• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  963
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/10/1963

Hi mrcorey,

I do believe that there are dinosaurs and that some have evolved into specific animals that we have today.

I am doing researching for our local radio station. I came across an article about a dinosaur egg that was 150 million years old. It was quite a find, because now, analysis have a link to the likelihood that dinosaurs have indeed changed in shape and structure over the years.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  363
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Thank you for all the posts. My friend & I are debating dinosaurs so I wanted some input. Personally, I have a hard time believing they existed like we are taught.

My friend on the other hand believe they existed as the science community says. If the earth is really young, where did the dinosaurs go?

Somebody suggested I read Job 40, I did and to me it's not talking about a dinosaur, but probably an aligator.

Again thanks;

in Him;

corey

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  300
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

very interesting.

Though I guess I missunderstood you before. It is dried tissue that was never exposed to water, I was thinking you meant still moist. I can't say the find really proves or disproves the age question (due to the way it was preserved) but the follow-up work on this find will definately be something to read about.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

Dinos are real......God created this world over billions of years (yes, I'm an old Earth creationist, so sue me). The thing is, creation has a two part aspect; glorification and love. He created man (man did not evolve) in His own image for both....but the rest of creation is solely for glory.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  265
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  12/30/1987

Thank you for all the posts. My friend & I are debating dinosaurs so I wanted some input. Personally, I have a hard time believing they existed like we are taught.

My friend on the other hand believe they existed as the science community says. If the earth is really young, where did the dinosaurs go?

Somebody suggested I read Job 40, I did and to me it's not talking about a dinosaur, but probably an aligator.

Again thanks;

in Him;

corey

Do alligators breathe fire? I don't consider this type of scripture to be very figurative... and it specifically mentions fire and smoke....

I have heard several theories conserning "where did the dinosaurs go"....

1. they are still around, but in small numbers, because in our earlier history, we did not like them, and killed them off so they wouldn't bother us; they were also the creatures called dragons, and they are the sea monsters like Loch Ness...

2. Their lungs were only sufficient to support their oxygen needs before the flood, when air pressure was higher- after all of that water left the air, the pressure went down, and their lungs were inadequate, so the largest dinosaurs died out, and the small ones that remained either still exist in small numbers, or, they died off too....

A note for your friend: It doesn't take a looong time for something to go extinct... just look at some of our recent history, and you will find several types of animals that have died out, due to us hunting them, etc... The dinosaurs would have been an interesting thing for people to hunt, and it makes sense that we would have hunted them.... that could have wiped them out- and we DO have mention of dragons and dragon-slayers in our literature... could that not be based on at least a shred of fact?

I contend for the earlier theory- Listen to some of what Kent Hovind has to say, (Dr.Dino and maybe you will agree.... if not, it's no big deal- whether or not dinosaurs existed, (where are all the bones from, if they don't.... IMO, you have to be crazy to think that ALL of the bones we have found are fake...) or whether they are alive.... but not EVERYTHING that science says is false.... and dinosaurs do not prove evolution, either... some people have said that....

I am also curious to know what do you think a dinosaur IS, whoever said that a pterodactyl was a "flying reptile" rather than a "dinosaur".. what IS a dinosaur, then? What is its definition?

Whatever the definition, the creatures mentioned in Job are not creatures we have around today, because we CAN subdue alligators and hippos, etc... and they do not breathe fire... and hippos have really REALLY itsy bitsy tails... not cedars.... and they were BIG. not little..... (which an alligator is, compared to many other creatures..... so is a hippo.. but it is already disqualified for its tail..)

that's my $0.02

~Danette

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  47
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  06/15/1990

I most definitely believe the dinosaurs existed and I can agree with the text book (bio 1 student) on everything about dinosaurs up to the point of their evolution into birds. The earth is billions of years ago. (whos to say God didn't create it that long ago. the scriptures don't give us a date or time or even how long everyone in the Bible was alive so why worry about it. God made the earth. if God can't lie why would he try to trick us by making it look scientifically a billion years old and really only be a few thousand. thats just far fetched. No offense) Dinos were real and died out. they lived at the same time as people. They don't get much press because I doubt they where considered any different from others animals where they where alive. I can go with DaniJ87's theory but I honesty don't care so much. 95% of all the organisms on the original earth in there original form are extinct now. No surprise that dinos are gone. I don't think people liked them very much.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  474
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

I most definitely believe the dinosaurs existed and I can agree with the text book (bio 1 student) on everything about dinosaurs up to the point of their evolution into birds. The earth is billions of years ago. (whos to say God didn't create it that long ago. the scriptures don't give us a date or time or even how long everyone in the Bible was alive so why worry about it. God made the earth. if God can't lie why would he try to trick us by making it look scientifically a billion years old and really only be a few thousand. thats just far fetched. No offense) Dinos were real and died out. they lived at the same time as people. They don't get much press because I doubt they where considered any different from others animals where they where alive. I can go with DaniJ87's theory but I honesty don't care so much. 95% of all the organisms on the original earth in there original form are extinct now. No surprise that dinos are gone. I don't think people liked them very much.

