My cousin has a question about Christ

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  176
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

Ok so my cousin wanted me to make him an account on here for him, because i'v told him about the site before, and have tried passing the word of God down to him, and hes been searching for the lord God Almighty, and Christ jesus our savior, and he just has a lot of unanswered questions. So i made him an email, and then an account on here, and hes only 11 so he told me the jist of what one of the things he was wondering about was, and so because hes only 11 I typed it all down nice and neat with punctuation and correct spelling and with more mature words etc... He was happy, and eager to get answers, but I guess its a rule on here (this website) that you cant make more than one account with the same device so they shut down the account i made for him and im not upset or anything, i understand what happened, and what the situation is, but im saying this because I want you to know this is truthfully my cousins question, but i have to ask it on my account so here it is... He asked me to post this- Hello im a new member in search of finding christ, i'm hoping other strong faithed christians can help me to take the step to accepting Jesus as my lord and savior. I really want to become born again, but somethings holing me back, my cousin says t could be self doubt or fear or even the enemy planting doubt in me, and tempting me to not trust everypart of the gospel. I believe in jesus, and that he did miracles and that he is the son of God, but i just have a hard time accepting him as my Lord and Savior because i'v always been taught that God is the Alpha and Omega  and the Almighty soverign over all king. so i feel that if i accept Jesus as my lord and savior I may be making a mistake, but everyone tells me Jesus changed there life...

Any encouragment for my cousin is needed specificly things like testomonies of how jesus turned there whole life around or thing's like how after they accepted jesus a burden was lifted off of them, and they felt nothing but love and peace... You know things like that is what he needs to here right now. but remember hes only 11 so try not to say things like Christ  died for you isnt that enough, you know, just try be kind hes trying.

Edited by faithfull-prophet4040

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.82

In order to be saved one have to believe the Bible is inspired by God the Father.

So believing in the verse below is a good start.

John 5

22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

52 minutes ago, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

- Hello im a new member in search of finding christ, i'm hoping other strong faithed christians can help me to take the step to accepting Jesus as my lord and savior. I really want to become born again, but somethings holing me back, my cousin says t could be self doubt or fear or even the enemy planting doubt in me, and tempting me to not trust everypart of the gospel.

I believe in jesus, and that he did miracles and that he is the son of God, but i just have a hard time accepting him as my Lord and Savior because i'v always been taught that God is the Alpha and Omega  and the Almighty soverign over all king. so i feel that if i accept Jesus as my lord and savior I may be making a mistake, but everyone tells me Jesus changed there life...

Hi cousin of FP,

You have a very good uncle who loves you very much to want to help you know Jesus.

And so good to hear that you do believe in Jesus and that He is the Son of God. Also very good to ask questions and not just receive everything told to you. Why don`t we check it out with God`s word.

Jesus did everything the Father told Him to do. 

`I do not seek my own will, but the will of the Father.` (John 5: 30)

So, accepting Jesus as Saviour and Lord means that He will cleanse our hearts and guide us. Jesus will be under the Father as this scripture says -

`Then comes the end, when He (Jesus) delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all (rebellious) rule and all authority and power.` (1 Cor. 15: 24)

So, be not afraid to accept Jesus as your Saviour and Lord. Even now Jesus is at the right hand of the Father, so they are in agreement.

`when he (Jesus) had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high.` (Heb. 1: 3)

Please ask any other questions you have for I would love to be able to help you. 

Marilyn.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,090
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

I asked Him to forgive my sins and come into my heart when I was 14. I first did not believe He existed, but when I got convinced that He did I found a church and later prayed the sinner's prayer. I had some friends and we were nasty to each other, gossipping. They would leave me out and I would hate them for it. I prayed the prayer. The first thing I noticed was that the hate was just gone. I could hug them. No regrets. He has always helped me with everything.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

12 hours ago, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

I believe in jesus, and that he did miracles and that he is the son of God, but i just have a hard time accepting him as my Lord and Savior because i'v always been taught that God is the Alpha and Omega  and the Almighty soverign over all king. so i feel that if i accept Jesus as my lord and savior I may be making a mistake

I not sure what you are concerned about?

Jesus is the son of God, part of the trinity as can be seen at Jesus's  baptism.

Matt 3:16 As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. 17 And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”

Belief in Jesus is the same as be.ief in God the Father, it is not slighting either of them.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

I, too, am not sure what the concern is.

I can only see this from the post as a concern:  "I just have a hard time accepting him [Jesus] as my Lord and Savior because I've always been taught that God is the Alpha and Omega  and the Almighty soverign over all king"

[1] Is the concern that God is sovereign and he doesn't want to submit to him?

[2] Or is the concern that he doesn't understand that Jesus IS God.   Jesus is not the Father and the Father is not the Son.   And neither are the Holy Spirit, but as ONE - they are God.

And the Bible says that JESUS is the Alpha and Omega, the first and the last.

And ironically that truth is found at the FIRST and the LAST of the book of Revelation:  Revelation 1:8;  1:11;  21:6;  22:13.  And this is Jesus, himself, speaking.

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.94
  • Days Won:  1

I'm wondering why an 11 year old would have doubts like that, they seem rather sophisticated for someone that age.

Is there some outside influence, a relative or other influential adult, planting them in him?

• Well Said! 1