IGNORED

WHY IS THE WORLD SO OBSESSED WITH COLOR!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

2 minutes ago, FJK said:

Maybe that would be something best addressed by a Jew since it would fall under the common Jewish thinking of the time and need to be looked at in that light?

This is also for us because we are given to live in the New Testament and we need to understand those like the disciples who lived first in the Old Testament as mature men and then they experience the transition between the Old and the New Covenant. 

If you pay critical attention to their writings you will come to understand that they addressed issues to the Jewish people who were in the Old and have now believe in Jesus Christ and issues regarding the ethnic people (the Gentiles who have believed) and the issues between those believing groups and their writings are not specific to the next generation directly to the children of believers. To the children of the Jews believers or to the children of the Gentiles believers. 

And this is why we need to know how it was under the old and the change that came with the new.

1 hour ago, Your closest friendnt said:

When Jesus said to Peter; that the Holy Spirit has revealed that to you. He is making the distinction between the Holy Spirit and God. 

If someone says God revealed this to Peter, this is correct if we take into account that it was the will of God that the Holy Spirit to revealed this to Peter. 

To revealed is not the same as to just tell that to Peter and Peter repeats that as the Holy Spirit said that to me so it must be truth. As when the Archangel Gabriel said that and that gredibility and rialiability should certainly be truth. If Peter has said something like that or Jesus at that time on a word from the gredibility from the Holy Spirit we will need to know how Peter knew it was the Holy Spirit that said that to him and Peter would have been able to answer that question. And do that he would have to make the distinction that it was the Holy Spirit and not Jesus who was standing before him at that specific time before the Cross as it was at that time before the Cross. Before Jesus death on the Cross. As things were at that time and they change after the death of Jesus Christ on the Cross.  

But in this context Peter said something that he was believing with a strong conviction and without any doubt, as if he had come to understand something which had taken roots in him.

Here is Jesus who said to Peter that it is the Holy Spirit who has REVEALED this to you. Jesus made the distinction at that time that it was the Holy Spirit who worked in the heart of Peter to help Peter understand this and was not Him and was not the Heavenly Father.  Because the Heavenly Father was at work with Jesus only. Only Jesus was the Son of God at that time the Son of the Heavenly Father. Many times the Heavenly Father had said that Jesus was his only Son even when John the Baptist was standing next to Jesus at the Jordan River. That's before the Cross. Imidiatly after the resurrection Jesus said to Peter "I am going to show my self to my God and your God. We need to understand the distinctions Jesus is making before we make statements about him and the Heavenly Father and the Holy Spirit for us the Holy Spirit that is working in us the Holy Spirit of the Day of Pentecost. Which work in the believers of Jesus Christ for the first time after the Cross and what Jesus said about that. 

Edited by Your closest friendnt

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

On 3/18/2024 at 3:08 PM, backontrack said:

I think White is beautiful, Black is beautiful, Brown is beautiful, Yellow is beautiful all colors are. Yes, there is ugliness in all colors as far as evil is concerned. God thinks all humans are a wonderful creation and he Loves all humans. One can arrange the colors in an order and it's all good.

I tend to lean to end times. I was just watching something about Nature and how its racist. Movie comes to mind. Steve Martin was talking to his wife and said "can we come back from LALA land now" haha

But amen. Never been hard for me.. I am sure I had my moments but family (step dad) Nez Perce Indian and wife Chinese. I am the only white man in the family haha. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,213
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

28 minutes ago, TheBlade said:

I tend to lean to end times. I was just watching something about Nature and how its racist. Movie comes to mind. Steve Martin was talking to his wife and said "can we come back from LALA land now" haha

But amen. Never been hard for me.. I am sure I had my moments but family (step dad) Nez Perce Indian and wife Chinese. I am the only white man in the family haha. 

