abbershay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,075
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  5

. . . . if I were a moderator I would shut this thread down a long time ago.

Legalism has no place on Worthy Boards.

There is a brand of legalism that starts when people are forbidden to express their personal convictions . . . because someone thinks their side is right and the other side is wrong.

So much for supporting freedom of speech.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shiloh357

There is a brand of legalism that starts when people are forbidden to express their personal convictions . . . because someone thinks their side is right and the other side is wrong.

This is private board, and freedom of speech issues don't apply. When people start connecting the Sabbath to salvation and questioning other's salvation on that basis, it goes beyond the pale of "expressing personal convictions." That has no place on these boards.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

I thot the subject was the Jewish seventh-day Sabbath given specifically to the nation of Israel in Exodus 19:3-5; Exodus 20:1,2; etc. Break the Jewish seventh-day Sabbath - and die! If one prefers to maintain the Jewish seventh-day, one must be prepared to pay the price for offending it. For starters, how about no fires allowed on the Jewish seventh-day Sabbath? Very interesting.

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

Hi Art,

Sorry if the subject got off topic of the sabbath specifically, but when one observes the sabbath and not the whole law, then what?

James2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

So really the theme was on topiic in that respect.

In Jesus

kevin

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  414
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

This is private board, and freedom of speech issues don't apply. When people start connecting the Sabbath to salvation and questioning other's salvation on that basis, it goes beyond the pale of "expressing personal convictions." That has no place on these boards.

I knew this was coming. Try to discuss God's Law on a christian forum and all of a sudden you are a legalist. A sign of the times I am afraid.

I love to read the Book of Daniel and the Book of Revelation. They go together hand in hand. We have Daniel, living in Babylon, and he is being tested by God. Will he follow God or the ways of Babylon? The first test occurs at the King's table. It involves Daniel and His three friends. Then there's the image of gold. Everyone must fall down and worship it or be thrown into the furnace. If fact, it is commanded that the people must fall down and worship or die. So Daniel's three friends again have a choice. Whose commandments will they choose? Then we have Daniel and the Lion's Den one of my favorite recorded events. Daniel is always being tested it seems.

Now fast forward to the end times. We are living in Babylon. Babylon means confusion. There seems to be so much confusion regarding God's Word. Are souls eternal or not? Should babies be baptized or not? Is Hell eternal or is eternal life our gift as a believer? Will the temple be rebuilt in Israel or is the church now the temple of Christ? Is Satan setting up his beliefs or abominations in the spiritual temple (or in believers hearts)? Is there a rapture that lets us escape tribulation or will God use this time to test and refine His bride? Were the Ten Commandments nailed to the cross or not? Why does everyone not mind the other nine, but when the 4th commandment is discussed, you are a legalist?

Revelation tells us a great test is coming upon the Church. God will sort out His sheep from the goats. He will call His followers and they will hear His voice. I believe He is doing that now. He is calling us back to following His word and His Commandments, including the fourth. Revelation tells us the dragon makes war with those who keep the commandments, those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.

<Rev. 22:14>

"Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city."

So I guess I am a legalist. The Commandments are God's unchanging law; that includes the Sabbath.

Happy Sabbath everyone!

In Christ,

CarolineS

Guest shiloh357
I knew this was coming. Try to discuss God's Law on a christian forum and all of a sudden you are a legalist.

Only if you are trying to teach that the Sabbath has to be observed in order to be truly saved.

Were the Ten Commandments nailed to the cross or not?
No.

Why does everyone not mind the other nine, but when the 4th commandment is discussed, you are a legalist?

No one said that. That is your misperception because you apparently don't read the threads very well. It is when someone like Pilgrim7 implies that not keeping the Sabbath is disobedience, and that such disobedience jeapordizes your salvation that there is a problem. That is when it becomes legalism. I am pro Sabbath, but I don't make it a salvation issue like he does.

Are you like Pilgrim7? Do you believe the Sabbath observance is absolutely mandatory upon pain of losing your salvation?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  225
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/07/1980

We are saved by grace alone, we could try to live everyday according to Jewish law, and not be deemed justified in G-d's eyes, the law was abolished because the Jews were making the Torah into a ritual, instead of worshiping G-d. It became routine behavior, with no signifigance behind it, when Yeshua came we were made Holy in the Father's eyes. With that grace, and grace alone, we have nothing. There is nothing you could do on this earth, besides accepting Christ that will free you from your unrighteousness. We can't even come close. If you are going to observe the Sabbath, it must not be a burden to you, it should be regarded as a gift from our Heavenly Father. By observing the sabbath, you are not working your way in to heaven, it's not to be looked at like that, you are going to rejoice in the wonderful gift that we recieved when Yeshua went up on that cross. It makes me sad when I hear about people saying you need to do this, or you need to do that to be saved, that's not how it works. Read the book of Galatians, Paul writes very clearly how we are saved by grace, and grace alone.

• Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  562
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

The sabath was before the law.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  428
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

This is private board, and freedom of speech issues don't apply. When people start connecting the Sabbath to salvation and questioning others salvation on that basis, it goes beyond the pale of "expressing personal convictions." That has no place on these boards.

If someone believes that scripture teaches that salvation is connected to keeping the Sabbath, they are not allowed to share their faith with others? I am convinced that anyone who is trying to save themselves by keeping the law is not saved, because they are denying Christ. Am I allowed to hold that view? Jesus said that there are many who call him Lord, who aren't true Christians, and the other writers of the new testament spoke of false brethren as well. Are we required to tell these people that they are our brothers, even though scripture says they aren't? Are we not allowed to minister to the unsaved? Does ecumenism take precedent over saving souls? There's no place for truth if it may offend a false believer?

Mr. SE

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

Worthy Statement of Faith

We believe in God, the almighty creator of heaven and earth.

We believe in the triunity of God. We believe that God is eternally One, and also eternally the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit -- the three being distinct, but not separate. Each Person of the Godhead coexists from everlasting to everlasting.

We believe in the Messiah, Jesus, God's only begotten son, God come in the flesh. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary. He suffered under Pontius Pilate. He was crucified, died and buried. On the third day, He rose and ascended into heaven. Now He is seated at the right hand of the Father and He will return to judge both the living and the dead and reign for evermore.

We believe all mankind are sinful and are therefore subject to God

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  428
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Worthy Statement of Faith

We believe in God, the almighty creator of heaven and earth.

We believe in the triunity of God. We believe that God is eternally One, and also eternally the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit -- the three being distinct, but not separate. Each Person of the Godhead coexists from everlasting to everlasting.

We believe in the Messiah, Jesus, God's only begotten son, God come in the flesh. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary. He suffered under Pontius Pilate. He was crucified, died and buried. On the third day, He rose and ascended into heaven. Now He is seated at the right hand of the Father and He will return to judge both the living and the dead and reign for evermore.

We believe all mankind are sinful and are therefore subject to God