• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,795
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  130
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

The Senate on Friday blocked a vote to reauthorize 16 expiring provisions of the controversial USA Patriot Act.

http://www.worthynews.com/zone.cgi?http://...,178898,00.html

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  225
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/07/1980

Praise G-d for that.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Praise G-d for that.

Ever actually read the Patriot Act? Perhaps you should read it and not just listen what the ACLU has to say or members of the other political party, or the mainstream media. The Patriot Acts is a good piece of legislation for the times in which we live.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Praise G-d for that.

Ever actually read the Patriot Act? Perhaps you should read it and not just listen what the ACLU has to say or members of the other political party, or the mainstream media. The Patriot Acts is a good piece of legislation for the times in which we live.

I would really disagree with this..... not nearly enough oversight infolved.

Hello,

President Calls on U.S. Senate to End Filibuster of the Patriot Act

The USA PATRIOT Act: Preserving Life and Liberty

Why do we need the Patriot Act?

We anticipate a black future for America. Instead of remaining United States, it shall end up separated states and shall have to carry the bodies of its sons back to America.

Osama, Christians everywhere trust in Jesus the Son of God not in your predictions that are from another source.

Our enemy is still alive and well let's catch him. We don't want to be accused of opening a great big hole in our national security.

President Bush wants to protect us from terrorists and the mad man Osama. Let's help him do his job and support and pray for him.

Hummmm, the last time I heard him talk about Osama, he said that he wasn't that concerned with him... he has left our borders wide open and passed laws to allow spying on citizens and detention of citizens..... with friends like George, do we need many other enemies.

I pray for him alright, mostly to open his eyes to understand what he is doing to this nation.

Now it looks like he has broken laws to allow illegal unmonitored spying on citizens, proving that he can not be trusted with any unmonitored powers. He and his administration needs to be tossed out in the street on their keisters....... I'll pray for him alright...... grrrrrrrrrrr

Hello,

Update..

Radio Address by the President to the Nation December 17, 2005

And the Patriot Act allowed federal investigators to pursue terrorists with tools they already used against other criminals. Congress passed this law with a large, bipartisan majority, including a vote of 98-1 in the United States Senate.

All's legal and above board.

The question..

with friends like George, do we need many other enemies.

The only way to the enemies heart is through a secure nation. The Patriot Act fulfill this mission at home.

We'll see...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  225
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/07/1980

First of all, I don't follow only popular opinion, I respect Bush's stance on abortion, and stem cell research, but beyond that I have no respect for him. There is a part of the patriot act that really got me, if passed it would have been another salem witch hunt. If you were to say you supspected Joe Schmo for something, the authorities would have legal right to apprehend, take DNA, and even deport someone without even a trial. That agenda leaves room for a lot of mistakes. If they want to get better "terrorist protection" they need to focus on our borders, and I hate to say this, but they should use profiling. It makes no sense that my grandmother gets checked in an airport, but Mohamad goes right through unchecked. Screw being PC at this point, if it comes down to the government spying on us, or Muslims getting searched a little harder I will go with the latter. I have had Muslim friends in the past, I have no hatred whatsoever for them as a people, but when it comes to protecting our country we should be a little more specific in who we are checking out.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,026
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

The patriot act would most likely fall into the wrong hands and interpretation down the road, probably at the christians expense judging from the growing hostility out there. I'm definitely against it.