• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,079
  • Content Per Day:  9.76
  • Days Won:  149

1 hour ago, grahampaul said:

He sure does speak us in many ways.

The bible is generally specific and many times we can find those answers in it.

Other times it isn't specific enough and we need specific answers, so God directs us to them in one way or another. 

Has that been your experience?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

22 hours ago, Starise said:

The bible is generally specific and many times we can find those answers in it.

Other times it isn't specific enough and we need specific answers, so God directs us to them in one way or another. 

Has that been your experience?

ONLY because you said "other ways" not sure if it falls into that. Out of all the times He has spoken be it His word, or within, or music YES. The one that still gets me today is I was 17 coming out of High School one day and crossing the street this car pulls up says "are you Danny so and so" I said yes. They said "the lord told me to tell you to run home". Yes the lord also confirmed it (always will)  told someone else the same thing but they didn't.. they knew where I came from. Them not telling me. That cost them. They paid a huge price. When GOD tells us to do something. Those that know HIM and don't.. 

That one still gets me. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Interesting! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

13 hours ago, TheBlade said:

ONLY because you said "other ways" not sure if it falls into that. Out of all the times He has spoken be it His word, or within, or music YES. The one that still gets me today is I was 17 coming out of High School one day and crossing the street this car pulls up says "are you Danny so and so" I said yes. They said "the lord told me to tell you to run home". Yes the lord also confirmed it (always will)  told someone else the same thing but they didn't.. they knew where I came from. Them not telling me. That cost them. They paid a huge price. When GOD tells us to do something. Those that know HIM and don't.. 

That one still gets me. 

Amazing story. I haven’t had anything like that happen, but I have felt God working specifically to work events in my life that in some cases probably saved my life.

I can get lost in worship. We are there to give Him worship. If we were praising coming in the door, it isn’t hard. Then He reciprocates a blessing sometimes. You know He’s there and there’s nothing quite like it.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

AND  THEIR  EARS  ARE  DULL  OF  HEARING 

PHILIPPIANS 2:21  for all seek their own not the things which are  JESUS  CHRISTS 

ACTS 22:10  and I said what shall I do  LORD  and the  LORD  said unto me arise and go into damascus and there it shall be told thee of all things which are appointed for thee to do 

--22:11--  and when I could not see for the glory of that light being led by the hand of them that were with me I came into damascus 

--22:12--  and one ananias a devout man according to the law having a good report of all the jews which dwelt there 

--22:13--  came unto me and stood and said unto me brother saul receive thy sight and the same hour I looked up upon him

--22:14-- and he said  --THE  GOD--  of our fathers hath chosen thee that thou shouldest ---know  HIS  will---  and see that  --JUST  ONE--  and shouldest hear the voice of  HIS  mouth 

--22:15--  FOR  THOU  SHALT  BE  --HIS  WITNESS--  UNTO  ALL  MEN  OF  WHAT  THOU  HAST  SEEN  AND  HEARD 

ROMANS 12:1  I beseech you therefore brethren by the mercies of  GOD  that you present your bodies a living sacrifice holy acceptable unto  GOD  which is your reasonable service 

--12:2--  and be not conformed to this world but be you transformed by the renewing of your mind ---that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of  GOD---

1 CORINTHIANS 1:10  now I beseech you brethren by the name of our  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST  ---that you all speak the same thing  ---  and that there be no divisions among you  ---  but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment--- 

1 CORINTHIANS 11:1  be you followers of me even as I also am of  CHRIST 

ROMANS 15:4  for whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope 

ACTS 17:11  these were more noble than those in thessalonica in that they received the word with all readiness of mind and searched the scriptures daily whether those things were so

MATTHEW 13:15  for this peoples heart is waxed gross and their ears --ARE  DULL  OF  HEARING  --  AND  THEIR  EYES  THEY  HAVE  CLOSED--  LEST  AT  ANY  TIME  THEY  SHOULD  SEE  WITH  THEIR  EYES  AND  HEAR  WITH  THEIR  EARS  AND  SHOULD  UNDERSTAND  WITH  THEIR  HEART  ---  AND  SHOULD  BE  CONVERTED  --  AND  I  SHOULD  HEAL  THEM

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, steve morrow said:

AND  THEIR  EARS  ARE  DULL  OF  HEARING 

PHILIPPIANS 2:21  for all seek their own not the things which are  JESUS  CHRISTS 

ACTS 22:10  and I said what shall I do  LORD  and the  LORD  said unto me arise and go into damascus and there it shall be told thee of all things which are appointed for thee to do 

--22:11--  and when I could not see for the glory of that light being led by the hand of them that were with me I came into damascus 

