• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Sam,

Jesus expanded and magnified the law as prophesied in Isaiah, but did not do away with any or replace any commandments.

As your example states:

'Just like do not murder was changed into do not hate your brother for no reason, or lust makes you already gulity of adultry, the sabbath was changed into a complete way of life instead of one day a week. '

You see there is no one who ceases from work 24/7 which is what the command requires. It is a day to be devoted entirely to God and worship. If all have entered into that rest, then why is there another day of worship substituted for worship. To be faithful to your explanation, then Christians would cease from all work and thus worship 24/7.

To expand and magnify does not do away with the original or change it. The expanded version of 'do not murder' to love even your enemies did not do away with the Original command to not murder. The complete new way of Life was a life in obedience to God's commandments. It does not do away with the command to keep God's Holy Sabbath which Jesus created for man before sin entered the picture. The true Millenial Sabbath rest doesn't begin until Jesus comes back to take His people to heaven and even then God's Holy Sabbath will be kept by those who have entered into the heavenly Sabbath Rest.

Isa 66:22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.

66:23 And it shall come to pass, [that] from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

You see even Adam and Eve who were without sin after creation kept God's Holy Sabbath from the beginning. You see the Ten Commandments still remain to identify sin. Breaking God Commandment about keeping His Holy Sabbath is still sin and as such needs to be repented of.

Rom 2:5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;

2:6 Who will render to EVERY MAN according to his deeds:

2:7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing SEEK FOR glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

2:8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,

2:9 Tribulation and anguish, upon EVERY SOUL of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;

2:10 But glory, honour, and peace, to EVERY MAN that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:

2:11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

2:12 For AS MANY as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and AS MANY as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;

2:13 (For not the hearers of the law [are] just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

2:14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

2:15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and [their] thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)

2:16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

Its going to be a tough sell to explain to God why one worshiped on a day instituted by man and desecrated His Holy Sabbath day when He judges every man by the word. Especially when He warned us in His word about the commndments of men:

Mt 15:8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with [their] lips; but their heart is far from me.

15:9 But IN VAIN they do worship me, teaching [for] doctrines the commandments of men.

God bless,

Dennis

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,275
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Sam,

Jesus expanded and magnified the law as prophesied in Isaiah, but did not do away with any or replace any commandments.

As your example states:

'Just like do not murder was changed into do not hate your brother for no reason, or lust makes you already gulity of adultry, the sabbath was changed into a complete way of life instead of one day a week. '

You see there is no one who ceases from work 24/7 which is what the command requires.

God bless,

Dennis

Jesus himself said that both He and the Father were still working.

tx3600Let each man be fully convinced in his own mind. 6He who observes the day, observes it for the Lord, and he who eats, does so for the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who eats not, for the Lordhe does not eat, and gives thanks to God. 7For not one of us lives for himself, and not one dies for himself; 8for if we live, we live for the Lord, or if we die, we die for the Lord; therefore whether we live or die, we are the Lord's. 9For to this end Christ died and lived again, that He might be Lord both of the dead and of the living. 1

NASB

I know that you will say that this not talking aobut the sabbath, but I would say that it is including the sabbath. Very life itself is for the Lord if you are born again. You no longer work for yourself, but you work for him. When you do your daily things (some call work or chores) you do them with him and in mental reality do them for him. You make your entire life a life for him and always be aware of the things he wants you do.... even if you are at the place your earn money for Him.

Look I don't want to be a stumbling block to anyone, if you believe that you need a Sabbath each week, that is perfictly fine with me and ther is nothing wrong with it, but as the scripture that predeeds what I have quoted states there is something wrong with judging those who live their whole lives for him and so not see the need for a special day.

IF you notice I never bring this subject up because I don't want to be a stumbling block for those who believe that the old law is still in effect, but it is also my duty to let everyone reading this thread (especially young christians) that the Bible has other things to say about it too.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  562
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Why do people always want to make a law so negitive ?

WOuldnt it be better to look at as what it what designed for ? They used to have to work all the time and could never have anytime to have for themselves and seek God .

Then God changed that , he freed them and not only did he give them a day that they didnt have to work he gave them a promice , sort of like saying if you will hold this day special i will meet with you and bless you.

