• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

On 4/1/2024 at 9:41 AM, other one said:

Well, maybe it's just as well, for it is April Fools' Day.  I have thought and thought, and I don't recollect ever finding anything that was noteworthy.  But then again at 77 sometimes I can't remember what I did last week.

I'm with you Brother- I don't recall finding anything that was noteworthy as far as material objects -what rusts,decays and means nothing anyway. I don't remember what I ate last night- I'd have to really think about it

But what I have found that are priceless is my Sami and Max.....who could throw away such a treasure?

20240402_055630.jpg.445aba93587599364d15a684ee1207ec.jpg

This is Sami and here is Max,Max was not lost by anyone- he was born of a feral but I indeed found him

IMG_20221026_153616393.jpg.497e42b58a74cf3479d8ba71d340dcec.jpg

• Loved it! 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,213
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

6 hours ago, farouk said:

@RdJ Make sure it wasn't a listening device of some sort, during the Cold War? Austria was a hotbed of spies.........

Really? It was just on the camping.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  4.75

On 4/1/2024 at 12:20 AM, Michael37 said:

I found this Swiss Army Knife buried in the garden. It was well rusted up but now all 6 elements open.

What have you found?

image.png.4434c4106cbd7754459d9eb84f818294.png

There is a grocery store near me with a machine you put change in and it counts it and you get a receipt to get cash at the service desk. People don't check the rejected coin box. I do every time I am there and take the coins home to see better with my magnifying glass.  I have found coins from maybe two dozen different countries and also very old America coins. Indian head penny, for example. Over 100 years old. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,670
  • Content Per Day:  12.22
  • Days Won:  31

1 hour ago, PraiseHim1004 said:

There is a grocery store near me with a machine you put change in and it counts it and you get a receipt to get cash at the service desk. People don't check the rejected coin box. I do every time I am there and take the coins home to see better with my magnifying glass.  I have found coins from maybe two dozen different countries and also very old America coins. Indian head penny, for example. Over 100 years old. 

Some years ago I found an old cent dated many decades ago, still in circulation..........

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  4.75

7 minutes ago, farouk said:

Some years ago I found an old cent dated many decades ago, still in circulation..........

When I was a kid ages ago I could not find wheat stalk pennies in charge hardly ever. Now, I have gotten many. 

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, PraiseHim1004 said:

When I was a kid ages ago I could not find wheat stalk pennies in charge hardly ever. Now, I have gotten many. 

You remind me of a poem by A E Houseman, along the lines of, When I was a young man I went to the fair, but didn't have enough pennies. Now I have plenty pennies, but where is the young man?...........

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,271
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, PraiseHim1004 said:

There is a grocery store near me with a machine you put change in and it counts it and you get a receipt to get cash at the service desk. People don't check the rejected coin box.

As a young kid I discovered back then, 50's,  that when people drop coins when getting a coke or cigarette vending machine etc, they just leave them if they roll under the machine. I would get a stick and  pull them out, getting enough to get some candy.

Once I found a large pile of coins under a juke box, all to one side.  I wondered why that was. The juke box was enclosed within a small shed building and the door was shut and locked at night. The sides were very tight against the juke box. I started reaching in and with touch found a coin return slot crammed full to over flowing....

For a kid it was a great find and I never told anyone about the discovery.
I lived on ice cold chocolate eclairs with lemon filling till I got sick...
default_cool2.gif.d227a00d307ed97e82efbd64adf6abb5.gif

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Sower said:

As a young kid I discovered back then, 50's,  that when people drop coins when getting a coke or cigarette vending machine etc, they just leave them if they roll under the machine. I would get a stick and  pull them out, getting enough to get some candy.

Once I found a large pile of coins under a juke box, all to one side.  I wondered why that was. The juke box was enclosed within a small shed building and the door was shut and locked at night. The sides were very tight against the juke box. I started reaching in and with touch found a coin return slot crammed full to over flowing....

For a kid it was a great find and I never told anyone about the discovery.
I lived on ice cold chocolate eclairs with lemon filling till I got sick...
default_cool2.gif.d227a00d307ed97e82efbd64adf6abb5.gif

It would be a moot point to figure who really owned the lost coins. The juke box customer? the juke box company? the proprietor of the property where the juke box was installed?

(I read a story about a juke box installer who turned out to be a Soviet spy.....)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,451
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

My first car in Canada, I bought at an auction for 800. It was a 1985 Buick park avenue. That car was fully electronic, I mean everything was by a button on the dash.  I could turn the steering with one finger . I really liked that car.

When I took it home and opened  the trunk, I found a Knife in a sheath under the spare tire.  It is stamped made in Japan.  I still have that knife, but it could never hold and edge for long. I have sharpened that thing a whole lot of time trying and it just would not hold a razor edge.  It is a knife about 7inches long and looks like one of those fishing skinning knife.  This is the first Japanese product that I am truly dissapointed with. 

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  245
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,032
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

22 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

My first car in Canada, I bought at an auction for 800. It was a 1985 Buick park avenue. That car was fully electronic, I mean everything was by a button on the dash.  I could turn the steering with one finger . I really liked that car.

When I took it home and opened  the trunk, I found a Knife in a sheath under the spare tire.  It is stamped made in Japan.  I still have that knife, but it could never hold and edge for long. I have sharpened that thing a whole lot of time trying and it just would not hold a razor edge.  It is a knife about 7inches long and looks like one of those fishing skinning knife.  This is the first Japanese product that I am truly dissapointed with. 

I would use such a knife for weeding gardens.

I have found many knives to date. I spread them around at strategic places. Just used the one from my work vehicle this morning. Others are in place in my shed and around the property.