• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I know this goes against conventional wisdom and the teachings of science, but I am not so sure there are all of these numberous galaxies with suns and planets revolving around them.

Just wondering, but what do you make of these images:

Galaxies images

Those are nice pictures, but they still do not show us conclusive proof these stars are suns and have planets revolving around them.

OK - the pictures were in reference to the "numberous galaxies" comment.

This was to show that there are "numberous galaxies."

Now, about "stars are suns with planets" - I do not believe that scientists claim that every star has planets orbiting about them.

And even of those stars which have been found to have at least one planet orbiting them (and yes, this has been observed), there hasn't been found one that there can be evidence to claim the existance of life. (Of course, this is based on size of the star and distance of the planet to the sun.) There has only been one planet discovered which has been determined to be terrestrial rather than a gas giant. But even that one was determined to not be in the parameters for life as we know it to be possible. I can dig up the article(s) if need be.

As for the verse in Genesis about the Sun and Moon being mentioned separately from the stars, the passage was in context of the Earth. For Earth, the Sun and the stars serve different functions, so naturally would be mentioned separately.

Genesis 1 wasn't written to teach us cosmology! :)

It was written to teach us God.

I wish more Christians would look into how Genesis 1 could teach them about God rather than about the Earth.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

But what of light if that is, as Genesis seems to say, a separate creation to the sun and the stars and even created before those!

Hello Luke,

I believe the light that God spoke into existence on the 1st day of creation that God had allowed it to shine into this world, was the very light that shone and radiates from around God's throne. God had created His place of abode on this same 1st day of creation along with the angelic host that also abides round God's throne. "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth."

The heaven it speaks of here is God's place of abode where he dwells where there is no night and it's not the heaven that was created on the second day of creation. For that is a seperate heaven as in day number one.

But I personally believe it to be the light that is radiating from his throne that God allowed by his voice to shine into this world.

God Bless

Openly Curious

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Genesis 1 wasn't written to teach us cosmology! :24:

It was written to teach us God.

I wish more Christians would look into how Genesis 1 could teach them about God rather than about the Earth.

Actually, that is not what Genesis claims.

Genesis 2:4 looks back at Genesis 1:1-Gen. 2:3 and says, "These are the generations(origin and history) of the heavens and the earth when they were created..." So in effect, Genesis DOES claim to be teaching "cosmology" in the first 35 verses.

:noidea: OK, so what can you learn about nebulas from the Bible? Or auroras? Or meteor showers? Or the planets (Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Uranus, Neptune?) Or the dark spots on the Moon? Or sun spots? Or radiation? Or the chemical composition of the Sun?

:thumbsup:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,262
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

012looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, on account of which the heavens will be destroyed by burning, and the elements will melt with intense heat! 13But according to His promise we are looking for new heavensand a new earth, in which righteousness dwells.

NASB

Brings an awesome vision in light of this thread.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,262
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

07And there was war in heaven, Michael and his angels waging war with the dragon. And the dragon and his angels waged war, 8and they were not strong enough, and there was no longer a place found for them in heaven. 9And the great dragon was thrown down, the serpent of old who is called the devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him. 1

NASB

There is a movement in these end times that is building for these ET's to have been here from the start and created mankind by genetic manipulation. I find it interesting that most of the UFO flap started about the time that Israel was being brought back to their land.

Yes there are ET's and they were thrown out of the heavens by our Lord and his angels and are in the process of deceiving the world. That great master of Light (we know him as the serpant) will soon make his appearance as the great life giver and one should be very versed in God's word and filled with His Spirit not to be drawn into this deception.

Guest truespirit

"Yes there are ET's and they were thrown out of the heavens by our Lord and his angels and are in the process of deceiving the world."

I never like to be confrontational, especially with Christian friends, but with all due respect, how on earth would anyone here know whether or not aliens exist, let alone whether or not they have been banished from the Heavens? I thought that God only created life here on earth, outside of Heaven and hell? Never once have I read anything about extra terestrials in the Bible.

The only focus that we should be having as Christians deals with God and His Son, Jesus Christ. Any line of thought that goes beyond that falls into something that was not intended for us, that's what I believe anyway. To incorporate principles of science fiction with the Bible, there's a fine line there, isn't there?

The mind can do a lot of things, it can come up with a lot of different ideas, crazy ones, too. I know that, I've fallen into this type of stuff before, and it's hard not to at times in this day of advancing science and so forth.

Nonetheless, unless there is a Bible verse that I'm unware of that specifically warns us about alien beings, I'm just going to stick to the Bible's teachings from now on, you know.

