• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Well this was an interesting read. Not sure General here is much different... best to leave that one alone. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,456
  • Content Per Day:  8.13
  • Days Won:  0

20 hours ago, Marathoner said:

This is one of those rare circumstances where I will share some of my eschatological views; in this case, the identity of the dead who shall be resurrected and judged by the Son of God at the end of all things.

We are not dead, my friends... not by any means. We whose lives are hidden in Jesus Christ, and who keep His word, will never taste death (John 8:51). Our place is not with the dead for the Lord is God of the living, not the dead (Mark 12:27). 

We who were once dead in our trespasses have been raised in newness of life in the Spirit with Jesus Christ, and so we are a new creation in the Son of God (2 Corinthians 5:17). We are not dead, nor are we numbered among the dead by the Lord.

I'm not sure what you mean.  You say "we are not dead", and refer to believers who have eternal life.  But surely the physical body will die, for Heb 9:27 says "Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment,".  And Lazarus was clearly dead before Jesus called him out of the grave.

According to 1 Cor 15:23, at the Second Advent, or "when He comes" every believer will be resurrected ("those who belong to Him").

20 hours ago, Marathoner said:

Do I assert these things with authority? No. I share scripture with confidence but so far as my view is concerned, it can change. Indeed, my understanding has changed greatly over time. I learned how to hold my opinions lightly, but to treat you all with great care. My brothers and sisters are more valuable in my estimation. I will be held accountable for how I treat you by the Lord.

My views change when I come across verses that are clear and refute my view.