• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,094
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

29 minutes ago, Starise said:

Wow. This one is very close to my heart. To me sometimes it seems they are a hair's width from seeing things, but there is all of this disinformation out there and then they come to Christian web sites and argue with other Christians more than willing to argue back with them.

It's a really mean almost endless cycle. There is one atheist I pray for in particular that they will get saved. This is really entrenched enemy territory folks and we need to be about breaking it. So many disillusioned people out there who can only seem to see the natural side of things missing out on the spiritual things. 

Many falsely 'assume' some atheists are avoiding God. That might be some, but I think most are just not even there yet.

Of course atheism falls when it is closely analyzed on what makes it tick and why. It isn't a belief many go to. It is more of a default belief because they really can't or don't see God. Yet we DO know it's real. The trick for me has always been trying to help them to see it, and it can be so sad to watch it all happening.

They are individuals like anyone else and maybe no two of them have exactly the same story to tell.

Can you be more specific about that dream. Do you think God releases their minds?

Yes. I believe we can just bind the powers that blind them and pray God opens their eyes. Lee Thomas says that too in his book about praying for the lost. The guy who got the 2000 in in 2 years uses that book too to pray and to teach others to pray for the lost.

When we had a church we always prayed for the unsaved and for the ones who were about to die that God would save them last minute.

I have that from Ian McCormack. He was atheist. His mother told him when he was a kid to cry out to God from his heart if he was ever in trouble. He was dying cause he got stung by box jelly fishes. God told his mother that he was nearly dead and she had to go pray, so she prayed. He got flashbacks and saw his mom telling him to pray from his heart, so he said: If there is a God help me to pray and he got the our Father,prayed it and got saved in the ambulance. Then he saw Jesus and could go into heaven, but he wanted to go back for his mom and he saw a lot of others who would believe because of it. He was dead for half an hour or so.

That has always given me faith to pray for the lost.

I got saved myself by asking for signs, so I have a lot of faith for them. My dad was atheist. He got saved. His dad was very antitheist. He got saved on his death bed. God said: You have the keys. Use them. Tomorrow will be too late.

With these atheists on that forum I was praying for them and felt like I was raptured. I was next to Jesus as a part of His bride and asked Him to save them and He said He would take care of it. One woman there asked me to pray for her husband who was sick and one guy who was Jewish and former orthodox but now atheist, he was the kindest and helped me when they all attacked me and later on a christian forum he asked if someone could pray for his dad who was about to die in a hospital, so I did that. It was at night. There was nobody else. I believe he went to heaven.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  176
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

18 minutes ago, Starise said:

I hope you don't mind me jumping in to comment.

If we call on HIm He knows who you are if you are HIs.( John 10)

Jesus is our mediator so He will hear our prayers. God understands we are going through Jesus to pray if saved, so I would not get all hung up on that.

I  don’t mind if you chip in to comment stuff I actually appreciate it thank you.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Content Per Day:  9.76
  • Days Won:  149

11 minutes ago, RdJ said:

Yes. I believe we can just bind the powers that blind them and pray God opens their eyes.

I get excited just thinking about this. I have continued to pray. 

12 minutes ago, RdJ said:

When we had a church we always prayed for the unsaved and for the ones who were about to die that God would save them last minute.

What a coincidence. I prayed that exact same prayer. " Lord PLEASE" give them a chance and let them see.

I have recently been attending a prayer meetup outside my regular church. This meetup is praying for my entire area and they are drawing people from all over to it.We are all praying for revival.

16 minutes ago, RdJ said:

I have that from Ian McCormack. He was atheist. His mother told him when he was a kid to cry out to God from his heart if he was ever in trouble. He was dying cause he got stung by box jelly fishes. God told his mother that he was nearly dead and she had to go pray, so she prayed. He got flashbacks and saw his mom telling him to pray from his heart, so he said: If there is a God help me to pray and he got the our Father,prayed it and got saved in the ambulance. Then he saw Jesus and could go into heaven, but he wanted to go back for his mom and he saw a lot of others who would believe because of it. He was dead for half an hour or so.

