sisterinchrist

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

sisterinchrist, we have had several threads on this subject and some of them had to be locked for the exuberance of some of the posters. You might like to read through them and get a good idea of some of us...... and also where this subject leads if we are not very very careful.

http://www.worthyboards.com/index.php?showtopic=9932&hl=

http://www.worthyboards.com/index.php?showtopic=24147&hl=

http://www.worthyboards.com/index.php?showtopic=26382&hl=

http://www.worthyboards.com/index.php?showtopic=23712&hl=

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  428
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

There are some on the radio that are crooks too, but I hear a ton of good sermons on the radio, the few I listen to a lot are Chuck Swindol, and R.C. Sproll, and a guy with a scottish accent, he's really good, but I never catch his name. G-d bless

Does Allister Beg (don't know for sure about the spelling :thumbsup: ) ring a bell?

I listen to christian radio programing alot, too.

I have watched TBN before and found it lacking in substance. There are many things about it that bother me when I have watched.

Sometimes wondered what the Lord Yeshua was thinking about it.

The opinion I have formed of Benny Hinn is that he is a crook.

A friend of mine went to see him awhile back when he came to Milwaukee. I was concerned for her and asked her to please be careful about where she places her faith. She said she was just going to go and see what happened. If I recall, she did not go back the following day to see him and she was thinking she might. I think something about it bothered her.

Her back was was in pain at the time. She eventually had back surgery and it has not bothered her anymore. She thanks God for her healing through surgery.

Pain can make people feel desperate for relief. I do believe in healing. I also believe there are crooks out to take advantage of people's suffering and there is plenty of that going on these days.

Sometimes suffering is something we will have to bear. I believe suffering serves a purpose in God's plan in molding us.

We need to learn to trust God. Always. Sometimes suffering shows us that.

Once I watched a video tape with footage of him encouraging some men that worked for his ministry to smoke a pipe allegedly containing heroin~the man later died that same night of a heroin overdose according to the the video. The reason I word it like this is I do not want to be accused of slander~I am simply relaying what I saw and heard. If you are interested in researching it, I can try and dig up the name of the video and if it is available, as I am sure we have it around here somewhere.

I have even wondered if there are any ministries out there that might be money laundering rackets, but who knows?

We dropped cable tv a few months ago, so we cannot watch TBN anymore. It was one of the numerous channels we will not miss.

Thanks and God Bless,

Mrs. Sealed Eternal :th_handshake:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  225
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/07/1980

Yeah that does sound familiar, thanks

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,278
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

There are some on the radio that are crooks too, but I hear a ton of good sermons on the radio, the few I listen to a lot are Chuck Swindol, and R.C. Sproll, and a guy with a scottish accent, he's really good, but I never catch his name. G-d bless

I think you may be talking about Alistair Begg.

http://www.truthforlife.org

• Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

Sproll is a really godly man....his best sermon that I ever heard was on the holiness of God. Man, that sermon would bring chills and then tears....Whew! Man, that's a man who can preach mightily. He's a man who fears God and trembles...awesome preaching!

• Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

Here's a godly man:

Reinhardt Bonkke (spelling may be off)....is an evangelist with the heart of a true saint. Early in his ministry, he was needing just a small amount of money to pay the rent on his tiny little office.

He prayed and prayed that God grant him just enough money to pay the rent. While talking a walk, he said the Lord spoke to him and said, "Reinhardt, do you want a million dollars?"

Reinhardt was stunned and confused. He paused and thought for a moment and finally broke down and cried. He said, "Lord, no....I don't want money. I want souls. Give me a million souls for your glory.

His call was to win the lost souls of Africa. I've seen a sea of humanity, coming to hear the gospel in Africa. Literally millions!

That was years ago. Today, he's asking the Lord, "Please, not a million souls, Lord. I want a billion souls for the Kingdom!"

Now, his mission is to take the gospel to Europe.