Edited by truespirit

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  01/09/1985

Hello Luke,

I believe the light that God spoke into existence on the 1st day of creation that God had allowed it to shine into this world, was the very light that shone and radiates from around God's throne. God had created His place of abode on this same 1st day of creation along with the angelic host that also abides round God's throne. "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth."

That's a good way of looking at it, and probably the best thought on this 'first day light' I've ever heard, actually!

Although something that always made me wonder, if God had no heaven until the first day of creation.. then where was He before that? Surely He would have wanted a proper dwelling place to live?

[truespirit]

"Yes there are ET's and they were thrown out of the heavens by our Lord and his angels and are in the process of deceiving the world."

[openly curious]

Hello truespirit,

Thank you so much for you response,

You said in the beginning of your post that "yes" there are ET's (extra-terrestrials) and they got thrown out of the heavens by our Lord and his angels and are in the process of deceiving the world."

So here you believe they existed only in heaven at one time before they were thrown out. Which I take this to mean you are talking about the war between Satan and God that took place and the 3rd of the angels rebelled along with the devil when they got all kicked out of heaven. And you believe the fallen angels are the ET's and the ET's are in this earth now deceiving those in this world we live in. Right (if not correct please let me know)

[truespirit]

I never like to be confrontational, especially with Christian friends, but with all due respect, how on earth would anyone here know whether or not aliens exist, let alone whether or not they have been banished from the Heavens? I thought that God only created life here on earth, outside of Heaven and hell? Never once have I read anything about extra terestrials in the Bible.

[openly curious]

Now here you seem a little confused as you are asking in a reverent manner, a question, "How" on earth would anyone here know whether or not aliens (ET's extra-terrestrial) exist, let alone whether or not they have been banished from the Heavens? Then you give your thoughts and say, I thought that God only created life here on earth, outside of Heaven and hell? (you ended this thought with a question mark as this might be another question you have if that is true I will address that question in a moment) but this thought seems to be going against the start of your post where you believed or stated "there are ET's." Then you state you've never read anything in the bible about extra terrestrials.

Which leads me to believe you are not exactly sure of your position because you have no scripture evidence to back of your views on whether alien beings are true or false. But the bible does give us the answers to these questions. And it's in asking questions we can find the answers that we seek within God's word. I'll talk more on this in a moment.

[truespirit]

The only focus that we should be having as Christians deals with God and His Son, Jesus Christ. Any line of thought that goes beyond that falls into something that was not intended for us, that's what I believe anyway. To incorporate principles of science fiction with the Bible, there's a fine line there, isn't there?

[openly curious]

you say, the only focus that we should be having as Christians deals with God and His Son, Jesus Christ and you said also that, any line of thought that goes beyond that falls into something that was not intended for us. Then you state that is what you believe anyway. Well it is God in the beginning who gave us his word and he gave us his son Jesus Christ as well. In giving us his word he gave us the gift of knowledge to the things pertaining to Him. There is a vast amount of knowledge contained in the pages of God's word that he meant for us to have so the way I see it all subjects are relevant in light of his truth so we can know what the truth and falsehoods are as I've said the bible does have the answers we seek. And there are a lot of wrong ideas about angels, the after life, aliens, the resurrection of the dead, the coming of the Lord, that are all centered around wrong views that people are embracing in this arena of alien beings. We are even told to study to shew ourselves approved of God. I just believe the church should be equipped to give the seeking heart answers on things that are contrary to the things given to us within the bible.

Also you said, to incorporate principles of science fiction with the bible, there's a fine line there, isn't there? Well if you are referring to ET's as being science fiction and that is the "fine line" in which you are talking about that shouldn't exist because we shouldn't be focusing on such things then I would have to disagree for the said reasons I mentioned above. But if you don't mean it that way and are talking about science fiction as a whole and in general I still would have to disagree because I don't think there is a fine line in the way I look at things. I simple don't think incorporating principles of any kind should be mixed with the bible as I've said, God has I believe given us his word and his word provides the answers we seek on innummerous subjects. All we have to do is search things out for ourselves in light of his word and then when we do we must accept God's reasoning and the knowledge he has provided us within his word by faith. Unfortunately people don't like what the answers are in the bible and refuse to simply accept them.

[truespirit]

The mind can do a lot of things, it can come up with a lot of different ideas, crazy ones, too. I know that, I've fallen into this type of stuff before, and it's hard not to at times in this day of advancing science and so forth.

[openly curious]

I agree 100% with you here as the imagination of our hearts can do our minds a disservice as we sometimes will entertain things we ought not. We should all align our thought process up with the bible as well to see if the things we are thinking, meditating, and or are pondering on has truth and validity to it because God may be trying to teach us something as well. So, if out thoughts do not align up with the word we should not dwell or entertain any of those types of things. There are a lot of falsehoods in the ideaoloy of our day we live in and we should be caution in what we embrace.

