• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  963
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,740
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

It is all about the money. Well maybe not entirely, but evidently 25% of the Bible deals with money (No not tv preachers asking for money). Evidently when added up a full 25% of the Bible discusses issues that are related to money,  needs and desires that drive the want of money, plus how to handle money.

Today's news talks about the cost of food also being up a full 25% since 2019 to today 2024, followed by how most Americans spend an average of $500 a year on streaming services for entertainment. Really this is our struggle, how to afford  our streaming services if we cannot cheat the companies and have to pay for our own passworded  streaming services accounts?

Life is indeed tough eh?

Perception of poverty and hard times, I think might be way different  today. Yes there are seriously poor and desperate among us, but if our lament is that we have to pay for our own streaming services now, is that really poverty? ???

In fact can most of us not pay even more in taxes to help government rulers fund help to many in serious need? Most of us actually do not have to pay any taxes on income at all, some even get refunds greater than  any contribution  made in taxes, via the earned income tax rebate program.

Hmm, I do remember a different poverty in America. I remember no food times or times of leftover restaurant crackers becoming a meal. Entertainment was not streaming it was an old  monopoly board and a couple of couples getting together to compete and socialize, not really knowing how poor we all were. And we enjoyed life.

Back then our work benefits were "Don't Get sick and miss a day of work". Today even men get months of maternity leave; really? Yep, poor wimpy men thinking they have need of maternity leave, geesh!

Back then- we felt blessed thay we may have one meal a week that included meat. Yes meat! And there were no absolutely no fast food drive throughs. Why we didn't have a single trolly car that went through one. Owning a car was a bit of an upscale luxury even though fuel was less than 18 cents a gallon.

Americans of today have much that we all can share. Yet I do think we  as a nation of peoples share less and hoard more. Perhaps in days of old Americans put more treasure up for themselves at Heaven to come, than on earth for today's consumption.

America today is very rich, yet it seems more impoverished than ever before, all at the same time. We are fat of belly, blubber is epidemic among us, but slim on charity one for another, and no help at all to a stranger.

America first and America only,  let evil have the rest of the world if it cannot pay up is a far way down a sad trail from the sacrificial generosity,  compassion, and mercy of the Marshall Plan is it not?

How the heck does anyone get so detached from humanity that they champion America first and only?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.30
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  6.83
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

14 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Evidently when added up a full 25% of the Bible discusses issues that are related to money,  needs and desires that drive the want of money, plus how to handle money.

The issue is stewardship isn't it?

His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; 

thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler 

over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

7 minutes ago, Mr. M said:

The issue is stewardship isn't it?

Should be, IMO.

So  question arises in my own mind anyway; Is it good stewardship to make me first and me only, the rule of the day?

Did not Paul encourage, even coming close or scolding, the churches to be ready at his arrival to contribute to  the church at Jerusalem where those members had run out of funds and assets, their having failed to return to their home dwellings and farms, and  instead waiting for a soon event, having misunderstood the situation  before them.

I don't recall Paul saying, anything like; idiots you made your own bed now sleep in it. He sought sacrifcial giving from the churches to aid them far as I understand.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,246
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

On 2/22/2024 at 7:18 AM, Neighbor said:

It is all about the money. Well maybe not entirely, but evidently 25% of the Bible deals with money (No not tv preachers asking for money). Evidently when added up a full 25% of the Bible discusses issues that are related to money,  needs and desires that drive the want of money, plus how to handle money.

Today's news talks about the cost of food also being up a full 25% since 2019 to today 2024, followed by how most Americans spend an average of $500 a year on streaming services for entertainment. Really this is our struggle, how to afford  our streaming services if we cannot cheat the companies and have to pay for our own passworded  streaming services accounts?

Life is indeed tough eh?

Perception of poverty and hard times, I think might be way different  today. Yes there are seriously poor and desperate among us, but if our lament is that we have to pay for our our streaming services now, is that really poverty? ???

In fact can most of us not pay even more in taxes to help government rulers fund help to many in serious need? Most of us actually do not have to pay any taxes on income at all, some even get refunds greater than  any contribution  made in taxes, via the earned income tax rebate program.

Hmm, I do remember a different poverty in America. I remember no food times or times of leftover restaurant crackers becoming a meal. Entertainment was not streaming it was an old  monopoly board and a couple of couples getting together to compete and socialize, not really knowing how poor we all were. And we enjoyed life.

Back then our work benefits were "Don't Get sick and miss a day of work". Today even men get months of maternity leave; really? Yep, poor wimpy men thinking they have need of maternity leave, geesh!

Back then- we felt blessed thay we may have one meal a week that included meat. Yes meat! And there were no absolutely no fast food drive throughs. Why we didn't have a single trolly car that went through one. Owning a car was a bit of an upscale luxury even though fuel was less than 18 cents a gallon.

Americans of today have much that we all can share. Yet I do think we  as a nation of peoples share less and hoard more. Perhaps in days of old Americans put more treasure up for themselves at Heaven to come, than on earth for today's consumption.

America today is very rich, yet it seems more impoverished than ever before, all at the same time. We are fat of belly, blubber is epidemic among us, but slim on charity one for another, and no help at all to a stranger.

America first and America only,  let evil have the rest of the world if it cannot pay up is a far way down a sad trail from the sacrificial generosity,  compassion, and mercy of the Marshall Plan is it not?

How the heck does anyone get so detached from humanity that they champion America first and only?

