• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,128
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

3 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

How do you rest when you have worries like rent and school ect?

Can't you rent something cheaper? I live with 3 teens in a 1 bedroom, 2 bunk beds. Lately saw an article of a single mom who had 70 euro a week to spend. She earns just as much as me, but she has a normal house with rooms for the kids. That's just not doable alone.

Cast all your cares on Him because He cares for you. Ask Him to give you a job and ask Him where to go. They wanted to fire me. I was forced to get a psychiatric test. That psychiater said: Aren't you worried? Single mom, they want to fire you. I said no, thinking: Cast all your cares on Him, because He cares for you. LOL She thought that was nuts and wrote down that I was nuts but too stupid to realize it myself and then they couldn't fire me. 

Google a bit if there are christian organizations that can help you.Your aunt is a pastor? Doesn't she know something, can't she help?

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,021
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

3 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

I learned a long time ago to trust and believe God's promises.   Try memorizing some Scripture to help you during trials.

Like @RdJ mentioned, cast all your cares onto Him for He cares for you.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,021
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

21 minutes ago, RdJ said:

They wanted to fire me. I was forced to get a psychiatric test. That psychiater said: Aren't you worried? Single mom, they want to fire you. I said no, thinking: Cast all your cares on Him, because He cares for you. LOL She thought that was nuts and wrote down that I was nuts but too stupid to realize it myself and then they couldn't fire me.

All things work together for good to those who love God and are the called according to His purpose.

Btw, that psychiatrist would probably think we are all nuts....

• Haha 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,229
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

10 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

The rest is found in s/Spirit ... which if you have opened your heart to Jesus then He, The Holy Spirit and your new s/Spirit life exist.... it is in the knowing of what will be and this all gone that is so delightful ... If we look in flesh for better here -'not going to happen' but if we look in s/Spirit then it has happened already...

• Thumbs Up 3

7 hours ago, Debp said:

All things work together for good to those who love God and are the called according to His purpose.

Btw, that psychiatrist would probably think we are all nuts....

who me :scream:

• Haha 2
  • Interesting! 1

z.jpg.88d5a862cfc19eeea9aa9eda6cf126e9.jpg

• Group:  Diamond Member

13 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

I agree with a lot of what you're saying but when I have those *S* thoughts I'm not willing it. I want to be here and be with my kids. Mental health is a discussion for another topic but I am working hard to provide a better life for my kids. When I have road blocks that's where my anger comes from bc I am trying really hard. 

I am thankful to God I have healthy kids. Everything else you said was spot on.

Another idea if nobody wants to help is maybe an immigrant? My dad was sick but wanted to stay home and my brother and mother helped him but they also needed a nurse 24/7 and nobody wants to do that except Polish people. I live in Holland. A Polish woman would gladly help him day and night if she could also live there, because houses are scarse and expensive. They didn't do it but it was an option. Or someone else who can pay part of the rent and help bring the kids to school, because you wanted to do that with your parents, but they were too selfish. Maybe pray for someone else who doesn't take advantage. A student from church who needs a place to stay or something.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,823
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

13 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

You are either going to focus on the great love of God or you are going keep your mind stayed on your problems.

It's your choice.

I understand - completely understand the struggle.  I've had a BAD, BAD day and it's just 1:00.

Keep a few scriptures written down to read when you are overwhelmed and remember what @Tristen said.  "God knew exactly what he was getting with you and loved you anyway."

Here's a good scripture.

Philippians 4:6-7

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”

In "EVERY" situation.  With "prayer" and "petition", WITH "thanksgiving".

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,670
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

15 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

Hope you are not offended in any way… and you can be sure that millions upon millions have been exactly where you are right now and CERTAINLY EVEN MUCH WORSE!!!!!!!!

You are quite able to articulate your situation and express the pain, the frustration, the unknowing, the lack of support, the true lack of peace, and of course, the anger that comes along with all of this. 

You are also an intelligent individual who is able to reach out and receive and even accept the true and wonderful comments, suggestions, and advice from those folks within this forum that have responded to your situation. 

However, you are now within a situation that almost all people will / have found themselves in … whether it is a financial crisis, a medical issue, legal concerns, drugs, abuse, poverty…. or any combination of these…. There is nothing new under the sun. 

You have responded in very kind ways to the comments and suggestions offered here, but there is a very noticeable (my opinion) reaction from you… and please believe me, EVERYONE has had to go through this to some degree (some will never leave this stage, some will have to continue falling down into the hole, some will respond as though they have just had a large bucket of very cold water on them and realized - ENOUGH, they are right, ENOUGH WITH THIS WAY OF LIFE AND I DO NOT WANT IT ANYMORE!

It is NOT your circumstances that will take you down and down and even further down, it is your continuation to look for help from anyone other than the One that can and will help you. 

Today’s responses by the wonderful, caring folks will / may provide you with some relief or give you a pleasant feeling knowing others are sympathetic, but this is all short term to you. An hour from now, you will have moved back to your previous position of … all those things you are used to feeling.

The bottom line is that you are NOT going to find a quick fix or the right set of actions or steps to take to stop your state of mind and your continued falling down that dark hole… 

The ONLY solution you have to experience what you are looking for … in every way, is to ask yourself just how long and how much YOU ARE WILLING TO ACCEPT THIS STATE YOU ARE IN. It will not be resolved with a check for XXX dollars, it will not be resolved with a brand new job, it will not be resolved by ANYTHING OTHER THAN DECIDING YOU HAVE HAD ENOUGH AND LOOK UP TO YOUR GOD AND TELL HIM YOU HAVE HAD ENOUGH AND YOU PLACE EVERYTHING (EVERYTHING - NO MORE OF YOUR “buts”) IN HIS CARE. 

This is NOT an easy thing to do!!! In fact, for most people, it is easy to say, easy to agree with, but almost impossible for most to actually do.  But once you COMPLETELY / SINCERELY/ give Him the keys to the car and turn your heart and mind over to Him, you will know it was the right and only decision you could and should have made. Don’t continue to look and search the “how’s and ‘why’s” and the “when” each of your issues or problems will be resolved… they are not there and NO ONE can give them to you! 

Again, I can assure you, it will be an easy thing to hear from others, it will be received by you calmly, but it will be the most difficult decision to do… to truly let go and let God. 

Ask yourself just how long you think you want to continue doing and living this life as you have been doing… when you have had enough, God WILL BE THERE FOR YOU… you must want to abandon this life as you know it. Don’t look for solutions, look only to Him!

I hope this does not sound too harsh or without substance! You DO HAVE THE ANSWER… you just don’t believe it can be so.

God bless always, Charlie 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member

The mother from Corrie ten Boom was often sick. The dad always worked. She got help from her 3 sisters with 4 kids, The sisters were not married and they helped them. They could all live in their house. If your own family doesn't want to help hopefully someone from church wants to. Maybe there's another single mom and you can do it together or a young girl who needs a place to stay. We helped a girl, a student then, from church whose dad was a creep and a cult leader with 2 wives. She could stay with us. We had a big house. Had no kids yet. She was really happy with it. You have to find someone who needs help and who can help you in return, because it's impossible to do it alone.

• Thumbs Up 2