• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  269
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,261
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Just now, Neighbor said:

Hi, To some degree it seems a valid generalization, and yet I personally know so many that are not that way. I now see the third  and  the fourth generation  within a local body of Christ Jesus being raised up  educated, and then going into all the world as living testimony of our Lord.

As for me I go down with the ship if it is to go down; but I have absolute confidence, not in a national identity called the USA, but in my Lord and savior Yeshua.  I see encouragement in lots of people (individually) even despite  the very craziness that is presented to us each day as being the USA through her oh so dreadful politicians.

My hope is in the name of the Lord. I think he is unaffiliated far as political organizations go.

Yes, it was a generalization, and of course those who work according to the Lord`s ways do steward His resources better. 

And Amen and Amen as in our hope and trust is in the Lord and not Satan and man`s World System. 

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,238
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

On 2/22/2024 at 3:18 PM, Neighbor said:

Back then our work benefits were "Don't Get sick and miss a day of work". Today even men get months of maternity leave; really? Yep, poor wimpy men thinking they have need of maternity leave, geesh!

Wimpy men sure. This mindset is what made everything expensive. Work work work. How can a wife not work and think it's fine that her man works 80 hours and he may never enjoy his kids ? Does she hate him or something?

He wants time off to help his wife take care of the baby. She wants that too. The hard work is always for some rich boss anyway.

In Holland when feminism came the women fought so they could work part time and bake cookies with the kids and now men want to work part time too. They also take care of their kids, cook and clean,but mostly the women work less. It is more equal though. Result: You don't have to have 3 jobs. A woman on this forum is a single mom in America. She asked for prayer. She works full time and has to take care of the kids alone and has 3 hours sleep a night. I live in Holland. I work 3 days a week. I take care of 3 teens. The days that I work they are with their dad. Life is chill here. More expensive now, so we buy groceries in Germany which is 25 percent cheaper.

Edited by RdJ
  • Interesting! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  963
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,740
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 2/22/2024 at 9:18 AM, Neighbor said:

It is all about the money. Well maybe not entirely, but evidently 25% of the Bible deals with money

Not entirely because it is stewardship that the Bible is giving lessons and commands about.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,213
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

16 hours ago, Neighbor said:

I can only point you to my signature message below.

MAT 5 43-48

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  963
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,740
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, backontrack said:

MAT 5 43-48

“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you,  that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? And if you greet your brethren only, what do you do more than others? Do not even the tax collectors do so?  Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect."

Yep, love God - Love one another.

"Be ye therefore perfect, as your Father,.... This perfection is to be restrained to the subject Christ is upon, love to men, and not to be referred to any, or every other thing; wherefore, in Luke 6:36 it is, "be ye merciful, as your Father also is merciful"; and regards not a perfection of degree in that, but objects and quality: that is to say, not that men may, or can, or ought to be as perfect in love, as to the degree of it, as God is; that is impossible: the "as" here, is not a note of equality, but of likeness: such, who profess God to be their Father, ought to imitate him, particularly in their love to men, which ought to be extended to the same objects, as the divine goodness is; that, as he shows regard in a providential way to all men, good and bad, just and unjust, and his tender mercies are over all his works; so ought they to love all men with a natural affection, and hate no man, no, not their enemies: for he that loves only his friends, and not his enemies, loves imperfectly; he does not take in the whole compass of objects his love is to extend unto; and as God loves sincerely, and without dissimulation, so should they. To be "perfect", is to be sincere and upright: in this sense is the word often used, and answers to the Hebrew word which signifies the same: see Deuteronomy 18:13 which is the passage Christ seems to refer to here; and the sense is, be ye sincere and upright in your love to all men, as your heavenly Father is hearty and sincere in his affections to them."- John Gills, Gills Exposition On The Bible

• Thumbs Up 1