• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  976
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  13,928
  • Content Per Day:  5.07
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

6 minutes ago, Starise said:

the peaceful ones mind their own business.

And what is their business? ??? What was their peaceful business when the Twin Trade Towers went down, when the US Pentagon was attacked?  "We are innocents" "Death to America" rings hollow. We are all in a terrible state of being, and will be for the time of the end times, signs of which are all about us.

Hang on it's going to be a bumpy ride. Our only hope, our only hope our only hope is in Yeshua alone, the grace of God provided in His mercy from everlasting to everlasting to those that the Holy Spirit calls out and those that heed that call. Of whom Yeshua loses not a one.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  280
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  13,179
  • Content Per Day:  9.52
  • Days Won:  149

1 minute ago, Neighbor said:

nd what is their business? ??? What was their peaceful business when the Twin Trade Towers went down, when the US Pentagon was attacked?  "We are innocents" "Death to America" rings hollow. We are all in a terrible state of being, and will be for the time of the end times, signs of which are all about us.

I don't happen to believe it was them. Sure some of them were used. 

2 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Hang on it's going to be a bumpy ride. Our only hope, our only hope our only hope is in Yeshua alone, the grace of God provided in His mercy from everlasting to everlasting to those that the Holy Spirit calls out and those that heed that call. Of whom Yeshua loses not a one.

He calls out. THe ride can possibly still be bumpy even so.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,429
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, Starise said:

There seem to be peacful muslims and violent ones. I don't know enough about it except to say the peaceful ones mind their own business.

This is true, but it requires a certain degree of ignoring their own source material. In Islamic eschatology there's a final battle spoken of between Muslims and Jews, where the Jews hide behind rocks and trees but the rocks and trees (aside from the gharqad tree)  will speak to Muslims to warn them. It's hard to be peaceful without ignoring the blatantly violent and anti-Semitic elements present in the body of their scriptures.

Other than that I think another big factor is how strongly Islam is politicized in a person's area and whether or not there are any external factors make things into an us vs them situation. I find that there's usually some basis for the us vs them, but unless it's corrected that just makes for a self-propagating situation that's bound to escalate.

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  280
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  13,179
  • Content Per Day:  9.52
  • Days Won:  149

6 minutes ago, AnOrangeCat said:

This is true, but it requires a certain degree of ignoring their own source material. In Islamic eschatology there's a final battle spoken of between Muslims and Jews, where the Jews hide behind rocks and trees but the rocks and trees (aside from the gharqad tree)  will speak to Muslims to warn them. It's hard to be peaceful without ignoring the blatantly violent and anti-Semitic elements present in the body of their scriptures.

Other than that I think another big factor is how strongly Islam is politicized in a person's area and whether or not there are any external factors make things into an us vs them situation. I find that there's usually some basis for the us vs them, but unless it's corrected that just makes for a self-propagating situation that's bound to escalate.

There are pockets of muslims all over with mosques here in the US and I guess a lot of what they believe is a little ambiguous to me, although I have read their Koran some and I see the warrior elements in it, as if to glorify war, They may say the same about our Old Testament. I see it maybe similar to a practicing catholic and detached catholic. I am sure many of them were dragged into that religion by default and so they play the game, but it really never connected with them. 

If Muhammad was anything he was a warrior. Christians often praise David because he was a warrior and a very successful one, but generally that is templated with the idea of us as spiritual warriors, at least in the sermons I have heard. Christianity teaches love through Jesus even though there were wars on the OT. Jesus did not teach spiritual gain or obedience through war as it seems Muhammad did.

There are many other differences yet some will say the religions are closely related. They use the OT but add the writings of Muhammad which are very tumultous and war focused from everything I know. 

The idea I get is they see their religion as the conquering religion. I could be wrong. In contrast Christianity teaches a spiritual journey through Christ that causes us to love not hate. This is in a personal sense not in the sense we need armies to protect us. 

In addition to that Israel and Jews often by default has other enemies who follow ideologies degrading them. It seems the hitler movement is on the rise again in places like France. We have it here too in the US. I wish all of this stuff would just go away. How anyone could plan and execute acts of hate against  anyone else is beyond me. Yes the PR wheels are tuning and I think that's a lot of it.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,300
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, FJK said:

In my day it was the Vietcong who were my enemies in war.  While I'm sure there were many very fine people on their side that doesn't change the fact that they were shooting at me with the intent of killing me and that made them my enemy.

