• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,094
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/20/2024 at 8:29 AM, Starise said:

I agree His voice comes through the word, but I don't think it's always only the word. 

And it's always a good thing to have the word in our hearts no doubt. Yet if we follow scripture we see God speaking in various other ways.

God's voice is The Word, but also the Holy Spirit, but being as God is a Spirit He speaks to us in the Spirit, the problem is most people do not understand how to TUNE God in. For starters, prayer, and (very important) WAITING ON the Lord as you are praying, there comes a point where you just sit still and WAIT upon the habitation of the Lord. The Lord inhabits the Prayers of His people. Expect God to show up and commune with you and He will but if you do not have time to WAIT He may not show up.

Then you will hear His small still voice clearly.

Atheists can never understand this concept, if the atheist is a "Smoker" I can usually demonstrate this in basic terms they can grasp. I simply ask them, when you want a cigarette do you (lets say his name is Mike) say Mike, take out a Cig, and light it up or do you just "TAKE OUT THE CIG.......and light it up?" And they say, well, of course I just take it out and light it up. So, I am like, "well your spirit sent that message unto your brain, because YOUR WILL was to smoke". God as a Spirit talks unto you in the same manner, He is not a human nor an Angel with a body, He is a Spirit. Nothing God has ever been or is now has ever changed, He is constant in all of His ways. So, we can only hear God by learning to "tune Him in". 

IF.........we listen to a Talk Show on our drive in to work, and lets say Rock Music on our drive home from work, and if we watch Sports or Movies on Nights and Weekends, and if we go to a Bar or a Movie, or Bowling, and spend ONE HOUR a week with God on Sunday, who are we going to hear in our spirit? Satan will be whispering unto us 24/7/365 pretty much. 

Edited by Revelation Man
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

On 3/20/2024 at 7:37 PM, Starise said:

How have you heard the "voice" of God?

Do events steer you? Do people steer you? Does an internal leaning steer you ? Presumably the voice of God.

When have you heard His voice the loudest, and  have you maybe wondered at times if he was there at all? 

It is important to distinguish "academic epiphanies" from Spirit-led revelations. Too many preachers mistake the former for the latter, in my opinion. The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord and if this has been your case through various trials and via various interventions, I guess you have been hearing His faint promptings. 

Edited by The Hare
premature prior posting
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,104
  • Content Per Day:  9.70
  • Days Won:  149

22 hours ago, The Hare said:

It is important to distinguish "academic epiphanies" from Spirit-led revelations. Too many preachers mistake the former for the latter, in my opinion. The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord and if this has been your case through various trials and via various interventions, I guess you have been hearing His faint promptings. 

I could dramatize this, and yes hearing God is always special for me, but not so dramatic as it’s a fairly common occurrence as I suspect it is with many or most believers.

For instance, I might awake and think to myself, should I attend church today? This would really be my lazy flesh trying to question what I already know the answer to deep down. Sometimes I think we do that. We ask God questions we already knew the answers to. What might be more confusing is which church? And we might be seeking the Lord on that one. Waiting on His leading. 
A friend of mine who held home church for several years relocated and jokingly told me he didn’t want to go to ‘church’.

I knew what he meant by that. His church had comfortably been at his home and now he had to go to a church building. Legalism would say it should be in a church building. Obviously not the voice of God. I don’t believe God speaks through people who make up rules and then tell us what we ‘should’ do.

I once had a pastor scold me for attending another church with my girlfriend( pre marriage days). In his thinking it was wrong not to attend the church I was a member of, even if my girlfriend was there.

This is where people will try to pass legalism off as the voice of God. 
Scripture can be misrepresented under the guise of love when really what it is, is manipulation.

The leading of the Lord is peaceful, not pushy.

If God really is leading, and we run from it, We don’t get very far before the realization eventually comes. Which brings up another issue. Do we always want to hear the voice of God?

John 10”my sheep hear my voice”. Sometimes as believers I think we can become full of hearing, or we don’t want to know. Why would that be? Possibly we dread the outcome we think is in store. Jonah would be a good example of this. Don’t you think Samson didn’t hear that small voice, “she is bad for you”?

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,225
  • Content Per Day:  7.08
  • Days Won:  99

"Legalism" is merely the natural man's inclination toward ritual and familiarity, something which he controls himself. In this way the religion of man is recognized as idolatry because he worships himself. The golden calf is the archetype:

An idol that is inert and mute. It cannot move without men to move it; it cannot speak unless men speak for it.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,104
  • Content Per Day:  9.70
  • Days Won:  149

11 hours ago, Marathoner said:

"Legalism" is merely the natural man's inclination toward ritual and familiarity, something which he controls himself. In this way the religion of man is recognized as idolatry because he worships himself. The golden calf is the archetype:

An idol that is inert and mute. It cannot move without men to move it; it cannot speak unless men speak for it.

I was thinking of the modern day equivalent to idols in the western world.

That would probably be “things” like houses and cars and vacations.

Anything that soothes the self or that the self likes which is put before God. None of it will ever deeply satisfy in the way a relationship with God satisfies.

Everyone living for the now with no thoughts to eternity, when we should be using the now to prepare for the later. Of course they tell us there is no later and so they all live accordingly. A by product of infected thinking that seems good.

No harm in enjoying those things in the right balance.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  470
  • Content Per Day:  4.39
  • Days Won:  1

20 hours ago, Starise said:

I was thinking of the modern day equivalent to idols in the western world.