When God created Adam, I wonder how old he looked , the appearance of his age...:24: ???

I can't help but find it amusing when people state that the earth is billions of years old...and I sometimes wonder what God is thinking of our understanding... then I am quite certain He has an excellent sense of humor... ;) .

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

It's amazing how this topic can veer off course!

Do you believe there were dinosaurs? If so, do you believe they were giant lizards like creatures? Like a Brontosourous {sp?}, or a teridactal?

Or do you believe they are a figmant to man's imagination?

OK - here's the deal.

Fossils are not man's imagination.

Interpreting them, however, takes some work.

The more the fossils are studied, and as new technology and ceative ways of studying the fossiles develop, new discoveries and more understandings are made.

So, the initial interpretations were that they were giant lizards.

More recent studies are finding that they were not like lizards (reptiles) at all. It would take some time to explain it all, but all indications are that dinos and reptiles are nothing alike.

In fact, pterodactyles - a flying creature - and pleisiasaurs - an aquatic ceature - aren't even considered to be dinosaurs anymore. To be a dinosaur, it has to be a land animal (OK, the reason for this, I haven't heard yet, but from what I heard that is now one of the criteria for classification).

And please no one knock the need for classifications!

But anyway, the Bible is to teach us how to know God, not dinosaurs. The Bible uses everyday knowledge and observances to teach people, but it doesn't teach about the everday knowledge and observances (i.e. baking bread is mentioned, but I wouldn't use those references to teach me how to bake bread! . . . and at what temperature do I set the oven at?).

So whether or not leviathon or beheomath or dinos doesn't make any difference as far as believing whether or not dinosaurs existed.

As to the "when they existed" question . . . well, that wasn't in the original question, was it?!

Guest NewPilgrim
The earth is billions of years ago. (whos to say God didn't create it that long ago. the scriptures don't give us a date or time or even how long everyone in the Bible was alive so why worry about it. God made the earth. if God can't lie why would he try to trick us by making it look scientifically a billion years old and really only be a few thousand. thats just far fetched. No offense)

Katie, Hi :thumbsup:

The genealogies in scripture which combine to trace the ancestry from Adam to Jesus, also provide a timeline which we can follow and its from this that we can show that there are approximately 4000 years between the creation of Adam and the birth of Jesus. From there its a simple matter of following the calendar which places us approximately 2006 years AD (yes, it IS approximate) The sum total of which indicating that from Adam to today is a little over 6000 years.

Genesis makes a clear indication of God creating the earth in 6 days, with Adam being made on the 6th day, so we can easily equate the length of the genealogies with the age of the earth.

The answers you require regarding the "old looking" earth are found in the account of the Noic flood (Genesis 7 & 8) and you can find an interesting scientific look at the events at drdino.com as has already been pointed out. The "hovind theory" is quite fascinating and holds up under scientific scrutiny.

Gods not tricking anyone, the earth looks old because it is, it looks torn because it is and it looks duressed because it is. We've just been brainwashed into thinking that only millions/billions of years can achieve it.

btw, did you know that if the earth was 4 billion years old and that an exinction level meteor passed close to the earth every 5000 years (both of which are widely thought by the scientific community) then the possibility of us still being here would be just under 1,000,000 to 1? I don't like them odds much.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  10/14/1962

An alligator?!?!?!

Seriously?!?!?!

Job 41:18-33

18 His snorting throws out flashes of light;

his eyes are like the rays of dawn.

19 Firebrands stream from his mouth;

sparks of fire shoot out.

20 Smoke pours from his nostrils

as from a boiling pot over a fire of reeds.

21 His breath sets coals ablaze,

and flames dart from his mouth.

22 Strength resides in his neck;

dismay goes before him.

23 The folds of his flesh are tightly joined;

they are firm and immovable.

24 His chest is hard as rock,

hard as a lower millstone.

25 When he rises up, the mighty are terrified;

they retreat before his thrashing.

26 The sword that reaches him has no effect,

nor does the spear or the dart or the javelin.

27 Iron he treats like straw

and bronze like rotten wood.

28 Arrows do not make him flee;

slingstones are like chaff to him.

29 A club seems to him but a piece of straw;

he laughs at the rattling of the lance.

30 His undersides are jagged potsherds,

leaving a trail in the mud like a threshing sledge.

31 He makes the depths churn like a boiling caldron

and stirs up the sea like a pot of ointment.

32 Behind him he leaves a glistening wake;

one would think the deep had white hair.

33 Nothing on earth is his equal