I know it's easy to put our eyes on those who are greedy and unfaithful, but I can assure anyone who reads this....there's men and women of God who DEEPLY LOVE the Lord and are committed to do His will. :th_handshake:

I think the majority of them start with wonderful intentions, and somewhere down the line get sucked into the pit of greed, and arrogance. The ones who stay on the right path seem to be a minority, but I have faith that the TRUE word of G-d is getting out through those select few. R.C. Sproll is brilliant, when I first heard him, I thought he sounded so smug, and arrogant (just the sound of his voice) but when I heard his messages, a lot have been life changing. G-d bless him, and his ministry. I love when you hear those sermons that bring tears to your eyes, you get that wonderful hair on the back of your neck, supernatural feelling of the Holy Spirit that is so moving.

Aaron

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  11/02/1960

Your criticisms of some of these preachers is 'interesting' in the light that a couple of these mentioned preachers (such as Copeland, Duplentis, Bonke) are winning 100 of thousands or more souls into God's Kingdom. If they are in fact false prophets (as you say) then you'd think that there would be NO or little fruit. If they are "Satan's tools" as you would propose, then why are there multitudes of people being won to Christ thru their ministries? How many have YOU won to Christ???? Are you taking the gospel into third world countries and communist countries? Have you shared the Gospel of Jesus Christ with your entire family and co-workers? I hear so many people criticize these type of ministers that are out their doing the ministry in a big way. At least they are making great inroads into growing God's Kingdom. Are you jeolous? What is your calling?... The Great Commission or the Great Criticism? I get tired of all you that would rather do nothing and criticize instead of putting your energies into soul winning, discipling and promoting peace and harmony in the Body of Christ. We all have different jobs in the Body. If you are the hand, don't criticize the foot because it doesn't do things the way YOU want them done.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

I have always found it interesting that defenders of the above mentioned "peachers" appeal to the so-called "thousands" of people that have received the Lord at their crusades as evidence for the authenticity of their ministries. In fact, just this last weekend I caught a "crusade" led by Benny Hinn and company televised from some foriegn country (It may have been India or someplace thereabouts). After watching the many minutes of coordinated emotional pandering on the part of Hinn and his choir the camera cut quickly to Hinn in-studio annoucing that several thousand had received the Lord at that "crusade." He then announced the schedule for his further planned "crusades" in places like South Africa, South America, California, etc.

I find a few things problematic with such huge appeals to the gospel in the first place, but I find it particularly striking that, with respect to Benny Hinn, et. al., that few Christians ever actually wonder to which Christ are these so-called thousands giving their lives to. Secondly, it is particularly problematic that Hinn and others claim to have "won" so many "souls" to Christ, but not so much as one has ever talked about what happens to these "won souls" after the "crusade" is over! "Winning souls to Christ" is one thing, but shepherding new believers is another entirely! What use are these so-called "thousands" to the kingdom of the heavens if they are not being shepherded and fed, and nurtured for their growth?! It is potentially much more damaging to the kingdom, in fact, to have so many thousands of babes in Christ that are not being taken care of.

The Holy Spirit gives you the ability to spot things that are wrong, and people who are doing wrong. When the Bible talks about falst teachers of the Word of G-d, this is them. You can see their greed come out in a big way. I am not talking about them all, there are some good, but there are some bad, and when people follow that bad teaching, it will leave there spirit worse off than it was before. They will let this so called "ministry" take their money, keep asking for money, like a bill collector, and when they stop giving money, the ministry stops with them. That is not what the Bible teaches. The number one priority of these false teachers is money, a man cannot serve both G-d and money, they need to be preaching becaues they have a genuine concern for peoples souls, not that new cadillac they want, these people ride in Limos, private jets, they live and act like celebreties, and that in not right. Don't defend these people, they are wolves, they do no good for Christianity, a lot of people turn away from Christ, because they see how greedy these select few are, if only they could see a genuine, caring preacher hard at work they would be walking with Christ right now. But honesty, and love don't sell, watch one of those programs, you will see them ask for money like if they don't they will go to hell. These people get so scared of burning in hell, that they hand over everything, deeds to their houses, life savings, and you think these ministires care, NO they got what they wanted from her/him, and they are on to the next. Disgusting behavior, and I don't consider them Christians, and I pray that Yeshua opens their eyes.

Aaron