IGNORED

The Father and the Son.....what are they doing?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

On 5/14/2024 at 7:22 PM, Marilyn C said:

We know that at this time the Son, Jesus is on His Father`s throne. (Heb. 1: 3)

So, what is the Father doing, and what is Jesus doing? 

Please use scriptures.

We as believers are branches grafted in to the true vine, Jesus.
Everything good is produced by Jesus, fruit, and we only bear it.
We don't work for God, but God works through us. (When we abide in Him)
(Walking in the spirit, spirit led)
The Father is the vine dresser. He prunes us. (Cuts off the unnecessary us)
Less us = more fruit. This pleases/glorifies the Father.

Considering what the Father and Son are doing, I'd say it's a full time job
just transforming His children.  See below.

John 15;
(1) “I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser.

(2) Every branch in me that does not bear fruit he takes away,
and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit.

(5)I am the vine; you are the branches.
Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit,
for apart from me you can do nothing.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  274
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,350
  • Content Per Day:  3.48
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

1 hour ago, Your closest friendnt said:

@Marilyn C I agree with what the scripture says in Revelation 4: 1-11. It self explainatory. No additions and no deletions for me. It tells me to only see Jesus on his Throne and that what I see. 

1. After these things I looked, and behold, a door standing open in heaven. And the first voice which I heard was like a trumpet speaking with me, saying, “Come up here, and I will show you things which must take place after this.”

2 Immediately I was in the Spirit; and behold, a throne set in heaven, and One sat on the throne. 3 [a]And He who sat there was like a jasper and a sardius stone in appearance; and there was a rainbow around the throne, in appearance like an emerald. 4 Around the throne were twenty-four thrones, and on the thrones I saw twenty-four elders sitting, clothed in white robes; and they had crowns of gold on their heads. 5 And from the throne proceeded lightnings, [c]thunderings, and voices. Seven lamps of fire were burning before the throne, which are the[d] seven Spirits of God.

6 Before the throne there [e]was a sea of glass, like crystal. And in the midst of the throne, and around the throne, were four living creatures full of eyes in front and in back. 7 The first living creature was like a lion, the second living creature like a calf, the third living creature had a face like a man, and the fourth living creature was like a flying eagle. 8 The four living creatures, each having six wings, were full of eyes around and within. And they do not rest day or night, saying:

“Holy,[f] holy, holy,
Lord God Almighty,
Who was and is and is to come!”

9 Whenever the living creatures give glory and honor and thanks to Him who sits on the throne, who lives forever and ever, 10 the twenty-four elders fall down before Him who sits on the throne and worship Him who lives forever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying:

11 “You are worthy, [g]O Lord,
To receive glory and honor and power;
For You created all things,
And by Your will they [h]exist and were created.”

And that is a picture of the Lord`s own throne in glory with His Body. From the throne proceeded `lightnings, thunderings and voices.` (Rev. 4: 5) 

This is the Lord1s judgment authority about to bring judgments upon the enemies the Father has brought to His feet. (Ps. 110: 1)

1 hour ago, Sower said:

We as believers are branches grafted in to the true vine, Jesus.
Everything good is produced by Jesus, fruit, and we only bear it.
We don't work for God, but God works through us. (When we abide in Him)
(Walking in the spirit, spirit led)
The Father is the vine dresser. He prunes us. (Cuts off the unnecessary us)
Less us = more fruit. This pleases/glorifies the Father.

Considering what the Father and Son are doing, I'd say it's a full time job
just transforming His children.  See below.

John 15;
(1) “I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser.

(2) Every branch in me that does not bear fruit he takes away,
and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit.

(5)I am the vine; you are the branches.
Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit,
for apart from me you can do nothing.

To us it would be a full time job, but not to the Father who is omnipotent. Remember in Ps. 110: 1 the father is bringing His Son`s enemies to be His footstool. And the first one is from the North. (as I have preciously commented on.)

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  213
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  3,590
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

On 5/14/2024 at 5:22 PM, Marilyn C said:

Please use scriptures.

I've been lightly chewing on this question for days and this morning woke up with a couple verses to answer:

"I will build my church."  Matt 16:18

"And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again to receive you to Myself, that where I am you may be also."  John  14:3

@tatwo Hit it this when he talked about the building work.  So did @Sower when he talked about His transforming work in us (the building requires good/divine materials).

(Revelation 21:2 also comes to mind regarding the ultimate building, the new Jerusalem: "prepared for her Husband")

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  655
  • Content Per Day:  0.72
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Vine Abider said:

"And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again to receive you to Myself, that where I am you may be also."  John  14:3

Greetings Vine Abider...

