• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.75
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/28/2024 at 4:43 PM, BlindSeeker said:

Sorry, in reviewing the tread I saw I miss this question. My answer would be with pilgrims and puritans. A major part of their wanting to come here was to get out from under the Church of England and pursue freedom of religion, in fact I would say that was their primary motive. In fact, if my recall of history hasn't failed me, some felt it so vital for the growth of the true church, more stayed behind in servitude to afford the opportunity for the rest to go.

Yes, I’m going to agree with your answer, but how did the Christians get the England? They must have cross the Caucus mountains from Israel and once they got to England, they moved to Canada and the USA

thus I come to conclusion, we are the Israelites, the lost 10 tribes 

My research tells me I’m from the house of Dan  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, warrior12 said:

This is where it gets confusing or obscure.  Some would quote Paul writing , saying there is no Jew nor gentile ect.   Also as I understand, Israel is a secular state and there are debates on how many Jewish people, even those living in Israel follow or practice their Jewish heritage.   

I do see from scripture ,that the Jewish people are God chosen people and he has made a convernat with them forever, even though they have broken the commandments and laws that they are to follow. 

But as New Testament believers,  how does the Jews favour in the book of revelation is for someone to explain clearly as I see they are quoted all over the place in different ways.

Yeah, I understand that there are several different ways that people define Jews or Israel, and it can be confusing.

The way I see it, there is a group of people of Jewish heritage who believe they are God's chosen yet exalt themselves above Christ and reject Him.  They are very wealthy and powerful and evil.  They reside primarily in western culture, but not exclusively.  This is who I consider to be the harlot.  Their power is waning, though, as the beast and his 10 horns are undermining their control.  This is evidenced by the exposing of their corruption and erosion of their hegemony.

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.90
  • Days Won:  1

13 hours ago, Last Daze said:

Their power is waning, though, as the beast and his 10 horns are undermining their control.  This is evidenced by the exposing of their corruption and erosion of their hegemony.

I don't see this happening, can you explain?

19 hours ago, BlindSeeker said:

I know you’re saying no to the sea representing the mass of humanity. Where is this abyss? Is it in a sea, or no?

In case you are looking for a scriptural example of the sea being used as a metaphor for the abyss, consider this passage:

It is not in heaven, that you could say, ‘Who will go up to heaven for us and get it for us, and proclaim it to us, so that we may follow it?’ Nor is it beyond the sea, that you could say, ‘Who will cross the sea for us and get it for us and proclaim it to us, so that we may follow it?’  Deuteronomy 30:12-13

And Paul's paraphrasing of it:

But the righteousness based on faith speaks as follows: “Do not say in your heart, ‘Who will go up into heaven?’ (that is, to bring Christ down), or ‘Who will descend into the abyss?’ (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead).” But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart”—that is, the word of faith which we are preaching.  Romans 10:6-8

I think they used the sea as a metaphor for the bottomless pit (abyss) because to them it was bottomless.

1 hour ago, FJK said:

I don't see this happening, can you explain?

I can, but I won't because the information is readily available.

6 minutes ago, Last Daze said:

I can, but I won't because the information is readily available.

No, it isn't.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, FJK said:

No, it isn't.

It may help if point out that the beast and his 10 horns are evil spirit beings as evidenced by their coming up out of the abyss, and that they work to cast down the harlot in preparation for the rise of the man of sin.

So, while I may not be able to say that horn #3 did this and #8 is responsible for that, anything leading to the harlot's demise is very likely in some way traceable back to the beast and his 10 horns.  They utterly despise her. 

If you're not able to see the harlot's corruption and wickedness and decay being exposed, just give it a year or so and you won't be able to help but see it.

1 hour ago, Last Daze said:

It may help if point out that the beast and his 10 horns are evil spirit beings as evidenced by their coming up out of the abyss, and that they work to cast down the harlot in preparation for the rise of the man of sin.

So, while I may not be able to say that horn #3 did this and #8 is responsible for that, anything leading to the harlot's demise is very likely in some way traceable back to the beast and his 10 horns.  They utterly despise her. 

If you're not able to see the harlot's corruption and wickedness and decay being exposed, just give it a year or so and you won't be able to help but see it.

You say it is a certain unnamed group of Jewish people and that their power is waning.

I don't see that as being true in either case.

Which is why I asked the question in the first place.

6 minutes ago, FJK said:

You say it is a certain unnamed group of Jewish people and that their power is waning.

I don't see that as being true in either case.

I'm not sure how thoroughly you've looked but no matter, it will become clear soon.

I don't know you but if you're one of those people who thinks that Jews can do no wrong and you must bless them even in their wickedness, you've been hoodwinked.

God never told Israel that He'd bless those who blessed him.  God made that promise to Abraham.  The harlot has deceived many by misappropriating that verse.  I used to be one of them.

1 minute ago, Last Daze said:

I'm not sure how thoroughly you've looked but no matter, it will become clear soon.

I don't know you but if you're one of those people who thinks that Jews can do no wrong and you must bless them even in their wickedness, you've been hoodwinked.

God never told Israel that He'd bless those who blessed him.  God made that promise to Abraham.  The harlot has deceived many by misappropriating that verse.  I used to be one of them.

You seem to be talking in generalizations without specific meaning, this can lead to large misunderstandings.

So for the sake of clarity could you name a few of those Jews you have referred to and show how they are losing power as their corruption is being exposed?

That would make things clear and leave no interpretive guesswork about meanings to cause misunderstanding.