[truespirit]

Nonetheless, unless there is a Bible verse that I'm unware of that specifically warns us about alien beings, I'm just going to stick to the Bible's teachings from now on, you know.

[openly curious]

I will address the part above that I said I'd get to in a moment and then will answer your last statement before I finish.

In your belief at the beginning you believe et's existed in heaven and they exist even right now in this earth and they are decieving people in this world but then you are really not sure of your position on this.

Well I do not believe that the fallen angels that you believe to be the et's extra-terresterials are in fact et's. The fallen angel are just that fallen "angels" that rebelled against God and got kicked out. I do not believe that extra-terresterials exist period.

The apostle Peter speaks about a group of these fallen angels in his epistle 2 Peter 2:4 and describes to us that they were cast down to hell and are in chains of darkness being reserved for a future time of judgment. These fallen angels here are not the 3rd of the angels who rebelled against God with Satan in heaven and got kicked out. But this is referring to another group of angels that is mentioned in Genesis chapter 6 that left their first estate (heaven) and intermengled or co-habitated they had sex with the women of the earth at that time and produced giants in the land that Peter was addressing.

This group of fallen angels who left their first estate was judged more harshly by God and this group of fallen angels does not have free reign in the air space to roam and decieve the people of the earth anymore. The wickedness that they committed back then in Genesis 6 will never happen again on earth as they have been bound by God himself because of the terrible wickedness they did. Jude in his epistle also spoke of this particular group of angels in verse #6.

The bible tells us of the other fallen angels which is the 3rd of the angels that had originally rebelled with Satan. It speaks of those in Epehsians chapter 6:10-18 as we are told to put on the whole armour of God so that we may withstand in the spiritual battle we are to fight against spiritual wickedness in high places. Satan is the "prince" of the power of the air as we are told in Ephesians 2:2 it is within the atmosphere that the fallen angels along with Satan do and carry on their mischief at as they bring various types of temptations to mankind so they will carry it out. The spiritual battle is with the wickedness going on within the airspace that the devil and his minions work within to deceive us. This is the spiritual wickedness in high places it speaks about that we are to war and fight earnestly against we are to contend for our faith because the devil and his fallen angels are out to cause us to depart from the one and true living God that we have in this life turned to and put our trust in as we accepted Christ as our Saviour and the devil wants us back so that we may once again serve him.

But these fallen angels that we war against in this world are not ET's exra-terrestials or alien beings. Now I do realize that witin the angelic host their are many different kinds or types of angels that exists and do look different from one another for example the cherubim and the seraphims angels they are different but they still are angels. It is the same within the demonic realm the appearance of these fallen angels may take on or have different forms of looks but they are all still fallen angels and not Et's extra-terresterials. The fallen race of angels are demons that war against us as christians.

Now as I said the bible does have the answers so let me get to that part. The bible does speak about "terresterial" beings and it also talks about "celesstial" beings as well. I will briefly address both of them. The "terresterial" beings being "pert" to heaven and the "celesstial" beings being "pert" to this earth.

In 1 Corinthians chapter 15:35-44 while the apostle Paul is addressing the believers at the Corinthian church on the subject of the resurrection it is here that the bible sheds light on the subject of alien beings and holds the key to whether or not alien beings exist or not. Let's look at the text now.

1 Corinthians 15:35-44 say, 35) "But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come? 36) Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die. 37) And that which thou sowest thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain: 38) But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body. 39) All flesh is not the same flesh, but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes. and another of birds. 40) There are also "celestial" bodies and bodies "terrestrial" but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another. 41) There is one glory of the sun and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars; for one star differeth from another star in glory. 42) So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption it is raised in incorruption. 43) It is sown in dishonour, it is raised in glory it is sown in weakness it is raised in power. 44) It is sown a natural body it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body."

As you can see in verse 40 that there are indeed "celestial " bodies and also there are "terrestrial" bodies. The apostle Paul is trying to get the believers to see that every living thing that God created in the beginning has a body of some kind or type of it's own. Paul first starts with the plant life and shows them in verses 35-38 the difference in the types of grains that there are and basically he says if you sow wheat you'll get wheat and not any other kind of grain.

If you plant wheat seed as the wheat seed has a different type of body than that of a corn seed that wheat seed will never produce any other kind of grain in the plant life that God created it will only produce after it's kind. A corn seed in the plant life God created has it's own type of body and looks different from that of a wheat seed and can only produce corn after it's kind. And so it is with all the other plant life each life form has it's own body and seed within itself. A tree don't look like the grass on the ground nor can a tree produce grass. A tree has it's own type of body and the grass has it's own type of body.

