IGNORED

The New Knowing of Christ - The Church is Christ!

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,960
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

39 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Yes, but not one that we can build a doctrine on.

The relationship of God with His People is among other things, depicted in the Bible as analogous to that of a bride and groom, and a husband and wife. Where the relationship is marred by the unfaithfulness of God's People, their depiction is analogous to a harlot.

As you know, metaphors carry meanings across with the literal being used to describe the figurative.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

57 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

So, are you saying that you think the `bride`is spiritual therefore it is ok? But God`s right and wrong does not change in the spirit. A `bride`is female,`and you are certainly not that whether in the natural or spiritual. 

There is neither male nor female but you are one in Christ. And female Christians are considered part of the male body that marries Isarel ? The new Jerusalem is called the bride. Why because that’s where the body of Christ will live and rule. Maybe it’s all metaphors. We shall see some day.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,046
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

My point was that Jesus is the kinsman redeemer to Israel but you jumped over that. 

This dispute started at the top of page 2 with your objection to me making Christ's Body Transgender. My answer to you was ignored. Let's go back to that point and start again. It is very simple. You show me:

1. Where I made such an argument

2. If there is such a thing as a "Transgender"

3. If such a concept is in my text

4. If my allusion to 2nd Corinthians 11:2 is wrong

5. If Christ will marry a male

6. How you understand us being SONS of God wile being a BRIDE

7. If any one of my four points was incorrect.

Of course, i uphold your right to ignore these that you raised objection to, but it then looks like you brought in things that I had not said, attributed them to me, and then corrected these foreign things.

Christ does not marry any individuals persons. He is in a covenant relationship with the body of Christ as a whole. He is married as a metaphor I believe. Because it’s a covenant. But each person is a member of the body. It’s the body that’s married and has nothing to do with the sex of the persons. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,209
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

16 hours ago, Michael37 said:

The relationship of God with His People is among other things, depicted in the Bible as analogous to that of a bride and groom, and a husband and wife. Where the relationship is marred by the unfaithfulness of God's People, their depiction is analogous to a harlot.

As you know, metaphors carry meanings across with the literal being used to describe the figurative.

Glad you brought that up Michael, about relationships.

God`s relationship with Israel is as you said a husband and wife, (Isa. 54: 5) The word `husband `is master. Thus, the nation of Israel knew that God was their master, and He would look after them.

As to the believers in the Body of Christ we know that the Lord is the Head of the Body, which is a closer relationship than master. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,112
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

18 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

But with no backup scriptures. 

I ask men, do you say to an unbelieving male, `Come to Jesus and be His bride? ` I think not. It really amazes me how so many men (especially) do believe that they as men are a bride. Not having been taught this teaching I am amazed. 

Having been to Bible College I know that doctrine has to be clear and clearly developed just as Paul wrote of the Body being the New Man in the first 4 chapters of Ephesians. Also, a doctrine is not based on a type, symbol, imagery, etc but clear straight forward development of teaching. 

In the O.T. He was always the Husband of Israel and Judah, which was not only women.

4 hours ago, RdJ said:

In the O.T. He was always the Husband of Israel and Judah, which was not only women.

That`s right RdJ, however, it is about God`s relationship with the NATION of Israel. God is their husband,`meaning in Hebrew - Master. 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

Christ does not marry any individuals persons. He is in a covenant relationship with the body of Christ as a whole. He is married as a metaphor I believe. Because it’s a covenant. But each person is a member of the body. It’s the body that’s married and has nothing to do with the sex of the persons. 

Actually, Wayne Jesus IS the covenant, (Isa, 42: 6) I will write more to Ad hoc if you want to read that. 

On 3/11/2024 at 10:17 AM, AdHoc said:

Our relationship with Christ is FOUR-FOLD, and each one is structured differently.

- We are His BODY. This is a PHYSICAL relationship as we are "MEMBER in Particular". In John 2 His BODY would be raised on the third day. The BODY suffers loss and is lost at death. The solution for dead men is RESURRECTION - the "gates of Hades" being opened  to complete the Church (Matt.16:16-18)
- We are His BRIDE. Eve is the type. She came out of Adam as he slept. We came out of Christ as He slept (Jn.12:24). This is a PHYSICAL relationship as "we are bones of His bones" and it is "not good for a MAN to be alone"
- We are God's Temple, God's HOUSE. This is a SPIRITUAL relationship because He entered us by the SPIRIT (Jn.20:22, 2nd Pet.2:4)
- In our WORSHIP we are in a SPIRITUAL relationship because God is a SPIRIT (Jn.4:24) and he who is joined to the Lord is ONE SPIRIT (1st Cor.6:17)

In this way we satisfy God - Who is a Spirit, and we satisfy Christ Who took the form of a MAN.

13 hours ago, AdHoc said:

This dispute started at the top of page 2 with your objection to me making Christ's Body Transgender. My answer to you was ignored. Let's go back to that point and start again. It is very simple. You show me:

1. Where I made such an argument

2. If there is such a thing as a "Transgender"

3. If such a concept is in my text

Hi Ad Hoc,

I have posted your comments above about the Body and Bride. I replied that that was transgender.

Transgender - A transgender person is someone whose gender identity is different from the sex they were assigned at birth. 

The Body of Christ was called the `New Man,` (see op. Col. 10 - 11) Then you have introduced this wrong teaching (I believe) that says the Body is a female, a bride. But that was NOT what God called it. 

19 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Actually, Wayne Jesus IS the covenant, (Isa, 42: 6) I will write more to Ad hoc if you want to read that. 

Christ is in a covenant with us as lord.