DaughterofKing

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Am I depressed because I dont have friends or a boyfriend or babies or a career? If I get those things will I cheer up?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  963
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  07/10/1963

I think that you must be ready for those things. If you trust in the Lord with all your heart, with all your mind and with all your strength, he will bring these along for you when the time is ripe.

There is nothing wrong with you except a low self image. How about working on your self esteem? Do affirmations every day and praise the Lord for all the wonderful things he has done for you.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  47
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  06/15/1990

I'm praying for you. I don't really know what to say. For several years I had few friends and no close ones. the friendless year before I knew Jesus was the worst year of my life. Now Jesus is my Best Friend, I've got some others but it's not a fair comparisoin. I agree with bolts that those relationships will come when your ready for them. Pray about these things. Sometimes we just have to trust God even when it hurts a little.

Jereimaih 29:11-13 11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

God knows what he's doing in your life.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  1,278
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

Am I depressed because I dont have friends or a boyfriend or babies or a career? If I get those things will I cheer up?

I was like this at one point.

I was depressed for many years, even attempting suicide.

I was focused on myself and not on others.

When I gave my live to Christ I started focusing on how I could be a blessing to others.

Then the depression went away. If you are relying on other people to make you happy, you will always be disappointed.

But if you rely on God . . . . . . . . . . . . . you will never be let down. :(

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

Good point Kristinoss.

When I stopped trying to get what I felt I wanted and needed, and instead took what God gave me, it really really helped. God may have different plans for us than what we think will make us happy.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  1,278
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

Good point Kristinoss.

When I stopped trying to get what I felt I wanted and needed, and instead took what God gave me, it really really helped. God may have different plans for us than what we think will make us happy.

I have heard dozens of stories of people in very poor countries who have literally only a percentage of the things we do and yet they are content and extremely happy people.

It is because in their hearts and minds they have no needs except for God's provision. :(

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  07/07/1964

Luke 10:38As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. 39She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet listening to what he said. 40But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, "Lord, don't you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!"

41"Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things, 42but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her."

Just stay at his feet :(

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.18
  • Days Won:  58

You dont have peace within yourself. You cant have happiness from external things, only from within. And only with the Lord. True and best happiness comes from the Lord. From the joy of trusting in Him. From the joy of the relationship with Him. Then the external things wont matter.

You once told me DoK that you wont trust Him unless there is something in it for you. Well this is what is in it for you--peace. Look at all your posts. You are clearly unhappy. Surrender to the Lord DoK and be at peace.

• Topic Count:  77
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  07/24/1985

I was like this at one point.

I was depressed for many years, even attempting suicide.

I was focused on myself and not on others.

When I gave my live to Christ I started focusing on how I could be a blessing to others.

Then the depression went away. If you are relying on other people to make you happy, you will always be disappointed.

But if you rely on God . . . . . . . . . . . . . you will never be let down. :(

right on :( I had to learn this the hard way - I got dumped by the guy I was placeing my happiness upon. Had to learn to put my happiness on God, not him or any of my friends. Still trying to keep in my head today...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Abe Lincoln said: "Folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."