My heart goes out for the Native American people as I spent time on Pine Ridge res, I got to know the bloodline chiefs and the daughter who's dad was head over crazy horse monument. Sit in meetings with them and it was not a common thing when they let a white guy in. They said I had pure blood. I have many stories when living in Hot Springs Sd. It was a glorious time. I spent many times weeping over the Lakota Sioux. I was in awe many times, my son is married to a Crow Indian and I will always treasure what I experienced. The first Americans will always have a special place in my Heart. I was elated to hear White Clay Neb closed all the liquor stores. But unfortunately, the Mexican cartel has invaded both the Crow res, and Pine Ridge res with so many drugs it unreal. I pray for them always! The evil Administration we now have running America has destroyed so much and I do not know if it can be undone. We do have an opportunity to spread the Gospel to the 10 million illegals God has to have some kind of plan here. 

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,569
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

God has made it so that there is but one race that is saved out from all races.

Huh?

See Romans 2 for  an explanation that having the saving race is of the heart.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  201
  • Topics Per Day:  0.37
  • Content Count:  3,427
  • Content Per Day:  6.24
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

4 hours ago, Neighbor said:

God has made it so that there is but one race that is saved out from all races.

Huh?

See Romans 2 for  an explanation that having the saving race is of the heart.

Neither Jew nor Greek, Scythian, Barbarian or whatever in Christ, right? Just the one new man - HALLELUJAH!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  201
  • Topics Per Day:  0.37
  • Content Count:  3,427
  • Content Per Day:  6.24
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

On 3/18/2024 at 2:08 PM, backontrack said:

I think White is beautiful, Black is beautiful, Brown is beautiful, Yellow is beautiful all colors are. Yes, there is ugliness in all colors as far as evil is concerned. God thinks all humans are a wonderful creation and he Loves all humans. One can arrange the colors in an order and it's all good.

The first few times I saw the title of this thread I didn't think of responding, because I thought you were just speaking of color in general - like the color of clothing, color of cars or whatever . . .  :thinking:

But I'll trot out the answer I gave my dad once when he started one of his semi-bigoted rants (he doesn't think like that any more, I'm happy to say):  Just three generations of mandatory interracial marriage and we won't have much difference in color to divide over!  (of course, old Adam would just find something else to be divisive about)

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,125
  • Content Per Day:  7.06
  • Days Won:  97

44 minutes ago, Vine Abider said:

Just three generations of mandatory interracial marriage and we won't have much difference in color to divide over!  (of course, old Adam would just find something else to be divisive about)

That's a great way to discover that the color of one's skin did indeed matter in the U.S. not that long ago. My paternal grandfather was white, and my paternal grandmother was "colored." She was subject to Jim Crow laws in a southern state which is an umbrella term for mandated stratified segregation; she was not afforded the same rights and protection under the law that my grandfather and his family took for granted. So, what happened when those two had a child together?

First, my grandfather couldn't marry her in a courthouse or church because that sort of marriage wasn't permitted. Second, my paternal great-grandmother arranged for my father's kidnapping from the shack his mother lived in (she was dirt poor) because she didn't want him reared by a colored woman. Third, there wasn't a thing my grandmother could do about it. She was colored so law enforcement ignored her, and she was destitute so she couldn't hire a high-powered attorney to represent her in court. 

I never met her. My father was lied to by his father's clan. They told him that his mother abandoned him because she didn't want him. He was beaten and abused by relatives because his mother was a colored woman. That's how it was in the southern United States a few generations ago. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

Neither Jew nor Greek, Scythian, Barbarian or whatever in Christ, right? Just the one new man - HALLELUJAH!!!

That's very strange, extremely strange. What do you mean " Just the one new man".

Peter the disciples of Jesus disagree with that and so do I. 

Edited by Your closest friendnt
  • Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.36
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  7.13
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

19 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

That's very strange, extremely strange. What do you mean " Just the one new man".

Peter the disciples of Jesus disagree with that and so do I. 

Ephesians 2:

11 Therefore remember that you, once Gentiles in the flesh—who are called Uncircumcision by what is called the Circumcision made in the flesh by hands—

12 that at that time you were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world. 

13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.

14 For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation, 

15 having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace

16 and that He might reconcile them both to God in one body through the cross, thereby putting to death the enmity. 

17 And He came and preached peace to you who were afar off and to those who were near. 

18 For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1