• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  0

Rise of the 'AI god'
Navigating the growing Artificial Intelligence conundrum from a Christian perspective.

Is an "AI god" on horizon? There are a growing number of adherents in this evolving AI religion.

Click on the link and read but be prepared for a surprise towards the end of this essay. 

https://drmathewmaavak.substack.com/p/rise-of-the-ai-god

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  243
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,972
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

3 hours ago, The Hare said:

Rise of the 'AI god'
Navigating the growing Artificial Intelligence conundrum from a Christian perspective.

Is an "AI god" on horizon? There are a growing number of adherents in this evolving AI religion.

Click on the link and read but be prepared for a surprise towards the end of this essay. 

I won't spoil the "surprise", but will say I recall when television was the much vaunted tool of satan.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,481
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

Who thought we would see this day in our lifetime except for a few visionaries? Think of the life-altering implications for good and evil and prophetic scripture for the terminal generation, a second revolution.

The Industrial Revolution gave us fossil fuel to mechanize machinery to feed the world, and where would we be without electricity? It is said, “AI is the world’s new electricity.” Governments and their militaries always get the first use of any new technology for war. I understand AI has been used and adapted for battlefield use to replace Generals. The public only gets a glimpse of what DARPA programs have developed.

Case in point: Google Sophie the Robot on YouTube, and following its development and progression is astonishing.

AI reminds me of GIGO (garbage in – garbage out) and:

Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden? (Genesis 3:1)

AI is now in every aspect of our life. Even my Bible software program (LOGOS 10) has introduced AI in its platform.

But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased. (Daniel 12:4)

Unlike previous generations, we now see the ways and means of instantly controlling all buying, selling, and surveillance.

The apostle Paul addressed the philosophers on Mars Hill (Areopagus) in Athens on worshiping knowledge (idolatry). Years ago, I checked, and there was a church(s) of Artificial Intelligence. I would suspect it is growing in leaps and bounds.

This is an interesting analogy for AI:

And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen. (John 21:25)

• Interesting! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,188
  • Content Per Day:  7.08
  • Days Won:  98

18 hours ago, Michael37 said:

I won't spoil the "surprise", but will say I recall when television was the much vaunted tool of satan.

After television held that title for a while, the Universal Product Code became the next tool of the devil. I remember it well. 

Before the UPC and television, it was radio. Radio was the tool of the devil. Before radio, it was public education. Before public education, playing cards were the tool of the evil one. Cards shared the spotlight with dancing, of course.

:thinking:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,171
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

19 hours ago, Michael37 said:

It is a tool...   But as I look through its programming today, I would think Satan is getting good use of it in the general sense.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Who thought we would see this day in our lifetime

Me.... but I really thought it would be a little quicker coming.

18 minutes ago, Marathoner said:

After television held that title for a while, the Universal Product Code became the next tool of the devil. I remember it well. 

Before the UPC and television, it was radio. Radio was the tool of the devil. Before radio, it was public education. Before public education, playing cards were the tool of the evil one. Cards shared the spotlight with dancing, of course.

:thinking:

All are tools, but just tools...   I would say that Satan has used Radio and TV fairly well over the past 100 years.

When I was very young, my grandparents (and a lot of their friends) considered Social Security Numbers to be the mark of the beast and fully expected it to be marked on us somehow.    And I guess with modern technology it may well be yet.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,481
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, other one said:

Me.... but I really thought it would be a little quicker coming.

Really?

4 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Really?

Yes, for a very long time I really thought he'd be back by 1988.  I was shocked when Hal Lindsey agreed with me.  It made being so wrong easier to take. LoL

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,444
  • Content Per Day:  8.18
  • Days Won:  0

On 4/22/2024 at 9:27 PM, The Hare said:

Rise of the 'AI god'

Interesting read, for sure.  Thanks.  My idea of a "surprise" was a bit different, which wasn't addressed in the article.

So, consider this:

Rev 13:14 Because of the signs it was given power to perform on behalf of the first beast, it deceived the inhabitants of the earth. It ordered them to set up an image in honor of the beast who was wounded by the sword and yet lived.

15 The second beast was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that the image could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed.

16 It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads,

17 so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.

Just a thought...

• Thumbs Up 1