IGNORED

Im asking this question because i want to be the best christian i can be by following in jesus footsteps

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  176
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

What in other peoples opinions are Jesus' traits? What I mean by traits are things like, do you think he was kind, humble, peaceful to just be in his presense, did he bring joy to others from just speaking to them? Some of these we know are obvious and in the bible, but i would just appreciate if others could list as many things down as possible that they believe jesus to be like...  Also was he a free living man that didnt worry where he was going to sleep, yes he was, and no he didnt worry about things like that. I was just giving an example of other types of things like that to write down. Also other then when he flipped the tables over in the house of God, and got angry because of the gambling and such that was taking place there in the house of God, which is how i believe it went... Other than that time do you think Jesus ever got angry or would get angry especially if it came down to the trully wicked doing trully wicked things.

Edited by faithfull-prophet4040
Title

• faithfull-prophet4040 changed the title to Im asking this question because i want to be the best christian i can be by following in jesus footsteps

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

Jesus, to me, was:

[1] obedient to the Father

[2] compassionate [the Bible describes him that way several times]

[3] always speaks the truth

[4] sinless

[5] a servant AND a Godly leader

These are what come to my mind.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

If you are serious about being Christ like, join a church and serve the people in that church and community.

Neither Jesus or any Christian seeking to be like Jesus, lived I  isolation, they were involved with people, meeting them, talking with them, being willing to help them and being involved with them.

Start reading books about famous Christians. You will find they All served people.

Jesus is our example of a servant, mixing with people, interacting with the,.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,092
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

He got angry that they didn't pray, but He is God and I'm not. For me that would be sin.

He got angry at the pharisees, but for me that only teaches me that I don't have to let someone like that walk over me and I stay out of the way, but that's it. I knew a guy who would continually fight everyone on forums and he got banned everywhere and when I warned him to not do that he got mad cause he really believed God wanted him to do that. Name calling. Don't do that. Yes but Jesus also said whatever to the pharisees. But you're not talking to pharisees from around Jesus' time and you're not Jesus.

He spent nights in prayer.

He laid down His life.

I read once in a book that the more time you spend with Him the more you become like Him and then it goes natural.

I think John looked a lot like Jesus cause he was so close to Him. He was always at His bosom.

Edited by RdJ

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,143
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  1

Put the priority of your life as seek first the kingdom of God.

12 hours ago, RdJ said:

He got angry that they didn't pray, but He is God and I'm not. For me that would be sin.

Matt 21:12 Jesus entered the temple courts and drove out all who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money-changers and the benches of those selling doves. 13 ‘It is written,’ he said to them, ‘“My house will be called a house of prayer,” but you are making it “a den of robbers.”

Angry because they were stealing/cheating from those wanting to worship God.

God spoke about empty meaningless worship:-https://www.esv.org/Jeremiah+6:20;Isaiah+1:11–15;Amos+5:21–23/

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,092
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

2 hours ago, Who me said:

Matt 21:12 Jesus entered the temple courts and drove out all who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money-changers and the benches of those selling doves. 13 ‘It is written,’ he said to them, ‘“My house will be called a house of prayer,” but you are making it “a den of robbers.”

Angry because they were stealing/cheating from those wanting to worship God.

God spoke about empty meaningless worship:-https://www.esv.org/Jeremiah+6:20;Isaiah+1:11–15;Amos+5:21–23/

Yes but He could do that. Not me. Moses got angry and it was sin. Getting angry and judging is a sin.

Maybe if you do it like Paul, just go on, but take your disciples and split.

Edited by RdJ

4 hours ago, RdJ said:

Moses got angry and it was sin

I can think of three occasions  when Moses was angry.

When he murdered  the Egyptian overseer. Then he was angry, quite justly at injustice and brutality, but he let his anger drive his actions, which was as injustice as the overseers.

Then as he returned with the tablets of the law he was angry at the immorality and idolatry in the Isralites camp.

Then his righteous anger was directed at the offence being committed against God and it resulted  in a very symbolic punishment to the Israelites.

Third the people had no water, God told him to speak to a rock and it would produce water.

Moses in anger at the grumbling of the Israelites assumed that he had power and authority, rather being  the instrument of God.

In anger he struck the rock.

Three examples of anger and action. There is something wrong with us if injustice, if cruelty,  if abuse or blatant neglect  of the vulnerable does not cause us to be angry.

Eph 4:26 in your anger do not sin.  That is the challenge.

As for judging,  we all make judgements, but do we judge rightly and are we willing to be judged in the same way we judge?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,367
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

Galatians 5:22-23

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,205
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

I`m asking this question because I want to be the best Christian I can be by following in Jesus` footsteps.

Hi faithful,

as you desire that I will say that only by humbling yourself under the Lord will you become like Him. It is not a matter of `following in jesus` footsteps,` but letting the Holy Spirit make us like Him in our hearts. 

And that is seeking to address the attitudes and behaviors that the Holy Spirit highlights that are wrong. Then repent and go on till you finish your journey in the Lord. That is called `dying to self,` daily.