--22:12--  and one ananias a devout man according to the law having a good report of all the jews which dwelt there 

--22:13--  came unto me and stood and said unto me brother saul receive thy sight and the same hour I looked up upon him

--22:14-- and he said  --THE  GOD--  of our fathers hath chosen thee that thou shouldest ---know  HIS  will---  and see that  --JUST  ONE--  and shouldest hear the voice of  HIS  mouth 

--22:15--  FOR  THOU  SHALT  BE  --HIS  WITNESS--  UNTO  ALL  MEN  OF  WHAT  THOU  HAST  SEEN  AND  HEARD 

ROMANS 12:1  I beseech you therefore brethren by the mercies of  GOD  that you present your bodies a living sacrifice holy acceptable unto  GOD  which is your reasonable service 

--12:2--  and be not conformed to this world but be you transformed by the renewing of your mind ---that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of  GOD---

1 CORINTHIANS 1:10  now I beseech you brethren by the name of our  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST  ---that you all speak the same thing  ---  and that there be no divisions among you  ---  but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment--- 

1 CORINTHIANS 11:1  be you followers of me even as I also am of  CHRIST 

ROMANS 15:4  for whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope 

ACTS 17:11  these were more noble than those in thessalonica in that they received the word with all readiness of mind and searched the scriptures daily whether those things were so

MATTHEW 13:15  for this peoples heart is waxed gross and their ears --ARE  DULL  OF  HEARING  --  AND  THEIR  EYES  THEY  HAVE  CLOSED--  LEST  AT  ANY  TIME  THEY  SHOULD  SEE  WITH  THEIR  EYES  AND  HEAR  WITH  THEIR  EARS  AND  SHOULD  UNDERSTAND  WITH  THEIR  HEART  ---  AND  SHOULD  BE  CONVERTED  --  AND  I  SHOULD  HEAL  THEM

That last verse touches on something I don't think we've discussed.

Why the lost don't hear?

The verse says they are dull of hearing. If you can imagine a person who is hard of hearing you have it. If the problem is bad enough they don't hear anything. 

The spiritual dullness comes from a closed heart which is not open to hearing. You can't see if you're eyes are closed. Closing one's eyes are a willful act as I believe this implies a willful act NOT to see. This is why they can't be converted. 

Only God can convict them to open their eyes and ears. My prayer is He won't give up on them because then it's too late. I would like to think He never gives up, but I know better. I do however believe He gives them more chances that most men would.

Matthew was specifically pointed at the Jews, so even though it speaks to all, they are specifically blinded in some cases as other scriptures will attest.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

WHY  CALL  YOU  ME  LORD  LORD 

PROVERBS 1:25  but you have set at nought all  MY  counsel and would none of  MY  reproof 

--1:26--  I also will laugh at your calamity I will mock when your fear cometh

***LUKE 6:46 and why call you me  LORD  LORD  and do not the things I say***

LUKE 8:21  and  HE  answered and said unto them  MY  mother and  MY  brethren are these which hear the word of  GOD  do it 

JOHN 8:47  HE  THAT  IS  OF  GOD  HEARETH  GODS  WORDS  YOU  THEREFORE  HEAR  THEM  NOT  BECAUSE  YOU  ARE  NOT  OF  GOD

22 hours ago, steve morrow said:

WHY  CALL  YOU  ME  LORD  LORD 

PROVERBS 1:25  but you have set at nought all  MY  counsel and would none of  MY  reproof 

--1:26--  I also will laugh at your calamity I will mock when your fear cometh

***LUKE 6:46 and why call you me  LORD  LORD  and do not the things I say***

LUKE 8:21  and  HE  answered and said unto them  MY  mother and  MY  brethren are these which hear the word of  GOD  do it 

JOHN 8:47  HE  THAT  IS  OF  GOD  HEARETH  GODS  WORDS  YOU  THEREFORE  HEAR  THEM  NOT  BECAUSE  YOU  ARE  NOT  OF  GOD

We have people attempting to talk with the Lord when they were unwilling to do anything He said.

And this has always surprised me. God isn't sad when calamity comes. He laughs at these particular individuals. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  450
  • Content Per Day:  4.74
  • Days Won:  1

6 minutes ago, Starise said:

We have people attempting to talk with the Lord when they were unwilling to do anything He said.

And this has always surprised me. God isn't sad when calamity comes. He laughs at these particular individuals. 

Yes, Psalm 2 is a prime example.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, D. Adrien said:

Yes, Psalm 2 is a prime example.

My prayer is for those I am burdened for, that God will never relegate them to laughing status. That He will continue to work on them.

I haven't heard "too far gone" yet, so that's the mentality I have.

• Thumbs Up 1