That would probably be “things” like houses and cars and vacations.

Anything that soothes the self or that the self likes which is put before God. None of it will ever deeply satisfy in the way a relationship with God satisfies.

Everyone living for the now with no thoughts to eternity, when we should be using the now to prepare for the later. Of course they tell us there is no later and so they all live accordingly. A by product of infected thinking that seems good.

No harm in enjoying those things in the right balance.

Idols can be almost anything that is placed ahead of God. A Christian may spend an hour in prayer and bible study and then game on a computer for 12 hours. Is this an idol?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,517
  • Content Per Day:  12.16
  • Days Won:  31

10 hours ago, D. Adrien said:

Idols can be almost anything that is placed ahead of God. A Christian may spend an hour in prayer and bible study and then game on a computer for 12 hours. Is this an idol?

@D. Adrien Nothing like prayer and the Scriptures to help prioritize........

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  470
  • Content Per Day:  4.39

1 minute ago, farouk said:

@D. Adrien Nothing like prayer and the Scriptures to help prioritize........

Or to assuage a conscience.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,265
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

On 4/26/2024 at 12:14 PM, Revelation Man said:

IF.........we listen to a Talk Show on our drive in to work, and lets say Rock Music on our drive home from work, and if we watch Sports or Movies on Nights and Weekends, and if we go to a Bar or a Movie, or Bowling, and spend ONE HOUR a week with God on Sunday, who are we going to hear in our spirit? Satan will be whispering unto us 24/7/365 pretty much. 

default_thumbsup.gif.fddbfcd8a1f904f34e6256da81febb1e.gif

"If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching,

do not receive him into your house (TV-PC) or give him any greeting,

For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds."

2 John 1:10-11

We do bring all sorts of messages into our home now, digitally.

Entertainment  =  dopamine release...

Does what we see on TV/PC teach God's message, or the devil's?

It is programming us whether we know/believe it or not.....default_cool2.gif.9c5bbd3987870699353b2d321fd58057.gif
Not being legalistic! 
Being sensitive to the intended subtle (whispered) messages.
A no-brainer..

360_F_655173886_9fxaF2sOE2RtO1uWzlnJVfcmkUEbBqy2.jpg.654e51b7158e778dfd168d1bfd277f0f.jpg

Thanks, Revelation Man...

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,056
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

OTHER  GODS 

ROMANS 2:11  FOR  THERE  IS  NO  RESPECT  OF  PERSONS  WITH  GOD

PHILIPPIANS 1:27  only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of  CHRIST  that whether I come and see you or else be absent I may hear of your affairs ---that you stand fast in one spirit with one mind--- striving together for the faith of the gospel

EPHESIANS 4:4  there is one body and one spirit even as you are called in one hope of your calling

1 CORINTHIANS 6:17  but he that is joined unto  THE  LORD  is one spirit 

1 CORINTHIANS 1:10  now I beseech you brethren by the name of our  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST  --that you all speak the same thing--that there be no divisions among you -- but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment --

JOHN 6:63  it is the spirit that quickeneth the flesh profiteth nothing the words that I speak unto you they are --  sprit  --  and they are  -- life --

1 CORINTHIANS 2:16  for who hath known the mind of  THE  LORD  that he may instruct him  --BUT  WE  HAVE  THE  MIND  OF  CHRIST--

JEREMIAH 22:9  then they shall answer because they have forsaken the covenant of  THE  LORD  their  GOD  and worshipped other gods and served them

EZEKIEL 13:3  thus saith  THE  LORD  GOD  woe unto the foolish prophets that follow their own spirit and have seen nothing

EZEKIEL 37:14  and shall put  MY  spirit in you and you shall live and I shall place you in your own land then shall you know that  I  THE  LORD  have spoken it and performed it saith  THE  LORD 

1 JOHN 2:6  he that saith he abideth in  HIM  ought himself also to walk even as  HE  walked 

1 JOHN 2:17  and the world passeth away and the lust thereof ---but he that doeth the will of  GOD--- abideth forever

PROVERBS 4:2  for I give you good doctrine forsake not  MY  law

TITUS 2:7  in all things showing thyself a pattern of good works in --DOCTRINE-- showing uncorruptness gravity sincerity

1 TIMOTHY 6:3  if any man teach otherwise and consent not to wholesome words even ---the words of our  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST  and to the  --DOCTRINE-- which is according to godliness

--6:4-- he is proud  --  knowing nothing but doting about questions and strifes of words whereof cometh envy strife railings evil surmisings

TITUS 1:1  paul a servant of  GOD  and an apostle of  JESUS  CHRIST  according to the faith of  GODS  elect and the acknowledging of  --the truth--  WHICH  IS  AFTER  GODLINESS  --

2 JOHN 1:9 whosoever transgresseth and abideth not in --THE  DOCTRINE  OF  CHRIST--  HATH  NOT  GOD  --  he that abideth in the doctrine of  CHRIST  he hath both -- THE  FATHER  AND  THE  SON--

JEREMIAH 25:6  AND  GO  NOT  AFTER  OTHER  GODS  TO  SERVE  THEM  AND  TO  WORSHIP  THEM  AND  PROVOKE  ME  NOT  TO  ANGER  WITH  THE  WORKS  OF  YOUR  HANDS  ---AND  I  WILL  DO  YOU  NO  HURT---

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST