DaughterofKing

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

You should be generous and give them to someone who enjoys the show. The DVDs are not "evil," they just don't promote Christian values. It's fine that this bothers you, but destroying the DVDs wouldn't get rid of them any more efficiently than giving them away.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  428
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Here's a few words of encouragement from God's Word:

Eph 5:1 Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children;

Eph 5:2 and walk in love, just as Christ also loved you and gave Himself up for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God as a fragrant aroma.

Eph 5:3 But immorality or any impurity or greed must not even be named among you, as is proper among saints;

Eph 5:4 and there must be no filthiness and silly talk, or coarse jesting, which are not fitting, but rather giving of thanks.

Eph 5:5 For this you know with certainty, that no immoral or impure person or covetous man, who is an idolater, has an inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.

Eph 5:6 Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience.

Eph 5:7 Therefore do not be partakers with them;

Eph 5:8 for you were formerly darkness, but now you are Light in the Lord; walk as children of Light

Eph 5:9 (for the fruit of the Light consists in all goodness and righteousness and truth),

Eph 5:10 trying to learn what is pleasing to the Lord.

Eph 5:11 Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them;

Eph 5:12 for it is disgraceful even to speak of the things which are done by them in secret.

Peace, :noidea:

Mrs. SE

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  41
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

whether you sell the dvds or not, there are still gonna be millions of copies out there for the world. its not like yours is the only one out there :b:

tossing them will have ABSOLUTELY no difference than selling them. either way, if someone wanted to watch the movie, they could get their hands on it, with your indirect help or not :noidea:

If you are looking for justification to hold on to the ways of death I'm sure you can come up with one.

If you want to prepare the way of the Lord you will do otherwise.

It's your decision.

I'm pretty sure Sex and the City does not equal the ways of death. There is a very fine line between christian liberty and legalism. This all depends on whether or not these things have affected ur walk with God in a negative way. If u feel u have become distant in ur relationship with God directly because of watching an episode of Sex and the City then i say toss them. And if u are causing someone else to stumble directly because of the dvd's then i say toss them but if u dont fall into either of these categories i say keep them.

yall are getting a little extreme..talking about "evil" dvd's and the ways of death...u make it sound like i'll go to hell if i watch one episode of secular tv. it all depends on ur walk with God and christian liberty. if ur faith is not effected and u and God are still as tight as u were before u watched it then what is the problem?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

Throwing away something that can be worth money is not being a very good steward of what you have been blessed with.

I say sell or trade the movies for something more appropriate for you.

Or donate the money you recieve to the church.

Let something good come from something you feel is bad.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  265
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  12/30/1987

I agree with Cymba22...those dvd's arent "evil" as u put it...as long as u dont allow them to interfere with ur faith i dont see the problem with them.

Read Romans 14:22-23:

22So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the man who does not condemn himself by what he approves. 23But the man who has doubts is condemned if he eats, because his eating is not from faith; and everything that does not come from faith is sin.

Do you have doubts about whether they honor God?

If I were you I would dump them, as long as they are in your possession they will a temptation. Ignore the advice that some say that it is okay, because it's not okay. If you can't take the word of the Holy Spirit today, tomorrow may be too late. Don't give the adversary a foot hold by keeping his trash in your house that you ask God to bless.

respecfully,

eric.

If you are of the mind that they are not pleasing to God, by all means, get rid of them. I think the idea of trading them is all right. Wait a little bit, and you can get "The End of the Spear" on dvd. It's really sobering, and motivates you to live for Christ, to see what the Saints and the Elliots went through to follow Christ.

Don't trade them if you feel that God's will for you is to destroy them- for example, do you feel that you just shouldn't be watching so many DVDs at all?

You should be generous and give them to someone who enjoys the show. The DVDs are not "evil," they just don't promote Christian values. It's fine that this bothers you, but destroying the DVDs wouldn't get rid of them any more efficiently than giving them away.

Umm.. this is not exactly Godly... The verses already posted clearly state that if things aren't pure, and promote good values, they are not things we should be watching. Not that everything has to talk specifically about God... but if they don't promote good values, that means that they promote bad ones... which is not a very good thing to be doing.

Whether to burn them, trade them, or give them away, really depends on what God is working on with you. if it's materialistic struggles, trading one for another will still leave you with the same number... if you struggle with the influences of the less moral videos, trading them for something that is more Biblically sound might be a good idea, too. You could always trade them in for children's videos, and give them to someone for a birthday... just a thought....

do whatever God is leading you to do.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  720
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  09/20/1947

I think the Apostle Paul said something like - although all things were available to him, not all these things were good for him.

I had a similar problem with my collection of books some time ago and eventually came to the conclusion that I would give back to this world what belongs to it and use the proceeds for something that would be more helpful to my spiritual wellbeing.

Whatever anyone else thinks though, you must obey the Lord in what you beleive He wants you to do. :b:

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  6

I'm guessing Jesus would want you to trade them in -- get some money/goods for the money you've invested. (Unless you have money to burn, trade 'em!)

If you don't do that, consider giving them to a public library.

I have a feeling you're being harder on yourself (for having the tapes/DVDs) and viewing them.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  30
  • Birthday:  06/27/1972

Ok, from my understanding of this thread you have already decided to get rid of the dvds. The only question is how and not wether if you should keep them.

If you are talking about just a couple of dvds, I would just trash them. If you talking a lot of dvds, I would sell or trade them to a store not an individual. Even if you only paid $10 per dvd that adds up and if you can either get some money back or trade them that would be great. I know that I don't have money to just throw out and by not giving or selling to an individual, I think it is no big deal. Those are not the only copies in the world and throwing them out isn't going to keep someone from buying it. At least with trading or selling you can bring something good into your home. You cannot answer for the rest of the world. Nor is it your fault if someone comes in that store and buys it. Let them deal with what they buy in their own.