• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

We don't do anything at all... to be saved. Christ did it all as far as salvation is concerned. There are no works we can do get saved or maintain it.

Praise the Lord and amen.

Now, if this were a true statement there would be no hell. Nothing to do or to choose to do. Christ did it all for all.

Hell was not created nor intended for man, but for satan and his followers, and there is indeed a hell.

As far as a choice, ther is most definately is a choice.

We can either choose to try and get into heaven by trusting and observing the law of which all save Jesus have fallen short of thus far and I do nort see anyone succeding in the future either.

Or we can choose to believe, trust, and rely upon Christ through faith, that He has taken our sins upon Himself through His baptism, judged our sins through His crucifiction, cleansed our sins through His blood, gave His eternal life by defeating death through His ressurection. He is God who has done this for us.

All of the above are works of God not man, and as you said above, He did it all, and when we submitt to Him, He continues to do it all.

It is Him that performs good works through us, if we have indeed been crucified with Him through Faith in the above.

Galatians 2:20

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

We have been crucified with Christ, and it is Christ who lives in us. Note Paul says that the life he lives, he lives lives by the faith of the Son of God

Notice he does not say in, he says of. It was the Faith of Jesus in the Father that allowed Him to be the perfect sacrifice before God. This very faith Jesus imparts to us as a gift from Him. He gets all the glory period.

Eph 2

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

The very faith that we have to get saved is not of ourselves, it is the faith that Christ has in the Father that He gives to us as a gift that makes it all possible, not of works, all boasting belongs to Jesus and our boast is in Him.

the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God,

It is by this faith by which we are born again. There are no works which we could do that would justify our salvation before the Father, it is the finished work of Christ and our faith (that is provided by God) in this finished work of Christ that we may boldly approach the throne of grace.

Edited by JesusisGod2

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

Here is an interesting different perspective:

The Believer

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  4,088
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  5

Repent.

Receive the love of the truth.

Confess Christ before men.

Lose his life.

. . . The greatest of all Sabbaths was every fifty years. Just as six days were followed by a Sabbath day of rest, and six years were followed by a Sabbath year of rest, the seventh Sabbath year was followed by the Year of Jubilee. All debts and mortgages of every kind were canceled. Everyone returned back to the original land that was given to his fathers. . . .

Wordsower,

I am sorry I do not have time right now to fully read your submittal, but I would like you to explain what you perceive the significance of the above Sabbaths. Did they represent something that has already been attained by the believer in Christ? Or is do they signify something yet to be provided?

If already, then why do we yet hope? And

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,275
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

wordsower, I really must share this with some other folks on another place..... I thank you so much,

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,275
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

. . . The greatest of all Sabbaths was every fifty years. Just as six days were followed by a Sabbath day of rest, and six years were followed by a Sabbath year of rest, the seventh Sabbath year was followed by the Year of Jubilee. All debts and mortgages of every kind were canceled. Everyone returned back to the original land that was given to his fathers. . . .

Wordsower,

I am sorry I do not have time right now to fully read your submittal, but I would like you to explain what you perceive the significance of the above Sabbaths. Did they represent something that has already been attained by the believer in Christ? Or is do they signify something yet to be provided?

If already, then why do we yet hope? And "what" is it we "hope" for?

Peace,

BlindSeeker

Take the time to read through the long post, understand it and I think you will discover the answer to your question, and maybe perchance others as well.

Repent.

Lose his life.

The point?

The point was things we have to do as true believers.

Someone posted this verse in their rebuttal to Sabatarians

Wordsower,

If already, then why do we yet hope? And "what" is it we "hope" for?

Peace,

BlindSeeker

Take the time to read through the long post, understand it and I think you will discover the answer to your question, and maybe perchance others as well.

Since this is a discussion forum, I was hoping he would just answer my questions above since he posted such a lengthy expository of another man view instead of just submitting his own.

It is therefore Wordsower

Guest shiloh357
QUOTE(shiloh357 @ Dec 8 2005, 04:53 PM)

QUOTE(BlindSeeker @ Dec 8 2005, 02:43 PM)

Repent.

Lose his life.

The point?

The point was things we have to do as true believers.

Things we have to do as true believers... to what end?

Consider the lottery for a moment . . .
The lottery is hardly a good analogy of anything biblical, especially grace.

Here is why...

The lottery is based upon luck and chance. Salvation, eternal life is based upon faith in Christ. We don't pay anything into it. It is given to us as a free gift, according to Romans 6:23. Lottery winnings are not gifts and are certainly not free.

What need