In 66 my Marine platoon was attached to the Republic of Korea Marines (ROKS).
When they entered a vill and received incoming fire they leveled it.
If any friendlies were there they would have warned or a quick didi.

Many cultures have little value for life. Death is a way of life.   It's not the USA.

Children, protected by some.     or              a protection for others.

F9G2sSqWwAAuekj.jpg.d264398aebca5593083a67f35500276d.jpg

A proud family/culture grooming their children.

Gaza_SuicideVests.jpg.b07659ba2992b4200fcbcf5802406e19.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,556
  • Content Per Day:  7.14
  • Days Won:  100

1 hour ago, Starise said:

I didn't get that. 

There seem to be peacful muslims and violent ones. I don't know enough about it except to say the peaceful ones mind their own business.

I note a lack of self-reflection at work which is to say, some refuse to examine themselves first. Notice the differences between Christians; some advocate violence and bloodshed while others refuse to join themselves to such things. It's worth emphasizing that there are variations to be found between both positions.

No man or woman fits neatly into a box, hence why the Lord has declared that He judges man according to his own works. Painting with broad brushes has no place among us and yet it is well represented just the same. I've known Muslims who are entirely peaceful and Christians who pray for war. What I witnessed at a men's meeting made me ill to hear... men were hoping that nuclear weapons would be used against Iran. That, my friend, is the definition of bloodthirsty. It's perfectly insane. 

The insolent who have never endured horror are all too eager to visit horror upon others, and some who do this profess the name of Christ. It's simply the truth. There's nothing I can possibly do to change such things, so I focus upon what I'm able to change:

I make sure that I never find myself embracing evil. More than enough was done to me, so why would I ever pray for, or advocate, evil to be done to others?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.17

8 minutes ago, Sower said:

In 66 my Marine platoon was attached to the Republic of Korea Marines (ROKS).
When they entered a vill and received incoming fire they leveled it.

Yeah, the ROKS were really something else.

Once seen in action they're never forgotten.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  976
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  13,928
  • Content Per Day:  5.07
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Again I say there are no Palestinians, the land is Israel's, with that I will bow out of this thread.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  442
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  3,267
  • Content Per Day:  2.06
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, Starise said:

This is what we have all been told. Probably true that the strip is run by anti Israel groups. What is the strip really composed of in its entirety?

NO war isn't nice. I'm asking you how you see the people. 

I believe this to be an over generalization, maybe enough true to say a majority but not true enough to say all of them. It would be like saying all Americans love Trump. At least this is the way I see it. Being taught something having it forced MAY turn many of them away from it.

That's a good question. I don't believe some of the types of 'evangelism' used on the Jewish people have worked very well because it was sometimes seen as coercion.

All they see is a country the west associates itself with and calls itself Christian attacking them. I'm not saying that's the way it is, I'm saying that's what they see. How would you counter that? How would you know a terrorist from an innocent?

I was unaware that the West associates ourselves with them? The government certainly doesn't. I know that the government does not view Palestine as an ally. People on the internet, and on true free speech platforms might talk with each other, and post things, But our government does not see Palestine as an ally.

Whether this is a good thing or not, I am unaware. I have not been to Palestine. I am afraid to go to any other country. Not sure it is in my calling as a being the Christian I am, as well as to my gender and what that has to say about it and me traveling to other countries. Not certain what all of that has to say about it. Or the other gender, for that matter.

I don't know what the Bible truly teaches about nation hopping and nation traveling. For either gender. 

Or did I misunderstand that? It is worded confusingly to me. Did I get that backwards from what you said? It is worded confusingly to me. 

Edited by believeinHim

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,300
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

2 hours ago, FJK said:

Yeah, the ROKS were really something else.

Once seen in action they're never forgotten.

Yeah. Made some buddies. And they did introduce me to Kimchi.
I lived on kimchi and rice and fish heads for one tour.
It was that or C rats......
default_cool2.gif.06c9d6a2928f35830e92d23a2a749969.gif   My kids still get me some once in a while.
The good stuff, fermented, and hot.

xadsad.jpg.240f5232fc52b943b1276896f6a420e3.jpg   kimchi-bokkeumbap-01-500x500.jpg.b08ae7eb4c23a3303d1f79d193840012.jpg

Semper Fi...FJK

• Thumbs Up 1