As the plant life God created has living "bodies" that God gave each of them in the beginning to produce after their kind.

So it is in verse 39 as Paul addresses the believers further about the different types of fleshly "bodies" that God created and put here on this earth in the beginning as we have been given the record of creation in Genesis chapter 1. Paul tells us first there is fleshly "bodies" of men which we should all be familiar with. Paul tells of the fleshly "bodies" that the beasts of the field have and the fleshly "bodies" that the fish have and the fleshly "bodies" that the birds of the air have been given by God. Just as in the plant life so it is in the fleshly bodies of men we all have bodies in which we live in and will produce humans after our kind but we all humans don't look alike but we still have a fleshly body. Same with the beasts of the field different beasts but they all possess fleshly bodies after their own type. The same with the fish and marine life different types but all fleshly bodies and the same with the birds of the air different types but fleshly bodies.

All of the plant life, human life, animal kingdom, marine life, and the bird kingdom all are living "beings" that God created in the beginning and put here on this earth and gave them a body as he chose them to have. These are all the "celesstial" bodies or beings that are on the earth as celesstial means pert to this earth. And there is no other life forms than these that are dwelling with us that have bodies within the "celesstial" realm.

Now as far as the "terrestrial" bodies Paul speaks about in verses 40-41 these "terrestrial bodies" are pert to the heavens as that is what terrestrial means. These bodies include the angelic host of heaven in which God also created in the beginning when he created his place of abode in Genesis 1:1 (it would include all of the fallen angels as well as they too in the beginning were created and were among the angelic host themselves and this would also include the other group of fallen angels that left their first estate) which I have spoken on already above. It includes the various bodies of the stars, galaxy, sun and moon, planets and all of the other various bodies God put within this universe in the record of creation that he gave to us in Genesis 1. All these are what is known as "terrestrial bodies or beings" Once again each being different from one another having their own looks or "bodies" as God chose to give each of these types of "beings."

Now in God's word he has told us what He originally put up in the heavens regarding the "terrestrial bodies" and even told us through the apostle Paul what they were. God has done the same thing in regards to the "celesstial bodies" that he originally put here to dwell and live on this earth and has told us what those celesstial bodies are as well.

So summing this all up from God's word I know that there are no other life forms living among us on this earth in the "celesstial bodies" realm of things. It is only the plant life, the race of human beings, the animal kingdom, marine life and the birds of the air that lives and dwells with us on this earth and there is absolutely nothing else residing or taking up residents among us in the "celesstial realm of things.

I know from God's word again that there are no "Extra"- terrestrials that are living among us. There are "terrestrial" beings or bodies that God created in the original creation as I've discussed with you above. But there is nothing other than those terrestrial bodies mentioned that are living and residing within the heavens above us. There is only the host of heaven which includes all of the the angelic host (which includes the fallen angels or "demons" that operate within our air space or atmosphere to deceive us) and the stary host of all the wonders that God originally put in the skies above us.

There are simple "NO EXTRA'S" out there but there is only the original "T's" (terrestrials) God created and put in the heavens.

Science does not have anything on the knowledge of God for his ways are past finding out.

I hope you will read the entire text of 1 Corinthians chapter 15 I'm sure it will bless you in light of all these things I've tried to share and I hope you will forgive me for being lengthy but you asked :24:

God Bless You Richly

Openly Curious

012looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, on account of which the heavens will be destroyed by burning, and the elements will melt with intense heat! 13But according to His promise we are looking for new heavensand a new earth, in which righteousness dwells.

NASB

Brings an awesome vision in light of this thread.

Greetings other one,

And yes it does bring awesome vision to this thread

God Bless

Openly Curious :24:

07And there was war in heaven, Michael and his angels waging war with the dragon. And the dragon and his angels waged war, 8and they were not strong enough, and there was no longer a place found for them in heaven. 9And the great dragon was thrown down, the serpent of old who is called the devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him. 1

NASB

There is a movement in these end times that is building for these ET's to have been here from the start and created mankind by genetic manipulation. I find it interesting that most of the UFO flap started about the time that Israel was being brought back to their land.

Yes there are ET's and they were thrown out of the heavens by our Lord and his angels and are in the process of deceiving the world. That great master of Light (we know him as the serpant) will soon make his appearance as the great life giver and one should be very versed in God's word and filled with His Spirit not to be drawn into this deception.

Other one you should read post #69

OC