MK202002

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Wormwood can't be Chernoble, read about the first two trumpet blasts - when or what were they?

Rev 8:7

The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.

Rev 8:8

And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;

Rev 8:9

And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed.

Rev 8:10

And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters;

Rev 8:11

And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.

Also, if you look a little further in Revelations it again mentions another star that falls to earth and this time it actually refers to a being, so perhaps the star of the third trumpet is also a being (angel/demon).

Rev 9:1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  219
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Reason for beliving chernobyl was 3rd trumpet:

1. It must have LOOKED like a great star, or a blazing torch, when it exploded.

Maybe we shouldn't be to specific when reading John's descriptions. He had never seen a nuclear explosion.

Unlikely. This was not a nuclear explosion, but a conventional explosion caused by pressure build up...ie.- no mushroom cloud, no "glowing like a star".

2. "The 1000-tonne sealing cap on the reactor building was blown off." Could John have been watching this fall from the sky, immediatly after the explosion?

Unlikely. The reactor cover plate did not "fly off". It never left the building. It did not "fall from the sky".

3. The nuclear residue from the explosion was carried by the wind into Europe. There, it contaminated the fresh water supply and caused many deaths before people realized it was there.

Not quite. Although a good amount of contamination was spread over Europe, Asia, and extremely northern Canada the most accurate number of deaths directly attributable to the accident is in the 50's.

Also, much of the contamination was "fast" decaying elements such as iodine (the one hazardous to the thyroid). It would have all decayed to below background levels within a relatively short amount of time.

People who didn't die where more likely to get cancers, thyroid problems and other life-threatening diseases.

Read the U.N.'s most recent report which has followed the population since the event (19 years). It plainly states that the area does not have an increased risk of disease or cancer.

What I'm getting at is the Chernobyl accident, as scary as it was, does not fit the 3rd trumpet description.

In Christ,

Eric

Edited by book_wirm

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  923
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  10/03/1974

Mk,

I haven't forgotten about this question, I have a few notes here, but not enough, to give you an answer one way or another, give me a bit more time, but so far from what I understand, "Wormwood" will fall from the sky, not rise from the earth and then spread across the sky, but like i said give me more time, but so far I must conclude that "wormwood" has yet to occurr.

Anne

Just reinforcing a question which dood asked, do we have anyone who can give us and Russian to Hebrew translation, and explain it in english, lol :wub: there's a confusing question for you all.

haven't forgotten still researching MK

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  286
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

thank you, anne.

Hey MK

Thought i'd forgotten, didn't ya? :D ........Yeah, yeah, I know it took long enough. So here goes, hope my understanding of it helps:-

The scripture verses I believe you were referring to are:

(KJV)

Revelation Chapter 8 verse 10

And the third Angel sounded, and there (1)fell a (2)great (3)star from (4)heaven, (5)burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of the waters;

verse 11

And the name of the (6)star is called (7)"Wormwood:" and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.

(1) Pipto (akin to peto) - alightening, to fall, fall down, light on. (also akin to petomai) - to fly.

(2) megas - big, exceedingly great, high, large, loud, mighty, (be) sore (afraid). (akin to megistos) - greatest or very great. (akin to meizon) - larger, elder, greater.

(3) aster - a star (as strown over the sky). (akin to stronunumi/astronnuo/astroo) - through the idea of positing, to strew (spread). (akin to stereos) - stiff, solid, stable, steadfast, strong, sure.

(4) ouranos - through the idea of elevation, heaven (as the abode of God), air, heavenly, sky.

(5) Kaio - to set on fire, kindle, consume, burn, light.

(6) same interpretation as point 3.

(7) apsinthos - bitterness, calamity.

The above is taken from Strongs Exhaustive Concordance.

The thing I noticed MK, was the 'fell' referred to in verse 10 seems to be falling down from the sky, I am presuming this is before it makes contact with any object (the earth in this instance). We are then furnished with a description of the 'great' star, which to the say the very least is huge, but I also noticed there was a sound word attached to it, making me think that it's going to be heard as it falls down. Further to this, the word 'great', has a feeling attached to it, namely 'be sore afraid.' The description of 'star' in point 6 makes me think that this is an object of solid mass, measuring a great distance across the sky. And as it travels across the sky it burns brightly. The word 'Wormwood', as you probably already know, means bitterness and calamity.

In view of this, my answer to your original question is, no, I do not believe Chernobyl is 'Wormwood'. Whatever 'Wormwood' is it will travel downwards and make impact, whereas the Chernobyl explosion travelled upwards. I believe 'Wormwood' has yet to occur, but these are just my thoughts. If you can get your hands on a concordance, I suggest you set aside some time to study this.

Also I've pulled out some old books of mine, to give you a view of more learned people than myself:-

(1) The following is information taken from "Behold He Cometh" by Dr John R Rice and is his verse by verse commentary on Revelation.

Dr Rice believes it to be a meteor, " there fell a great star from heaven.........evidently a meteor. We need not be surprised for every "falling star" we see is some fragment of meteoric material coming into the earth's atmostphere. Often the friction burns up that lump of matter before it comes to the earth, but not always................We can well understand how a meteor from outer space and the cloud of meteor dust that might go with it might poison the waters so that many people would die from the chemicals thus brought into the water."

Dr Rice also mentions a scientist called Velikovsky, who at the time of the book going to print was not a christ, who had written a couple of books dealing with meteor collisions (Worlds in Collision and Ages in Chaos) it is my understanding that Velikovsky deals in some way with 'Wormwood' by comparison to evidence which he believes suggests a meteor impact around the time of Noah and the Ark. However, MK, I cannot give you any information on this book, as I do not have it among my collection.

(2) The following is taken from "Jamieson, Fausset and Brown, A critical, experimental and practical Commentary"

*please note that this is not my opinion but that of the authors and whilst it may be somewhat difficult to grasp, it is worth hearing as it is a further opinion on the matter*

"Under the third trumpet, the third of the rivers is affected; also, under the sixth trumpet, the third part of men are killed........fire is the predominant element..........symbolizers interpret the star fallen from heaven a chief minister (Arius & c, or some future false teacher) falling from his high place, and instead of shining with heavenly light as a star, became a torch lit with earthly fire and smouldering with smoke. Wormwood, though medicinal, if used as ordinary water, would not only be disagreeable, but also fatal; so 'heretical wormwood changes Siloas of Scripture into deadly Marah' (they have quoted that from wordsworth). Contrast the converse change of Marah water into sweet, 'Alford' instances the conversion of water into firewater - ardent spirits - which may destroy a third of the ungodly in latter days"

Whew.........don't ask me to explain that last one, not sure I understand it fully myself yet. :rofl:

What we have here is two different views to the one you posed. I, at this stage believe Wormwood to be a meteor.

lol.......Hope I haven't confused you even more MK :D

Anne