damar91

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I dont know about looking forward to being persecuted, but we are told to rejoice when it occurs. Why?...because God has counted us worthy to share in some aspect of the persecution of Jesus. James has some very good writings on this as does Paul.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

er-would someone please respond to my post, its on the previous page and it might get overlooked...........?????

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

The abortion is still a sin because it is still murder, the taking of a life.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  11/30/1971

Daughter of King,

Well, The first thing that comes to mind is God's commandment; Thou Shalt not kill. Also, we are to live our lives as Jesus would, and know that Jesus would not approve of this procedure. Yes, the Lord would take care of that babies soul, it's the person that did the act that I would really be worried about. I have seen an actual abortion take place( on video) and it is nothing but Satan's work! Hope that answers your question!

God Bless,

David

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  963
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  07/10/1963

Daughter of King,

Well, The first thing that comes to mind is God's commandment; Thou Shalt not kill. Also, we are to live our lives as Jesus would, and know that Jesus would not approve of this procedure. Yes, the Lord would take care of that babies soul, it's the person that did the act that I would really be worried about. I have seen an actual abortion take place( on video) and it is nothing but Satan's work! Hope that answers your question!

God Bless,

David

A great philosopher (my uncle), said to me once: out of caos comes tranquility, (he use to always talk like this to us). I know of several nurses who worked in abortion clinics that turned their lives around and committed themselves to the Lord. I wont go into gory details but one ex nurse testified about hearing a baby crying after it had been aborted. She was plagued by nightmares and grief for months.

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,026
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

If it is the child of an unbeliever they will not go to heaven unless they were old enough to make a decision for Christ on their own.

An infant is completely innocent of sin, it isn't responsible if it's parents are unsaved. The kingdom of God is theirs.

Matthew 18

18:1 At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?

18:2 And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,

18:3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

18:4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

18:5 And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.

18:6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and [that] he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

18:7 Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  311
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

since this seems to becoming a discussion about abortion..... i will say i am completely against it.

abortion is not specifically spoken about in the Bible, i believe, for one reason... back then it was considered the worst of all... to kill a baby.

as i have posted before... i doubt that there would be very many women who would abort a baby if they knew that it really was a baby. doctors tell them that its ok... its not a baby yet, its just a feotus... but the word feotus simply means young one. so they are just saying its a baby in language the poor girl just doesn't understand.

there are people out there who have been a result of their mother's rape or similar... and how do you think they would feel , when people say that their mother would have been better off to abort when she had the chance... and quite often the mother would be so grateful that the did not harm to her baby.

i don't care the circumstance... a baby is a baby... i would not be able to bring myself to have an abortion. nor could i encourage some body else to have an abortion... yes even my own daughter.

this is the subject i feel the strongest about.... nobody has converted me and no body will.

• Content Count:  311
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

If it is the child of an unbeliever they will not go to heaven unless they were old enough to make a decision for Christ on their own.

i don't believe that!!!!

i believe that a child that dies under the age of understanding goes to be with the Father. this in my mind includes from conception. yes, i would be more worried about the lives of the mother and medical personel.

i want to ask you daughterofking, if you found you were pregnant... you went for an abortion... but before they did the procedure they detected the baby's heart beat - allowing you to hear it... or you saw your baby via ultrasound would you still go through with the abortion???????

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

This post may seem like I'm coming down sort of hard, but I am just being honest.

If what you are referring to is the "morning after" pill or emergency contraceptives, then it's not an abortion. All the morning after pill does is prevent conception (the egg is not fertilized). It's like birth control, only it's taken after intercourse instead of before.

If this is not what you were talking about, then I apologize, as I know that there are drugs that can induce abortions (which I oppose, too). Some people just often mistake emergency contraceptives as drugs that cause abortions.

Anyhow, don't take this the wrong way, but I don't think someone disagreeing with you intensley classifies as persecution or even hate. I think many American Christians look for ways to feel persecuted, and quite frankly, I don't like it. Sure, there have been instances when horrible things have been done to different Christians in the United States, but it's not a common occurrence. And yes, Christians may be put down or disliked here because of their beliefs or views, but I don't classify that as persecution. Persecution of Christians is what happens in countries like Saudi Arabia and China, not the United States.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

some times it is not the best thing to do..... praying for the Holy Spirit to convict them, but maybe for the Holy Spirit to work on us more.... with more love and compassion towards or fellow man.... our neighbors......

some just do not understand what we know and believe, this is where we need to learn to allow the Spirit to work in us more so that others see what is in us and want what we have.....

I can see why so many people "hate" Christians.... alot of the time, we do come across as being righteous, above the rest of the world...... just as the religious leaders 2000 years ago, we know all the right words and we wear all the right stuff, and alot of the time we do tend to come across very harsh......

this is what we have to have changed.

we need to be a living witness, not just words, but in action and full time witness to the Holy Spirit.....

no one likes to be told they are wrong, even me, some have learned to listen to what is being said to them and accept it thou.....

if we tell some one they are wrong, they will just rebel against us... if we show honest compassion ( most show patrinization ) Compassion, and love towards all people, yes, all people at all times no matter what the problem is, then others will see what we have, not just hearing what we think we have, and then will want it also.....

I agree, killing at any point is not right, and some times when we are asked a question there is no right answer, other then following the example that Christ set for us......

His answers to the leaders never answered their questions with out asking them a question, in which they were caught in their own traps....

we do not need to be coniving, or deceiptful, just cautious as to how we answer the question, while still showing love and compassion for the person asking an entrapping question....

mike