That has always given me faith to pray for the lost.

I have a deep heart for this. One would hope it isn't last minute. Coming to Christ is the main thing no matter when. I'll surely take last minute any day over never making it.

18 minutes ago, RdJ said:

I got saved myself by asking for signs, so I have a lot of faith for them. My dad was atheist. He got saved. His dad was very antitheist. He got saved on his death bed. God said: You have the keys. Use them. Tomorrow will be too late.

With these atheists on that forum I was praying for them and felt like I was raptured. I was next to Jesus as a part of His bride and asked Him to save them and He said He would take care of it. One woman there asked me to pray for her husband who was sick and one guy who was Jewish and former orthodox but now atheist, he was the kindest and helped me when they all attacked me and later on a christian forum he asked if someone could pray for his dad who was about to die in a hospital, so I did that. It was at night. There was nobody else. I believe he went to heaven.

You give me so much hope brother! I think I needed to hear this today as I have been down lately about it.

THANK YOU !

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

I  don’t mind if you chip in to comment stuff I actually appreciate it thank you.

@faithfull-prophet4040 I am sorry to take this slightly off base. You are in my prayers.

Lord please strengthen our brother here. I ask you hand of strength over him when he feels weak. PLease guide him (or her) to the place you want them to be.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1
  • Praying! 2

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  358
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

1 hour ago, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

But isn’t it wrong to pray to Jesus I know it’s said that Jesus is God and I know Jesus has his fathers spirit i

Is it ok to pray to Jesus though? I know he’s Gods son, and is one with his father, but I’ve always been taught that we should only pray to God the Father.

Jesus is our connection to the Father, and he is God with the Father 

John 10:30

I and my Father are one.

John 14:6

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings @faithfull-prophet4040

I was sad reading your OP,I just had this exact same question asked only days ago from a Sister.... It was almost word for word telling me all the things she TRIES & TRIES to be pleasing and acceptable to God .After I responded by suggesting she immerse herself in His Word she literally cut me off excitedly to say how she listens to this preacher,that preachers videos,the Bible on Audio with a commentator,movies ABOUT Jesus,the Bible ALL the time ,etc etc

I said " pick up the Bible and SEEK God with ALL your heart ,soul and mind IN Christ Jesus"

You see,there's a huge difference between knowing all about the Word and Knowing the Living Word of God,Jesus.Its a matter of dying to oneself and Living IN Christ and He IN you_ Knowing Him vs knowing about Him- the saying let go & let God requires no ' effort' it is submitting to Christ to access His Heart and Mind by the Power of Holy Spirit that we are Moved to Walk in His Will and His Ways - there's no TRYING in any of it- you only need feed your spirit in order to Grow in your RELATIONSHIP

I do hope this is helpful- I hope and pray you Receive what is Given here.... get out of your way with all this TRYING and meditate on the Word while seeking Him,He Knows your heart and will Reveal Himself to you BUT the only thing you MUST TRY are the spirits- I don't imagine our Heavenly Father would Lead anyone to walk without socks in the dead of winter for many miles - how does this Glorify our Loving Father?I thibk it makes you seem tue martyr for what effectivd purpose,you see?You must always Try( test) the spirits

We all have a Purpose,we are Called for an elected Purpose that we are well Equipt for- that Purpose Will Always Give God Glory, Honor & Praise.... You need to Know Him to Fill that void as only He Can do.... Less of you my Friend will result in More of Him❤️

Praying for you,be Encouraged ,let go and let God - He Waits with Open Arms to Bring you nearer His Bosom

With love in Christ, Kwik

• Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

6 hours ago, Logostician said:

Jesus is our connection to the Father, and he is God with the Father 

John 10:30

I and my Father are one.

John 14:6

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

This is so important. I would like to know though who and where did he the poster ]  receive this teaching.  I know there some who holds this belief, but scripture makes it abundantly clear that Jesus is Lord, and no one comes to the father but through him.