But men want to over power people and run other peoples lives this always puts them above the next guy. So they say you have to do nothing you have to do this and that to keep this law.

In fact this is a kinds police work in itselfs , thus they break the law by working to enforce something that was given as a blessing and have now turned it into a burden.

When the truth is if you keep this appointment you will be blessed , if you dont you wont receive all that you could have.

This blessing came about before the ten commandments , and it says that it will be in effect during the millenium.

If you look at the Sabath as a blessing or an appointment with your Father you shouldnt have to think of it as a law at all.

Kinda like the Law of Thanksgiving or Christmas , You shall gather and eat and enjoy yourself... you shalt receive many christmas presents.

No i am not under that law i will work and be unhappy instead because i am free from this law.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Sam,

Its an issue of sin and obedience, not of work. I notice you didn't address the issue of worshiping on another day, a day of Pagan origin for which there is no command from God. If there is no need for a worship day, why do most worship on Sunday which has always been the worship day of the Pagan Sun Worshipers from the time of Babylon. If believers worship 24/7, then what is the need of a worship day.

Yes each is to be convinced in his own mind. How is he convinced. He is convinced, not by man, not by the church, but by the word of God. In the New Covenant God writes HIS LAW in the heart and mind, not the traditions of man or what a man chooses to obey. God has never left obedience to His Moral Laws as an option to the beleiver's conscience. Yes the ceremonial Sabbaths which were symbolic of Jesus are optional for Jesus has fulfilled all these for they pointed to Him.

Ps 37:31 The law of his God [is] in his heart; none of his steps shall slide.

Ps 40:8 I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law [is] within my heart.

Ps 119:11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.......

119:34 Give me understanding, and I shall keep thy law; yea, I shall observe it with [my] whole heart.

Prov 3:1 My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments:

Have we done away with these scriptures as well. Remember Jesus said the Law and the Prophets, including the Ten Commandments hang upon or depend upon the two Great Commandments. If they hang upon them, then they are forever united to them and cannot be separated.

What amazes me is why believers do not love to keep God's Commandments, especially the day Jesus blessed and made Holy for all mankind to worship. If God writes HIS LAWS in the heart of all New Covenant believers, then they should love to keep them. Why would they love an institution of man, instituted in Babylon by Nimrod, the enemy of God, and hate God's Holy Sabbath day, created by Jesus whom they profess to love. Please answer that for I just cannot understand it. When God Shed His love abroad in my heart at conversion it included a love for His word and His law, especially His Holy Sabbath which He created for me as a sign of sanctification.

I wonder which is the stumbling block.

God Bless,

Dennis

you know its strange how the worldy people keep the sabath and the christians dont. Eventhough the world does it to themselves.

The sabath is a celebration. Well many worldly folks as soon as friday night hits they head to the bar and celebrate in comrodary and drink resting from the hard weeks work.

They are happy and share their pay with friends in fellowship and dancing. They get filled with a spirit granted it isnt the lord < however isnt this how we are supposed to be in spirit ?, for paul tells us to not be drunk but be filled with this the spirit of God , Seems to me that we should be like these people but the opposite in effect , not quiet but filled with love and fellowship with our brethern and sharing with our brothern what God has richly blessed us with just like those people who spend their money so foolishly on drinks...

When was the last time you just gave someone something just because you were so happy you filled with Gods love.

I dont know perhaps you do this often... I recall one time i was a resturaunt and someone paid for my dinner , i didnt know them and i had done nothing for them, When i went to pay they said it was already taken care of.. That was so cool......

• Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

[

I think it must be important since we are going to keep this day in the thousand year reign

Who says??

personally do not substitute Sunday for the Sabbath Saturday, I simply believe that when Jesus spiritualized the law and sent us the Spirit, He made it possible for us to live a Sabbath life. It is my personal belief that for one to truly be a born again Christian we must do what Romans 10:9 says, which is to confess with our mouths that Jesus is our Lord. Of course we must have actually made Jesus our Lord or this becomes a lie and not a confession.

Amen! :) He made it possible for us to live a Sabbath life ;)

[
I think it must be important since we are going to keep this day in the thousand year reign

Who says??

Ezekiel

Can you give me the right verse?

I think it would be better to do a study on the millenial reign , perhaps do a study of ezekiel pertaining to that part.