Do you understand this to be complete...and yet...being completed?

Tatwo...:)

5 minutes ago, tatwo said:

Greetings Vine Abider...

Do you understand this to be complete...and yet...being completed?

From our standpoint it is being completed.  But I think one might say in eternity it is complete --> "I John saw the holy city . . ."

There is most often a twofold perspectives related to spiritual things - the naturally limited view we have, and the view God sees.  I suppose it's also perhaps a little like Christ being formed in us: In one sense, like a baby in the womb, it is a complete and perfect human baby.  Yet, it is also not yet mature and grown, that is, it's not how it was meant to be when fully developed.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  655
  • Content Per Day:  0.72

3 minutes ago, Vine Abider said:

From our standpoint it is being completed.  But I think one might say in eternity it is complete --> "I John saw the holy city . . ."

There is most often a twofold perspectives related to spiritual things - the naturally limited view we have, and the view God sees.  I suppose it's also perhaps a little like Christ being formed in us: In one sense, like a baby in the womb, it is a complete and perfect human baby.  Yet, it is also not yet mature and grown, that is, it's not how it was meant to be when fully developed.

I agree and enjoyed your response Vine Abider...thank you...

Joh 14:3 NASB  "If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also."

He said this prior to His swiftly approaching crucifixion...so He is alive in the flesh yet.

In "going to prepare a place"...the inference is that the place is "not yet" prepared...or perhaps it is better said...this crucifixion has to happen "prior" thereby enabling this "place" to become available on the earth to those in the flesh? This in the light of what you so aptly stated..."I John saw the holy city . . ."

What do you Vine Abider...see this "place" as? It does pertain to this forum discussion as I see it.

1 hour ago, tatwo said:

I agree and enjoyed your response Vine Abider...thank you...

Joh 14:3 NASB  "If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also."

He said this prior to His swiftly approaching crucifixion...so He is alive in the flesh yet.

In "going to prepare a place"...the inference is that the place is "not yet" prepared...or perhaps it is better said...this crucifixion has to happen "prior" thereby enabling this "place" to become available on the earth to those in the flesh? This in the light of what you so aptly stated..."I John saw the holy city . . ."

What do you Vine Abider...see this "place" as? It does pertain to this forum discussion as I see it.

Two verses come to mind as to the "place" that is being built:

"in whom you also are being built together for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit."  Eph 2:22

"you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house"  1 Peter 2:5

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  56
  • Content Per Day:  0.74

Posted (edited)
On 5/14/2024 at 8:22 PM, Marilyn C said:

Please use scriptures.

"The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful WORD. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at (Hebrew = "in, WITH") the right hand of the Majesty in heaven."

"In the beginning was the WORD, the Word was WITH God, and GOD is that (Hebrew Grammer is understood as meaning "That same Word as previously mentioned.") WORD."

"The Father and I are One."

"Remember your CREATOR..."

{the Hebrew word Solomon used here is 'bara.' Bar- is the word for "son." The   -a, Aleph, is the Hebrew origin of the Greek Alpha, as in "Alpha & Omega." This letter is often used to denote the Father.}

{This word, bara, is used in Genesis 1:1... The Hebrew phrase, "bara Elohyim Aleph-Tav," can be rendered as "son-father God (plural) Alpha & Omega. -...the Aleph-Tav is ignored in English translations and is considered to be meaningless.}

"I am the Alpha and the Omega."

{There is no practical answer to the question posed, as the question assumes two separate entities, or beings. This is not the case. Both make up the ONE. Even though the father is greater, it does not lessen the statement of Jesus when he proclaimed, "The Father and I are One."}

{Jesus, the man, was granted to occupy the one throne as the Right Hand of God, the extension of God that reaches down to us visibly and physically, providing us with a two-way access to God.}

Edited by Indentured Servant
Grammer
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

3 hours ago, Indentured Servant said:

"The Father and I are One."

{There is no practical answer to the question posed, as the question assumes two separate entities, or beings. This is not the case. Both make up the ONE. Even though the father is greater, it does not lessen the statement of Jesus when he proclaimed, "The Father and I are One."}

{Jesus, the man, was granted to occupy the one throne as the Right Hand of God, the extension of God that reaches down to us visibly and physically, providing us with a two-way access to God.}

The Father and Son and Holy Spirit are one - equal, in unity and of the same mind. In function there is a hierarchy -

Divine  Procession.

Godhead  - At the source there is the provision by the whole Godhead,

Father - with the initial movement of the Father;

Son - the administration of the Son;

Holy Spirit - and the direct agency of the Holy Spirit.