Where is Mrs. Muffet, she would not have let this slide without posting the take from gotquestion.org, so I will fill in what I would have attempted to say.

gotquestion.org
What does it mean that Jesus is Lord?

However, after the resurrection, the title “Lord,” as applied to Jesus, became much more than a title of honor or respect. Saying, “Jesus is Lord,” became a way of declaring Jesus’ deity. It began with Thomas’ exclamation when Jesus appeared to the disciples after His resurrection: “Thomas said to him, ‘My Lord and my God!’” (John 20:28). From then on, the apostles’ message was that Jesus is Lord, meaning “Jesus is God.” Peter’s sermon on the Day of Pentecost contained that theme: “Let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Messiah” (Acts 2:36). Later, in Cornelius’s house, Peter declared that Jesus is “Lord of all” (Acts 10:36). Note how in Romans 10:9 Jesus’ lordship is linked to His resurrection: “If you declare with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.”

Edited by warrior12

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  403
  • Content Per Day:  0.32

Keep on fighting the 'good fight'.

Try to commit to reading a chapter a day (pref one chapter from old and then new T) The Lord will bless you, and fill any spiritual 'gaps'.

(Don't want to sound like a nutter, but KJV really does do it best)

If you miss, pick yourself up, and start again the next day.

Thankyou for sharing, and Praise The Lord for your deliverance, I've been delivered from addictions aswell. Isn't it amazing when Jesus, The Almighty sets us free?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  136
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  01/01/1978

On 3/7/2024 at 3:21 PM, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

I am a Christian, and I have done things that most would have not done, and that most would have called crazy, and said I went to far but I did them for God. For example I walked in sandals with no socks in winter for 6 miles
Picking up garbage on the side of the road, and filled up garbage bags full of garbadge because I felt that’s what God wanted me to do. I walked around to parking lots where people were, and to houses, a gave almost all of my things to random people, because I felt God wanted me to give to others wethor it left me dry or not to prove myself to God. I also realize God was telling me I didn’t HAVE TO DO ANY OF THESE THINGS, but the point is that I WANTED TO to show him I am and always will be his loyal servant to the loving father almighty, and that I love him with all my heart. I’m not boasting though in any way just to be clear, the reason I’m mentioning these things is because I’ve done them things, I’ve over came many drug addictions, I overcame being an alcoholic, I am working on stopping smoking cigarettes because I started smoking again but stopped vaping. I have dedicated my life to God, and no I don’t expect anything in return except to feel that I am an accomplished Christian that has pleased God, and to feel full when I wake up, full spiritually is what I mean, but when I wake and through the day I feel somewhat empty  spiritually like something’s missing, and I can’t figure out what I need to do. I read Bible verses all the time and religious books, I watch religious videos on YouTube, and preachers preach on YouTube, and good ones too not false teachers. So I don’t know what’s missing, I think it may be Jesus, I have accepted him as savior and, the son of God who died on the cross to save everybody in a specific way he did. I believe he was resureccted by his father 3 days later and that he did all of the things the Bible says he did, and I believe he’s lord under his father God the Almighty but I feel like there’s something holding me back from fully putting my trust in Jesus, and fully accepting him, and I know that Jesus knows that. I just need some good suggestions on what to do and please try hard with your answers because this is probably one of the most important questions I’ve needed an answer for out of all my posts because I keep trying and trying, and still feel as a Christian that something is missing in my life spiritually.

Sounds like you're experiencing Separation from God.

It happens to some of us and the best medicine for this is to look at ALL the miracles since the time of Jesus or earlier, all the way NOW, in order to realize that we are not alone here. 

• Well Said! 1

4 minutes ago, Duck said:

Don't want to sound like a nutter, but KJV really does do it best)

I hate to be a stick here, but I think there are better ones. I knowest that :)

Neither will I argue over it. Not a point of contention with me. I read the NIV mostly and sometimes cf with the KJV. 

Bible reading is a necessity but should never become a legalistic pursuit.