• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  502
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

On 4/26/2024 at 12:30 PM, Vine Abider said:

The final resurrection is the Great White Throne judgment, where those not written in the Lamb’s Book of Life are bodily resurrected, condemned, and join the Antichrist and False Prophet in the Lake of Fire.

The final resurrection is the last day.  Jesus said that those who believe in Him will be raised on the last day.  The judgment is described in Matt 25.  This is connected to the last day.  This is the time of separation of sheep and goats.  Sheep and Goats are both there.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,506
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

22 minutes ago, seeking the lost said:

The final resurrection is the last day.  Jesus said that those who believe in Him will be raised on the last day.  The judgment is described in Matt 25.  This is connected to the last day.  This is the time of separation of sheep and goats.  Sheep and Goats are both there.

FYI: I was actually copying a post from @Dennis1209 there.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/26/2024 at 9:59 PM, enoob57 said:

In summary, the partial rapture theory lacks biblical foundation, and the consistent teaching is that all true believers will be taken in the rapture. It’s essential to be spiritually prepared for Christ’s return, as it will happen suddenly and without warning

I have to agree with you that the partial rapture theory lacks a biblical foundation.  The rapture as stated in the scripture contains those who are alive and remain.  Those who are alive and remain are preceded by the dead in Christ.

Looking forward to being left behiind.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,362
  • Content Per Day:  7.12
  • Days Won:  99

That's my understanding as well, @seeking the lost. I remain unconvinced where doctrines of raptures are concerned. I never arrived at such things lacking exposure to the prerequisite school of eschatological interpretation; it appears that this method of interpretation is required to adhere to these rapture doctrines.

When the Son of God returns as He ascended, it is the end. Just as well, the so-called "second coming" was unknown to me until I encountered it later in life. The notion that the Lord spares His beloved from trial and tribulation is foreign to my understanding. On the contrary, He spares us from His wrath...

But we don't have to be absent from this earth in order to be spared. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Marathoner said:

That's my understanding as well, @seeking the lost. I remain unconvinced where doctrines of raptures are concerned. I never arrived at such things lacking exposure to the prerequisite school of eschatological interpretation; it appears that this method of interpretation is required to adhere to these rapture doctrines.

When the Son of God returns as He ascended, it is the end. Just as well, the so-called "second coming" was unknown to me until I encountered it later in life. The notion that the Lord spares His beloved from trial and tribulation is foreign to my understanding. On the contrary, He spares us from His wrath...

But we don't have to be absent from this earth in order to be spared. 

Yes!  The teaching of Jesus is that the tares will be taken out first.  That teaching is from the parable of the wheat of the tares.  Multiple raptures require additions to the scripture.  Many ignore the warning and add at will to the text.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,159
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

22 hours ago, seeking the lost said:

Multiple raptures require additions to the scripture. 

I beg to differ. Multiple raptures are required by the scripture. As I pointed out earlier, the rapture of the two witnesses is a rapture all by itself.

Unless you have a different definition of the term rapture. Where does this fit in, in your understanding:

12:5 She bore a male Child who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron. And her Child was caught up to God and His throne.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, WilliamL said:

I beg to differ. Multiple raptures are required by the scripture. As I pointed out earlier, the rapture of the two witnesses is a rapture all by itself.

Unless you have a different definition of the term rapture. Where does this fit in, in your understanding:

12:5 She bore a male Child who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron. And her Child was caught up to God and His throne.

There are only two references that identify the rapture.  Both connect the rapture with the resurrection of the dead in Christ.  The dead in Christ must rise first then those who are alive and remain will be caught up.  There are only two resurrections and only one meets the requirement of a rapture.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  5,159
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 5/5/2024 at 5:51 PM, seeking the lost said:

There are only two references that identify the rapture.  Both connect the rapture with the resurrection of the dead in Christ.  The dead in Christ must rise first then those who are alive and remain will be caught up.  There are only two resurrections and only one meets the requirement of a rapture.

So we have different definitions of the term, as I expect others also.

One of the difficulties in discussing such topics: different definitions of terms.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,506
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

One of the difficulties in discussing such topics: different definitions of terms.

I think that is so true - not only of this topic, but of a lot of things!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  1,355
  • Content Per Day:  2.74

""The Lord comes in clouds, every eye sees him, the dead are raised, the elect ascend, the Jews are converted, the heathen wail, the Wrath begins.""

I have a question I hope you will help me with the answer. I realize the copy and paste is your signature, I have put in quotation marks. Some of this is a verse and some appears not to be part of the same verse. I am looking to find this particular part written in the Bible "" the Jews are converted"". I do not seem to be able to find this written in the bible. It seems as you put it together as if it is part of a verse you may help me understand how the conversion is at the same time as the verse. Hope my question makes since.