn how others think and why they think the way they do. They have the right to think on their own, and we learn to reason things out and new input can help our reasoning. Hopefully in the right direction. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  483
  • Content Per Day:  4.20
  • Days Won:  1

How do you respond when someone disagrees with your views, and, or challenges them?  

Depends on the topic and whom is doing the questioning.  Is it my wife? Back in her cell she goes! (Or the kitchen). LOL!

At times I will act childish and at times mature. If I just recently prayed or finished a bible study, my behavior will be much different than if I'm tired or have been in a secular mindset for a few hours involved with the cares of this world, which inadvertently, will be sure to happen. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  245
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,029
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

If they are too weird I ban them :ban:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 3

• Followers:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,210
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

13 minutes ago, D. Adrien said:

Depends on the topic and whom is doing the questioning.  Is it my wife? Back in her cell she goes! (Or the kitchen). LOL!

At times I will act childish and at times mature. If I just recently prayed or finished a bible study, my behavior will be much different than if I'm tired or have been in a secular mindset for a few hours involved with the cares of this world, which inadvertently, will be sure to happen. 

I had a colleague. He was so friendly and patient. We got a new program and if you didn't understand how something worked you could just ask him and very patient he would explain it. One day his wife called. She was pregnant and decorating the house. There was no stork in the shop, but only a heron and should she buy that one or look in other shops for a stork. And the always sweet to everyone guy said: What do I care about that nonsense?!? Stop bothering me!! Do whatever you want.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  245
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,029
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

1 minute ago, RdJ said:

I had a colleague. He was so friendly and patient. We got a new program and if you didn't understand how something worked you could just ask him and very patient he would explain it. One day his wife called. She was pregnant and decorating the house. There was no stork in the shop, but only a heron and should she buy that one or look in other shops for a stork. And the always sweet to everyone guy said: What do I care about that nonsense?!? Stop bothering me!! Do whatever you want.

There's usually more to stories like this . . . but yeah. As a contractor I have worked for some couples that didn't let my presence stop them from having very strong words and acrimonious disagreements with each other. The term "psycho" was later used by one husband commenting to me afterwards about his wife, not that I was ever inclined to take sides.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  483
  • Content Per Day:  4.20
  • Days Won:  1

Rdj, Michael, never take sides! ever! Familiarity breeds contempt because of our faults and sins. My wife has a cousin and how she and her husband interact is always in an argumentative manner. Always. So very tiresome being around them. Haven't seen them in years! Hahaha.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,635
  • Content Per Day:  12.17
  • Days Won:  31

Hi @deva1 Your post also reminds me of 2 Timothy 2.21: "If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work."

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,635
  • Content Per Day:  12.17
  • Days Won:  31

On 5/1/2024 at 3:35 AM, D. Adrien said:

Shows indeed how prayer and Scripture reading and study should indeed change the way we behave, right?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,235
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

On 5/1/2024 at 1:50 AM, Michael37 said:

If they are too weird I ban them :ban:

Lol funny.. reminded me we went to see this preacher who came to town many years ago. He was sharing how he knew he was weird on and on. He said one day the lord corrected him said "your normal there weird". haha.. as in the world. 

Like the man or woman that knows they cannot sing at all. The lord said "I made the sparrow and I made the crow".  

• Haha 1