• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Ghostdog said:

we dont hear Gods "voice" we hear the holy spirit that speaks for him

How can we understand that by looking into some Scripture? 

Someone may be wondering why there is no reference to some book in the bible or to someone who said something about that or just post the scripture or recolle it by memory, even that will do.

So this is the question. Is there a scripture from a reputable sourse,  emphasizing from a reputable sourse.  Even if it is not but it is in the bible that will do and it will be considered. 

All this instead of saying; are you sure you are right? Because obviously there are many people who read the bible and are wondering where did you read that, where in the bible and you could be right. 

Edited by Your closest friendnt

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,558
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

I've heard God's voice clearest when I'm in church. 

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.62

On 3/20/2024 at 5:37 AM, Starise said:

How have you heard the "voice" of God?

Do events steer you? Do people steer you? Does an internal leaning steer you ? Presumably the voice of God.

When have you heard His voice the loudest, and  have you maybe wondered at times if he was there at all? 

No one "hears" the audible voice of God, but he speaks to us in many ways. Personally I hear from God in scripture but 90% of the time I hear from Jesus is in my conscience which probably happens 50 times a day. God speaks to us all, but many don't listen. On occasion I think God speaks through other people but I think this is more rare than people actually think. I often have thoughts that I'm not sure if they are from Jesus or my own thoughts. I'm that case, I test them. I decide, does this thought cause me to sin or will it lead me into possible sin? Will this thought contradict what I know of what Jesus wants me to do? If the answer to both of those is no, then I accept it as the word of Jesus. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Interesting! 1

• Group:  Royal Member

1 hour ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

No one "hears" the audible voice of God, but he speaks to us in many ways. Personally I hear from God in scripture but 90% of the time I hear from Jesus is in my conscience which probably happens 50 times a day. God speaks to us all, but many don't listen. On occasion I think God speaks through other people but I think this is more rare than people actually think. I often have thoughts that I'm not sure if they are from Jesus or my own thoughts. I'm that case, I test them. I decide, does this thought cause me to sin or will it lead me into possible sin? Will this thought contradict what I know of what Jesus wants me to do? If the answer to both of those is no, then I accept it as the word of Jesus. 

I respect what you said. 

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

22 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Hi Are you attributing a gender to God, or are you talking about your mother still?

Haha pfft no, and its ok I just deleted it. Trust me its better that way. I end up more often then not explaining not what I was trying to say but spelling, grammar blah blah blah.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

2 hours ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

May I ask why do you believe no one "hears" the audible voice of God? Well to make that kind of statement you have some reason for believing it. Some will quote the OT and then how were not adding to Scripture any more. To just take one verse OT "And your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, ‘This is the way, walk in it,’ when you turn to the right or when you turn to the left.”.  

Did Christ mean something else when He said my sheep hear/listen to my voice? We test it amen and for me never heard audible but He always makes sure its in His word. The last time at the end He said "I am the vine you are the branches".

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  4,255
  • Content Per Day:  1.54
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  10/04/1980

7 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

How can we understand that by looking into some Scripture? 

Someone may be wondering why there is no reference to some book in the bible or to someone who said something about that or just post the scripture or recolle it by memory, even that will do.

So this is the question. Is there a scripture from a reputable sourse,  emphasizing from a reputable sourse.  Even if it is not but it is in the bible that will do and it will be considered. 

All this instead of saying; are you sure you are right? Because obviously there are many people who read the bible and are wondering where did you read that, where in the bible and you could be right. 

deut 4:33 amp

Did [any] people ever hear the voice of God speaking out of the midst of the fire, as you heard, and [still] live?

@Ghostdog

Your post had two parts that could be considered.

The first one was about hearing God's voice and the later part that we hear the Holy Spirit who speaks on his behalf. 

I was expecting something relevant to us from the New Testament. 

I read the scripture from Deu.  and that happened in the Old Testament when the Israelites heard God talking to them in the dessert from Mount Sinai when it was in flames with Moses at that time. When they enter in the Covenant of Sinai with them.  Thank you for the scripture that was interesting and at that time God spoke to them. They were gathered all of them together when God spoke to them. There is nothing about the Holy Spirit. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,079
  • Content Per Day:  9.76
  • Days Won:  149

16 hours ago, TheBlade said:

Haha pfft no, and its ok I just deleted it. Trust me its better that way. I end up more often then not explaining not what I was trying to say but spelling, grammar blah blah blah.

Why? I as going to comment on it.

I believe God was in what you said.

• Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  4,255
  • Content Per Day:  1.54
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  10/04/1980

13 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

@Ghostdog

Your post had two parts that could be considered.

The first one was about hearing God's voice and the later part that we hear the Holy Spirit who speaks on his behalf. 

I was expecting something relevant to us from the New Testament. 

I read the scripture from Deu.  and that happened in the Old Testament when the Israelites heard God talking to them in the dessert from Mount Sinai when it was in flames with Moses at that time. When they enter in the Covenant of Sinai with them.  Thank you for the scripture that was interesting and at that time God spoke to them. They were gathered all of them together when God spoke to them. There is nothing about the Holy Spirit. 

sorry i was in a bit of a hurry when i posted this. so i read this passage as nobody can hear Gods voice and live so he has to use the holy spirit to communicate with us kind of like a buffer.