Allot of this is not true.  I just saw this young girl talking about mom and dad. Dad made 40k a year they had two cars a house with a full unfinished basement mom stayed home with 2 kids. HAHA I thought.. did I have a sister I never knew about? That was us. The only diff was are basement was full and finished. 

You don't understand this. We owe 34billion. If we just go back to say 1960 "$1 in 1960 is equivalent in purchasing power to about $10.42 today". That's just the dollar so its not worth talking about your view is clearly skewed. Case in point "America first let evil have the rest of the world"? Who talks like that? Yes amen America first. Israel says "Israel first" would you like a list of all the nations, countries that say the same thing and then help other nations. America does this.  saw a video of this man driving by showing people living under the bridge and how sad it was. I said "so what did YOU do about it?". 

Its this kind of thing.. were on the INTERNET.. me and my son were just talking about this last night. So many things said today yet they have the WORLD of info in their hand and they are more clueless. Its like some saying how many Christians are "fallen away from Jesus today more then ever". I can go back to just 2015 show you what I saw.. a million in a day come to Christ. Then knowing how many phone calls from just one ministry (that some don't like) yet thousands every week. Then going from 2015 back.. millions in one day.. millions in one day hundreds of thousands getting saved in one day.. you can watch it. Seems we see only what we want to see.  Christ said to a preacher that was asking WHY have you  not judged with fire and brimstone this other preacher we all know. Christs words "oh but do you know the good he does for me". 

Some just love gossip. Its not talking about what me myself is doing or not doing saying, watching, hearing, giving or taking. No its about others or groups or Churches or states or nation. I see it all too but.. is not your first thought the same as mine? Not lying.. its not them but am I doing any of that? 

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  269
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,263
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On 2/23/2024 at 1:18 AM, Neighbor said:

Life is indeed tough eh?

Perception of poverty and hard times, I think might be way different  today. Yes there are seriously poor and desperate among us, but if our lament is that we have to pay for our our streaming services now, is that really poverty? ???

Hi Neighbor,

It`s the cycle of history. A generation works hard, the next not so much and then the third generation has it easy and loses it all or there is a war. Add to that QE (printing of money) and wow all the eye can see want, want, desire, now I`m entitled etc.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,213
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

On 2/22/2024 at 8:18 AM, Neighbor said:

Life is indeed tough eh?

You must be older than I, I do remember one time gas was 19 cents a gallon. That was 1971 filled my car up for 2 dollars. Gas was

always below 25 cents. We all said if it goes to 50 cents a gallon (that happened in 1975) we would walk, but we still drove, LOL.

Every day I take a shower I talk to God; most times I say you know God how many people in the world do not have running hot  

water to take a shower, toilet paper, cars, 3 meals a day, nice house or apt, and much much more. America's poorest are still the

richest in the world. We just forget those who have nothing we are so lucky to live in America. We still have freedom to do as 

we please, freedom to worship and such. Yes, our freedom is less these days but in all we are still way ahead of the world.

Question is do you think of this like I do, Thank God for it all we may wake up some day and it will all be gone if we do not stop

fighting with each other and begin to Love one another and care for those in the world who need help! 

4 hours ago, backontrack said:

You must be older than I, I do remember one time gas was 19 cents a gallon. That was 1971 filled my car up for 2 dollars. Gas was

always below 25 cents. We all said if it goes to 50 cents a gallon (that happened in 1975) we would walk, but we still drove,

Ah yes the sky was falling! I was a commuter into Los Angeles three hours a day minimum on the road, and many times two commutes in a day. And then it hit the great  gas shortage with odd -even  license plates the deciding factor on which day one could get gas, gas only every other day.  I burned a tank in a day, oops! (BUT  I was fortunate I had limited access to a wholesale supply from an employer).

And then presto all the gas one wanted  at America's Gas Station, the new gas stations  supplying gas from Mexico that opened up at $1.00 a gallon. A budget buster for sure, but it was all the gas I wanted with no shortage at all. -Seems it is indeed always about the money.

4 hours ago, backontrack said:

Question is do you think of this like I do, Thank God for it all we may wake up some day and it will all be gone if we do not stop

fighting with each other and begin to Love one another and care for those in the world who need help! 

I can only point you to my signature message below.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  269
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,263
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

As God`s word says - `Come now, you rich, weep and howl for your miseries that are coming upon you! Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are moth-eaten. Your gold and silver are corroded, and their corrosion will be a witness against you and will eat up your flesh like fire. You have heaped up treasure in the last days.

Indeed, the wages of the laborers who mowed your fields, while you kept back by fraud, cry out; and the cries of the reapers have reached the ears of the Lord of Sabaoth.....` (James 5: 1 - 4)

6 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Neighbor,

It`s the cycle of history. A generation works hard, the next not so much and then the third generation has it easy and loses it all or there is a war. Add to that QE (printing of money) and wow all the eye can see want, want, desire, now I`m entitled etc.

Hi, To some degree it seems a valid generalization, and yet I personally know so many that are not that way. I now see the third  and  the fourth generation  within a local body of Christ Jesus being raised up  educated, and then going into all the world as living testimony of our Lord.

As for me I go down with the ship if it is to go down; but I have absolute confidence, not in a national identity called the USA, but in my Lord and savior Yeshua.  I see encouragement in lots of people (individually) even despite  the very craziness that is presented to us each day as being the USA through her oh so dreadful politicians.

My hope is in the name of the Lord. I think he is unaffiliated far as political organizations go.